2013 Ford Focus Titanium Transmission Problem - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-11-2012, 04:01 AM   #1
coputeryoda2600
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104306
What I Drive: 2013, Gray, Ti

FF Reputation: 1 coputeryoda2600 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2013 Ford Focus Titanium Transmission Problem

Question I live in California and was wondering as to anyone having a problem with the transmission in a 2013 Ford Focus Titanium and any other problems. I purchased the car is September 2012 with 25 miles and it was good until day three, at 80 miles the car bucked and shuttered from stop to go. Going up hill the car would barley make a 5 to 10 degree sloped hill and when I stop the car would jerk forward I took it back and the dealer told me to just keep driving the car. It got to the point where I couldn't make my drive way at 257 miles and took it back in again the dealer said that the transmission is to new to drive it more. No, improvement at around 800 miles and took it in to another dealer on my way home because I couldn't get the car to shift into second. That dealer reprogrammed the computer and it was good for about 8 miles then the car would just buck. I drove the car to 1136 miles and took it in for the transmission and the backup camera that now points to the ground. Again they are telling me there is nothing wrong with the transmission nor the backup camera that again points to the bumper/ground. I drove it home got to the hill to me driveway and it struggled up the hill. Called up the dealer and told them what had happened but they said that the transmission is fine and I'll have to drive the car more. I have 1746 on the car right now with very little improvement with the transmission and crap backup camera and now it make a rattling noise under the car and the transmission makes noise badly. I've looked into the lemon law but do to the dealer telling me there is nothing wrong with the transmission the lemon law will not apply. Any one have problems or any suggestions on what I can due? Thanks. -Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 04:29 AM   #2
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

Points 126,137, Level 100
Points: 126,137, Level: 100 Points: 126,137, Level: 100 Points: 126,137, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 81%
Activity: 81% Activity: 81% Activity: 81%
FF Reputation: 48 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
There are countless threads on this already if you were to look for them. There are Ford representatives on this site also can help get the dealer to do something.

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 11-11-2012, 04:31 AM   #3
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Points: 126,137, Level: 100 Points: 126,137, Level: 100 Points: 126,137, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 81%
HERE is a link to, go ahead send them a PM and see what they can do for you.

Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 11-11-2012, 04:34 AM   #4
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 81%
I also moved your thread to the MK3 section so that other owners can see your post. The technical chat area is more for people having trouble with there car and looking to fix it themselves. Being you have brand new car and it's under warranty I just put you with the others. If you look in this chat area you will see many other threads of people talking about the transmission problems like yours. Good luck and I hope you get it fixed with out much more trouble.

Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 11-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

Points 12,104, Level 72
Points: 12,104, Level: 72 Points: 12,104, Level: 72 Points: 12,104, Level: 72
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 31%
Activity: 31% Activity: 31% Activity: 31%
FF Reputation: 15 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
Ford should have 'woke up' and move this transmission building to Germany, where it would be built properly, instead of in Mexico, where obviously they cannot build it to proper spec.
Seems the factory must be getting lazy again and allowing shoddy construction to destroy this great car and transmission.
100% of the problems are wrong tolerances in the critical clutch assy.
Whomever is responsible should be sack AND hanged.
Ford has fallen on it's own sword allowing this sort of failure to continue.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #6
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,772, Level 32
Points: 2,772, Level: 32 Points: 2,772, Level: 32 Points: 2,772, Level: 32
Level Up 15% Completed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
Ford should have 'woke up' and move this transmission building to Germany, where it would be built properly, instead of in Mexico, where obviously they cannot build it to proper spec.
Seems the factory must be getting lazy again and allowing shoddy construction to destroy this great car and transmission.
100% of the problems are wrong tolerances in the critical clutch assy.
Whomever is responsible should be sack AND hanged.
Ford has fallen on it's own sword allowing this sort of failure to continue.
Are we sure the clutches are made in Mexico, too? The OP presumably has up-to-date software so it's either part of the break-in process (unlikely) or the not-too-uncommon oil leaking on the clutches problem, which is from poor assembly work in Mexico.

It's hard to imagine Ford doing a worse job rolling out the DCT, with half-baked software, persistent quality issues, an unprepared dealer network, etc. It's starting to show when you see how much incentive cash is now on the hood of new Focuses compared to its competitors.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #7
coputeryoda2600
Focus Rookie

Thanks for the information. This Ford has been a nightmare. For now however this is my first Ford and will be my last. -Mike
Old 11-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
zehkaiser
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98706
What I Drive: 2012 Tux Black Focus Titanium Hatch

Points 987, Level 16
Points: 987, Level: 16 Points: 987, Level: 16 Points: 987, Level: 16
Level Up 87% Completed
Level up: 87% Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 zehkaiser Good Standing Member
The camera should point at the bumper and ground. You should notice that the bumper is visible in the bottom .5" - 1" of the screen. If it looks like something is touching your bumper in the image, it's touching your bumper. It is angled so you can get RIGHT up against something without smacking it. The fish-eye of the lens helps so you can see what's behind you, and also what's up close. If you think it's weird, take a picture of it, and I'll compare it to mine. I'll take a picture when I get home to the car.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #9
coputeryoda2600
Focus Rookie

The image on the camera is not the same as when I purchased the car nor is the same as the image on a fellow workers edge. The case is if I zoom in one click all I see is the ground that is not the way the image was before I washed the car at the car wash. I've purchased a camera of a edge from ebay so hopefully this will solve the problem. Oh the camera does wiggle a little in the housing.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #10
cardoc1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90592
What I Drive: 2012 titanium 5door

FF Reputation: 1 cardoc1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by zehkaiser View Post
The camera should point at the bumper and ground. You should notice that the bumper is visible in the bottom .5" - 1" of the screen. If it looks like something is touching your bumper in the image, it's touching your bumper. It is angled so you can get RIGHT up against something without smacking it. The fish-eye of the lens helps so you can see what's behind you, and also what's up close. If you think it's weird, take a picture of it, and I'll compare it to mine. I'll take a picture when I get home to the car.
My 2012 camera has a zoom button on the upper right corner of the screen. I guess it's for hooking up the trailer that we can't tow

Bookmarks & Social Networks