2012 Ford Focus Steering Problem - Page 16 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #151
dcamfam
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93153
What I Drive: 2012 5 door Focus White

FF Reputation: 1 dcamfam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
natasha..can i have an accurate email address for you....yahoo says the one listed is not a valid email
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 08:38 AM   #152
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,230, Level 35
Points: 3,230, Level: 35 Points: 3,230, Level: 35 Points: 3,230, Level: 35
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcamfam View Post
looking for accurate email address for natasha...having problems with my brand new 5 door, and want to have the correct address in case dealer does not respond
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcamfam View Post
natasha..can i have an accurate email address for you....yahoo says the one listed is not a valid email
Hi Dcamfam,

Welcome to the Forum!

No need to use an outside email address to contact me. You can PM myself and Natasha via the Focus Fanatics forum. Hope to hear from you soon.

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 01-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #153
wsdmskr825
Banned

Fan#: 87715
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Sport 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 wsdmskr825 Good Standing Member
So finally got in to my local dealer with my list of issues. It seems they were able to fix the headliner problem, I'll know for sure after the car sits outside in the cold air for a couple of days. They acknowledged the issue with excessive wind noise (whistling) coming off the side mirrors, but said they had not gotten any info from Ford engineering on the recommended fix as of yet. And they ARE replacing my steering rack, which is unfortunately on back order.

I'm pumped that the car is now quiet on the inside, can't wait for it to be quiet on the outside, and am ecstatic that it might finally feel as good on the highway as it does on the back roads. Will update with results. I'm just worried about the implications of such a major repair so early in the car's life. I was planning on keeping this for quite a while, but now my radar is up.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #154
jjessop
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91332
What I Drive: 2012 White se sedan

FF Reputation: 1 jjessop Good Standing Member
Finally problems resolved!

Update on my 2012 highway steering issues and erratic transmission.

After 2 attempts and over 20 days in the shop out of the first 3 months all issues are fixed. Frankly the dealer spent way too much time trying to explain all was normal, let it break in, and other nonsense instead of addressing the issues.

The service manager finally was able to reproduce the highway oscillations and once it got going he was shocked at how annoying/prominent it was. With that they finally took things seriously and got on the horn with Ford HQ.

Steering resolution: As others have reported it required a new complete electric steering assy. Car is now rock solid on the highway and a joy to drive.

Transmission: Implimented all the TSB software updates (duh!) and now it pretty much shifts like a dream. Shifts are now crisp, smooth and the transmission does not get "lost" like it used to.

Now I'm a happy owner and the Car is a true pleasure to drive. My words of advice for Ford is simply to stop with the excuses, let it break in, it's "learning" your driving habits nonsense. There are TSB's for most of the issues users are complaining about and simply addressing the problems when presented would keep us out of these forums looking for help.

Thanks to everyone here for your feedback, information and of course the Ford reps that have truly been helpfull.

Jerry
Old 01-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #155
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Points 3,230, Level 35
Level Up 20% Completed
Forum Activity 28%
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjessop View Post
Update on my 2012 highway steering issues and erratic transmission.
After 2 attempts and over 20 days in the shop out of the first 3 months all issues are fixed. Frankly the dealer spent way too much time trying to explain all was normal, let it break in, and other nonsense instead of addressing the issues.
Now I'm a happy owner and the Car is a true pleasure to drive. My words of advice for Ford is simply to stop with the excuses, let it break in, it's "learning" your driving habits nonsense. There are TSB's for most of the issues users are complaining about and simply addressing the problems when presented would keep us out of these forums looking for help.
Thanks to everyone here for your feedback, information and of course the Ford reps that have truly been helpfull.
Hi jjessop,

Thanks for the update. Always happy to hear a Focus owner is driving around town happily. If you need any further assistance (hopefully not ) in the future, give us a shout out.

Take care!

Noemi

Last edited by FordService; 01-30-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #156
Focus 2012
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92360
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Blue

FF Reputation: 1 Focus 2012 Good Standing Member
Glad you finally got the steering problem fixed and thanks for the tip about the TSB regarding updates for the transmission. I will look into that when I get back from Florida in May. I agree with your observations regarding Ford Service not knowing the problems with new Ford vehicles. They simply have to go on their HVBOM and they could access all the problems with a particular vehicle. The time they spend telling customers there is nothing wrong with their vehicle costs the dealerships money and the customer frustration and lost time going back and forth to the dealership. I don't understand their thinking or perhaps non-thinking is a better description. Take care.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:55 AM   #157
KaputtEqu1pment
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91122
What I Drive: 2012 Triple Plat White Focus Ti HB

FF Reputation: 1 KaputtEqu1pment Good Standing Member
So I made an extended trip today...

At first, I wrote off the the slight issues that i'm having as me just needing to get used to the new steering wheel. But the issues persisted. Then i found these threads, and I saw that the TSB pointed to cars built on/before aug.1 (mine was sep 14), so i chalked it off as just me tripping and giving it another chance.

Today, after 3200 miles and driving 120miles on the highway, the steering was becoming quite aggravating. I was straight up pissed off at the car. Came back on here and checked that people with cars past the tsb date have to problem too.

Any tips on how i should bring this issue up with my dealer w/o them giving me the go-around?
Old 01-29-2012, 05:56 AM   #158
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaputtEqu1pment View Post
So I made an extended trip today...

At first, I wrote off the the slight issues that i'm having as me just needing to get used to the new steering wheel. But the issues persisted. Then i found these threads, and I saw that the TSB pointed to cars built on/before aug.1 (mine was sep 14), so i chalked it off as just me tripping and giving it another chance.

Today, after 3200 miles and driving 120miles on the highway, the steering was becoming quite aggravating. I was straight up pissed off at the car. Came back on here and checked that people with cars past the tsb date have to problem too.

Any tips on how i should bring this issue up with my dealer w/o them giving me the go-around?
Print out a copy of the TSB. Take the service manager for a drive (let him drive) to demonstrate the problem. Once he agrees there is a problem, give him a copy of the TSB.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #159
Focus 2012
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92360
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Blue

FF Reputation: 1 Focus 2012 Good Standing Member
Hi. My car's build date was Aug 2, one day after the cut-off for the TSB. My dealer recognized that my car had the same problem as outlined in the TSB and elected to simply repair the problem under the car's warranty. The dealer said it was easier to do it this way than try to convince Ford Motor Co. to fix the car under the TSB. It didn't matter to me as long as the problem was repaired which it was. I believe that Ford was too quick to assign a cut-off date for the TSB as there were probably defective steering racks already on the assembly line. The service department at my dealer followed the TSB to repair my car. Good luck in getting your car repaired. The problem is not only annoying, but is a major safety issue in my opinion and there should have been a recall on these cars.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #160
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Points 3,230, Level 35
Level Up 20% Completed
Forum Activity 28%
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaputtEqu1pment View Post
.......Today, after 3200 miles and driving 120miles on the highway, the steering was becoming quite aggravating. I was straight up pissed off at the car. Came back on here and checked that people with cars past the tsb date have to problem too
Hi KaputtEqu1ment,

My name is Noemi and I'm the residential Ford help. Send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage as well as your personal and dealer contact information. I'll have the Customer Service Manager in your area provide assistance.

Thanks,

Noemi

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.