Focus at the track, lacking power - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #21
chriskobi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84901
What I Drive: 2000, bright blue, zx3

FF Reputation: 1 chriskobi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quick question about throttle bodies since it has been mentioned. I assume the opening diameter is the important part of an aftermarket TB? The bigger the better (up to a point of course) Is there any particular crappy brand? its basic function is to let air in right, is there a preferred brand?
This probably could go in engine performance section but we were just talking about it.
NW Posse #30
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #22
Jack FFR1846
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89104
What I Drive: 07 Elise

FF Reputation: 1 Jack FFR1846 Good Standing Member
More seat time. Try to ride with instructors during their sessions if you're not working a corner or in the classroom. The difference between a n00b's time and his instructor on a 1.5 mile course in the same car is typically 14 seconds a lap. (Lime Rock, NHMS as example tracks). Also carefully look at the track for where you might take a chicane where you can literally go straight through. NHMS turn 12 entry comes to mind. Your car is a momentum car. Watch what experienced guys in Miatas do. Or watch the ITA front wheel drive cars in an SCCA race when they're out of traffic. Don't focus on what you can do to the car. When I took my instructor test with SCDA, Bill Prout (look him up) got in his spec neon and told me to get in the passenger seat and instruct him. After checking me out, he took 2 or 3 laps. I'll tell you what.....he put a few BMW 3 series cars to shame with a spec Neon. Seat time over all else.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #23
Clark18
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85911
What I Drive: 2002 Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Clark18 Good Standing Member
I agree with getting help from more experienced racers. Attend an SCCA (or NASA) event and talk to the drivers, they are always willing to help and you will have a lot of fun watching the action.

Bookmarks & Social Networks