ABS, Traction Control & Brake Light Flicker on Dash - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #1
2012SEVT
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103856
What I Drive: 2012 Metallic Grey Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 2012SEVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
ABS, Traction Control & Brake Light Flicker on Dash

2012 Focus SE Sport Package 5 Spd

I had all 3 lights flicker on and go away immediately after they popped on. Basically came on as quick as the normal traction control light does when you are in heavy rain or snow. Except it happens while on a sunny day driving into work on the high way or even gently pulling out of a gas station. It happened 8 times and I brought my car back to ford and they took it for a day and said I must have drained the battery because I had air bag codes as well stored in the system as well as PCM codes (there was no check engine light on at any point in time either) They said they cleared the codes and updated my sync and was told to have a good day and that this is the first Focus they've heard of having this issue.

Day after I once again had the 3 wisemen flicker on and off throughout my travels so I've now documented every occurrence to the time, date, location, speed and weather conditions. It's my works busy season so once it dies down near Christmas I'll bring the car back with the documentation in hopes they still won't know what going on.

Anyone else having this issue?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012SEVT View Post
2012 Focus SE Sport Package 5 Spd

I had all 3 lights flicker on and go away immediately after they popped on. Basically came on as quick as the normal traction control light does when you are in heavy rain or snow. Except it happens while on a sunny day driving into work on the high way or even gently pulling out of a gas station. It happened 8 times and I brought my car back to ford and they took it for a day and said I must have drained the battery because I had air bag codes as well stored in the system as well as PCM codes (there was no check engine light on at any point in time either) They said they cleared the codes and updated my sync and was told to have a good day and that this is the first Focus they've heard of having this issue.

Day after I once again had the 3 wisemen flicker on and off throughout my travels so I've now documented every occurrence to the time, date, location, speed and weather conditions. It's my works busy season so once it dies down near Christmas I'll bring the car back with the documentation in hopes they still won't know what going on.

Anyone else having this issue?
Hi 2012SEVT,

Have you been to your dealer for this concern? Let me know and I'll look into available options.

Todd

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
2012SEVT
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Hi 2012SEVT,

Have you been to your dealer for this concern? Let me know and I'll look into available options.

Todd
I had them look at it once and they said I must have drained the battery while replacing lights in the car. I haven't been back since and it was over a month ago. It's not a huge concern because its something that doesn't leave me stranded so when I have a breather after Christmas I'll get the car back into them. If you have some insight to this issue keep me posted.

Darin
Old 11-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
I had them look at it once and they said I must have drained the battery while replacing lights in the car. I haven't been back since and it was over a month ago. It's not a huge concern because its something that doesn't leave me stranded so when I have a breather after Christmas I'll get the car back into them. If you have some insight to this issue keep me posted.

Darin
Hey Darin,

Can you believe the holidays are right around the corner? Keep me posted on further developments and I'll step in as needed.

Have a great night.

Todd

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 01-21-2014, 05:03 PM   #5
Supkylesup
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 121170
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus SE yellow blaze

FF Reputation: 3 Supkylesup Good Standing Member
Don't mean to resurrect an old thread but did you ever have it looked at?
I had the same problem the other day.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:14 PM   #6
Strix
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
I had them look at it once and they said I must have drained the battery while replacing lights in the car.
Typical Ford dealership response: blame the customer.

I'm also curious if you ever got this fixed.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:39 PM   #7
2012SEVT
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
Typical Ford dealership response: blame the customer.

I'm also curious if you ever got this fixed.

UPDATE: Since you kind people have asked for one.

I have a microsoft word document with the 9 times its happened since November and I've documented times and locations as well. I'll go in next month with it and see what they say. I currently have 24k miles on the car and I'm sure they will reset the computer/re-program the sync/pcm or something and say they don't know why it did it like last time.

I'm a service manager myself at an auto repair facility so I know its hard to diagnose issues when they don't happen in the shop or on a test drive since this is such a random occurrance.

Darin

P.S it's nice to know I'm not the only one now who's had the 3 light issue... I thought I was all alone!
Old 04-14-2014, 07:20 PM   #8
2012SEVT
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

4-14-14 Update

I went to the dealership 2 weeks ago and they said they could only get the traction control light to come on during a hard shift... WTH? I told them this is not something you can make happen. It happens all on its own while you are driving. Even the service Manager took my car for a drive and said he couldn't get the lights to come on either... only during a hard shift. I wanted to say YOU for beating on my car but I didn't. I said I hope your tech and your service manager were hard shifting on some ice somewhere and not on the pavement.... (held back anger).

I can get the traction control light to come on in snow with letting the clutch out and giving it a quick tap of the gas. I really didn't want to know what they did to my car which they put on over 20 miles. I have walked away with my dealership sheet saying they couldn't find anything wrong and there were no stored codes like last time (which again they said was bc I drained my battery installing bulbs in my car... which never happened)

Also they had the wrong mileage on my car by several hundred miles on my receipt so I walked back in and handed them the receipt with a corrected mileage and asked if they wanted the actual mileage for their records.

I hope someone gets this figured out because I'm not going back for this reason again for them to horse on my car and not listen to a word I said.

Bookmarks & Social Networks