2012 Ford Focus Steering Problem - Page 10 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #91
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,140, Level 34
Points: 3,140, Level: 34 Points: 3,140, Level: 34 Points: 3,140, Level: 34
Level Up 60% Completed
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Natasha , take a look here , this guy went to a dealer and .... well you can see what happened
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270864
Thanks for the heads up, Tom! I'll see what I can do.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2011, 07:45 AM   #92
yamahacreeker
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89010
What I Drive: 2012 race red focus

FF Reputation: 1 yamahacreeker Good Standing Member
steering probblem

I would Like to Thank Natasha and also Nathan at Ford Customer service for helping me get the ball rolling. To enlighten everyone about my daughters 2012 focus look back to page 3 of this problem. Same problem as everyone else is having. with a little help from Natasha and Nate we were able to fix this problem. I should have said all of this 2 months ago. The car sat at the dealership for over 2 weeks back in August, Nate called me and said it would be another 2 weeks for the rack to ship( I said WTF ) I later figured out that ford will not ship parts right off the line cuz First they have to document the problem , Do studies, check part numbers , All to see if the parts they need to fix all came from the same Supplier or even the same batch. with that said . Car is fixed and runs great
and when all of you get your car back... ask ford what they can do for me. we got an extended warrenty 5 year 75,000 mile warrenty for free. So thanks again Ford People. This is what makes America Great. ( PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE )
Old 11-03-2011, 09:08 AM   #93
texas75218
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90127
What I Drive: 2012 frosted glass

FF Reputation: 1 texas75218 Good Standing Member
Unhappy nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahacreeker View Post
I would Like to Thank Natasha and also Nathan at Ford Customer service for helping me get the ball rolling. To enlighten everyone about my daughters 2012 focus look back to page 3 of this problem. Same problem as everyone else is having. with a little help from Natasha and Nate we were able to fix this problem. I should have said all of this 2 months ago. The car sat at the dealership for over 2 weeks back in August, Nate called me and said it would be another 2 weeks for the rack to ship( I said WTF ) I later figured out that ford will not ship parts right off the line cuz First they have to document the problem , Do studies, check part numbers , All to see if the parts they need to fix all came from the same Supplier or even the same batch. with that said . Car is fixed and runs great
and when all of you get your car back... ask ford what they can do for me. we got an extended warrenty 5 year 75,000 mile warrenty for free. So thanks again Ford People. This is what makes America Great. ( PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE )
We have been waiting over a month for the parts. The dealer has everything but some nuts. Said ford says they are on backorder until end of November. Larger dealers in Texas have the nuts but are hording them and will not let our dealer have them. As of now we have no one from Ford who will expedite the nuts that are available to others. I wish we had someone who could help us but at this time no one will. If the dealer gets the nuts when ford says they will it would have been over 2 months with this steering problem.
As a 3rd gen loyal Ford buyers family this greatly sadens me.
Its not like we are talking about a loose headliner. Other then Brakes the steering is the next most important safety item. Why the Ford customer service people on this forum help some but not others is a puzzle.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:22 AM   #94
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Points 3,140, Level 34
Level Up 60% Completed
Forum Activity 14%
Quote:
I would Like to Thank Natasha and also Nathan at Ford Customer service for helping me get the ball rolling....So thanks again Ford People. This is what makes America Great. ( PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE )
Thank you so much! Helping resolve your issue was my pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas75218 View Post
We have been waiting over a month for the parts. The dealer has everything but some nuts. Said ford says they are on backorder until end of November. Larger dealers in Texas have the nuts but are hording them and will not let our dealer have them. Why the Ford customer service people on this forum help some but not others is a puzzle.
Hi texas75218,

I just responded to your PM, but I'm still waiting on either your VIN or complete address so I can try to look it up that way. I'm unable to proceed further without that information. If you prefer not to send me the details, you are welcome to call our Customer Relationship Center at 800.392.3673.

Thanks for your long-term support!

~Natasha

Old 11-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #95
texas75218
Focus Rookie

Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Thank you so much! Helping resolve your issue was my pleasure.

Hi texas75218,

I just responded to your PM, but I'm still waiting on either your VIN or complete address so I can try to look it up that way. I'm unable to proceed further without that information. If you prefer not to send me the details, you are welcome to call our Customer Relationship Center at 800.392.3673.

Thanks for your long-term support!

~Natasha
We have called the CRC and they will not even acknowlege a steering issue exists with the 2012 Focus. You have the name of the dealer, our name, phone number. Its a small dealer and we are the only ones with a focus waiting for parts. They have all the parts but the nuts. It's sad that you cannot take 5 mins of your day to call them. I am not sure why you need our address. You act as though you have a hidden agenda. If I give you our address can you get them the parts? Why wont you call the dealer? You say you can not help us without the information. It looks like you will not help us.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #96
texas75218
Focus Rookie

Thanks for finally explaining that due to privacy issues the dealer can not give you the information. Was it that hard to explain? Thanks also for explaining that you cannot expedite the parts(nuts). Since there is nothing you can do for us on getting the parts (we only need the nuts) I see no reason to give you our address.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #97
yamahacreeker
Focus Rookie

Dear Texas 75218 I asum you live in texas ..... I dont know the lemon laws of that state but here in Wisconsin ( GO PAC GO ) HAHAHA the lemon law states 30 days of down time for the same probblem and Ford gets it back ... no questions asked. ford told me back ordered that long too and I told them that the days were ticking . and you know what the parts were at the dealership the NEXT DAY I you not... thats when I told Ford that they need to do more for Inconviencing us . and got the extended warrenty bumper to bumper[bootyshak
Old 11-03-2011, 11:11 AM   #98
texas75218
Focus Rookie

Unhappy Customer Service

Quote:
Dear Texas 75218 I asum you live in texas ..... I dont know the lemon laws of that state but here in Wisconsin ( GO PAC GO ) HAHAHA the lemon law states 30 days of down time for the same probblem and Ford gets it back ... no questions asked. ford told me back ordered that long too and I told them that the days were ticking . and you know what the parts were at the dealership the NEXT DAY I you not... thats when I told Ford that they need to do more for Inconviencing us . and got the extended warrenty bumper to bumper[bootyshak
You would think they would at least apologize for having such a poor quality inspection process that would allow unsafe vehicles to be sold and put on the streets. As someone who has worked in customer service for years here is how I would have preferred my experience to have gone.
Ford customer service : We are sorry for endangering you and your family memberís lives. You say the dealer only needs the nuts in order to repair your Brand New Ford Focus and that you have been waiting over a month for them. I will find them and have them shipped over night if I can't then we will provide a free rental car while you wait for your Brand New Ford Focus to be repaired. We are sorry for the inconvenience that our lack of caring about what kind of product we produce has caused you and we will strive to do better in the future. We appreciate you being a 3rd generation loyal Ford customer we hope that our quick response to your issue will keep your business in the future.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #99
yamahacreeker
Focus Rookie

One other point I wanna make to all............ the squeeky wheel gets the greese ... always remember that.... you don't ask... you don't get and dont start talking unless you have all the facts.. when this first started and the dealership said there was no problem that Ford knew about I printed off 15 pages of this forum and made the sevice manager read it................. ( AGAIN PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE ) IS WHAT MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND......... And yes we still do love our Fords
Old 11-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #100
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Points 3,140, Level 34
Level Up 60% Completed
Forum Activity 14%
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas75218 View Post
Thanks also for explaining that you cannot expedite the parts(nuts). Since there is nothing you can do for us on getting the parts (we only need the nuts) I see no reason to give you our address.
Hi texas75218,

As I said in my PM, I cannot guarantee the part will be expedited, as you still haven't provided your vehicle information. I've offered to do everything I can, and you made it clear you would rather not give that information, so it is out of my hands. I do want to help, so when you are ready, I'm here.

~Natasha

Bookmarks & Social Networks