Interior lights rattling!? - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-22-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
JesseE1981
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88551
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 JesseE1981 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Interior lights rattling!?

My interior lights (2 front lights that appear over the shoulder of the driver and the passenger, and the light in the back), have all started to rattle from what I think would be engine vibration. There is no visible screws, so I have no idea what the issue would be, but it also sounds like the plastic cover over the LED's is what is vibrating. I'm not sure if it has to do with the interior headliner, and the fact that if I push it up it and let go, it falls back down slightly making a tacky sound as it does (like the glue has failed on it), or what.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Yup. I had my headliner replaced - but the glue failed again. I don't think it's really an issue, though.

If you have a moonroof, there are four (I think) 3M dual-lock velcro-like strips around the opening of the moonroof that my have come undone. Correcting one of those loose velcro strips fixed most of my rattling issues.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
JesseE1981
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88551
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 JesseE1981 Good Standing Member
I only see 2 velcro areas in my car (I have the moon roof), they are in the front of that. Behind the moonroof, I can see into the headliner, and there is dried glue (literally looks like hot glue), and yeah, it's just that, dried and not sticking to the roof of the car. I could take it in, but I know it's going to be a pain....maybe I'll just buy that headliner spray glue from the auto stores.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:35 AM   #4
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE1981 View Post
I only see 2 velcro areas in my car (I have the moon roof), they are in the front of that. Behind the moonroof, I can see into the headliner, and there is dried glue (literally looks like hot glue), and yeah, it's just that, dried and not sticking to the roof of the car. I could take it in, but I know it's going to be a pain....maybe I'll just buy that headliner spray glue from the auto stores.
I'd be careful with that if I were you due to potential stains. I know a few people on here have reported stains after repairs were attempted by just gluing it back. Of course it probably depends on the type and amount used, but do you really want to risk it for something you should be able to get fixed under warranty only to be stuck with stains that the warranty won't cover? I can't imagine headliners and their installation are too cheap of a prospect.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #5
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
I'd be careful with that if I were you due to potential stains [ . . .] but do you really want to risk it for something you should be able to get fixed under warranty only to be stuck with stains that the warranty won't cover? I can't imagine headliners and their installation are too cheap of a prospect.
Agreed. Take it in.

EDIT: Yeah, there are two in the front and I think thought there were two more velcro pads are on the sides? I could be mistaken, though.

Bookmarks & Social Networks