2012 Ford Focus Steering Problem - Page 17 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #161
KaputtEqu1pment
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91122
What I Drive: 2012 Triple Plat White Focus Ti HB

FF Reputation: 1 KaputtEqu1pment Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi KaputtEqu1ment,

My name is Noemi and I'm the residential Ford help. Send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage as well as your personal and dealer contact information. I'll have the Customer Service Manager in your area provide assistance.

Thanks,

Noemi
Noemi,

I talked to my dealer today; they seemed pretty cool about it and very cooperative. I will be bringing my car in tomorrow for them to check it out. I'll post my progress on this issue, and contact you if i need some assistance. Depending how this goes, Ford may get a customer for life.

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 07:42 AM   #162
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,147, Level 34
Points: 3,147, Level: 34 Points: 3,147, Level: 34 Points: 3,147, Level: 34
Level Up 65% Completed
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaputtEqu1pment View Post
Noemi,
I talked to my dealer today; they seemed pretty cool about it and very cooperative. I will be bringing my car in tomorrow for them to check it out. I'll post my progress on this issue, and contact you if i need some assistance. Depending how this goes, Ford may get a customer for life.
Thanks again.
Morning KaputtEqui1ment,

Great! The offer is available, so let me know and I'll be more than happy to assist your further.

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 02-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #163
jjessop
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91332
What I Drive: 2012 White se sedan

FF Reputation: 1 jjessop Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaputtEqu1pment View Post
So I made an extended trip today...

At first, I wrote off the the slight issues that i'm having as me just needing to get used to the new steering wheel. But the issues persisted. Then i found these threads, and I saw that the TSB pointed to cars built on/before aug.1 (mine was sep 14), so i chalked it off as just me tripping and giving it another chance.

Today, after 3200 miles and driving 120miles on the highway, the steering was becoming quite aggravating. I was straight up pissed off at the car. Came back on here and checked that people with cars past the tsb date have to problem too.

Any tips on how i should bring this issue up with my dealer w/o them giving me the go-around?
Here is what worked for me:

1: Be reasonable, patient and professional
2: Show you are knowledgeable, print out the forum posts AND the numerous NHTSB safety complaints
4: Print out all the TSB's you can find
5: Make it clear the current performance of the vehicle is unacceptable and it must be made right

I too was given the "break in" and "learning" run around until they finally kicked it in gear. My issues were resolved and I'm happy, the problems are fixable and the corrective measures known IMHO. My Dad's 71 Pinto drove better off the lot and that's not an exaggeration. Fords quality ratings have plummeted this year and I'm pretty sure the Focus is a significant part of that problem.

Again...I'm happy and now enjoy the vehicle. I have also been impressed with Ford's commitment to customer satisfaction and the negative experience was turned positive. I hope you will experience the same.

Jerry
Old 02-02-2012, 01:53 AM   #164
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjessop View Post
Here is what worked for me:

1: Be reasonable, patient and professional
2: Show you are knowledgeable, print out the forum posts AND the numerous NHTSB safety complaints
4: Print out all the TSB's you can find
5: Make it clear the current performance of the vehicle is unacceptable and it must be made right

I too was given the "break in" and "learning" run around until they finally kicked it in gear. My issues were resolved and I'm happy, the problems are fixable and the corrective measures known IMHO. My Dad's 71 Pinto drove better off the lot and that's not an exaggeration. Fords quality ratings have plummeted this year and I'm pretty sure the Focus is a significant part of that problem.

Again...I'm happy and now enjoy the vehicle. I have also been impressed with Ford's commitment to customer satisfaction and the negative experience was turned positive. I hope you will experience the same.

Jerry
Terrific, Jerry. Being reasonable and unemotional when dealing with problems pays off.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #165
clickman
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93645
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium HB

Points 171, Level 3
Points: 171, Level: 3 Points: 171, Level: 3 Points: 171, Level: 3
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 clickman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus 2012 View Post
Your Ford dealer can go on the Ford in-house computer site called HVBOM to determine which steering gear (or any other part for that matter) was installed in your car at the factory. According to the TSB it would either be part number BV6Z-3504-CE OR BV6Z-3504-DE. The TSB states that a 2012 Focus that came with 18 inch wheels should have a BV6Z-3504-CE and without 18 inch wheels, i.e. 16 or 17 inch, it should have a BV6Z-3504-DE. Hope this helps.
I find this very interesting. Different steering gear for the 18's, which I have. So I have to wonder at the implications of going to 16's, which was my plan for winter...
Old 02-29-2012, 11:29 PM   #166
realbug
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95273
What I Drive: 2012 ti HB

FF Reputation: 1 realbug Good Standing Member
I'm glad I came across this thread. I too found the steering feeling on highway is a bit strange. The car is only one week old and has less than 100 miles on it. As someone mentioned, it's like the steering wheel is locked into a position and you have to conciously make effort to correct it. Most of the time, you end up wiht over correcting. Driving on local road doesn't have the same problem. At first I thought it's just the way it drives until I saw this thread. My another car is a 2007 passat wagon and the passat drives so MUCH easier on freeway. I'll bring it to my dealer and see how they react to the issue. BTW, my car was built around Nov 2011.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #167
cardoc1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90592
What I Drive: 2012 titanium 5door

FF Reputation: 1 cardoc1 Good Standing Member
My titanium hb was also built in November and had the same steering problem. The dealer replaced the steering rack and a strut bearing. I just told the service person about it and they fixed it no questions asked. They drove me home and called me back to say that they had to order the parts and would need the car for two days. They picked me up at my home and drove to a car rental agency where they gave me a loaner at no charge. They called when my car was ready. They told me to just leave the rental with them and they would return it. They also preformed the latest TSB to the trans and replaced a bad radio antenna. They also washed the car. This was the best service that I have ever recieved from a Dealer. I don't know if it's ok to give him a plug, but here goes.It is Walnut Creek Ford in Walnut Creek CA.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:33 AM   #168
greeniii
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96130
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 greeniii Good Standing Member
Angry I am soooooooo upset!!!!!

I took my car in for the tsb on the steering and the headliner noise (have a sunroof) 3-16-11. They call today and say it's done and to bring the loaner car back. I take a quick drive to make sure there is no more squeaking from the headliner. I also noticed the steering is a lot stiffer but didn't have enough time to check on the hwy for the wandering issue since they were closing in 20 mins. I drove maybe 10 miles tonight and all of a sudden it sounds like my car is from the fast and furious movie!!!!!!!!! The exhaust is soooooo loud and deep growling. All of a sudden there is clunking and jerking and I am wondering if I can make it back home. Thanks Barreth Ford!!!! My car was NEVER doing that when I brought it in!!!! Enjoy your weekend while I am without a car until Monday when I am going to try and drive it back over there. Oh yeah, just 5000 miles on my car and it's a POS now! THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 03-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #169
dcamfam
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93153
What I Drive: 2012 5 door Focus White

FF Reputation: 1 dcamfam Good Standing Member
How to contact

Noemi You asked me to send u my info but not sure how to do that privately Old guy not real tech savy I don't face book or twitter. Just email or land line Can u advise? Still having issue with air conditioner cycling off
Old 03-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #170
corpflyboy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95458
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Titanium 401A HB

Points 6, Level 1
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 corpflyboy Good Standing Member
Although my vehicle is not having said issue in this thread I would like to point out something similar.

My 12' 5 door titanium with the 18 inch optional sport suspension wheels and handling package with Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tires 235/40ZR-18 are horrible on grooved concrete hiways! It is not the steering, etc. It is the tires! Although they are great Max Perf Summer Tires on most dry surfaces-they tend to yaw the front and rear axis in opposite directions once at 65+ hiway speeds. As soon as I hit asphalt the issue "TSB's" itself and it is a fun ride to drive again. Ofcourse these tires will not be replaced with OEM equipment once they are toast, to say the least.

Bookmarks & Social Networks