Pro-Clip Phone Mount - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
Josh321
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85263
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 Josh321 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Pro-Clip Phone Mount

One thing I've been slightly disappointed with is the lack of center console interior storage. I wish there was a cubby hole right where the climate control and shifter are--mainly to stick my phone for easy access without taking up the cupholders. I ended up ordering a Pro-Clip mount, and I love it. Check it out here: 2012 Ford Focus Pro-Clip Mounts.

I got the angled mount, and it fits just perfectly on the edge of the vent and that lower trim piece below the audio/nav. It is very secure and sturdy--no rattles or wobbliness. I've decided to use Bluetooth for music instead of USB, so I like to have the phone visible to pick out music, etc. and view SMS if they come in (iPhone doesn't support SMS through Sync). The mount is inside the vertical plane of the center console, too, so it doesn't bump the left knee of the front passenger.

Great product!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #2
Titanium12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86295
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Titanium12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh321 View Post
One thing I've been slightly disappointed with is the lack of center console interior storage. I wish there was a cubby hole right where the climate control and shifter are--mainly to stick my phone for easy access without taking up the cupholders. I ended up ordering a Pro-Clip mount, and I love it. Check it out here: 2012 Ford Focus Pro-Clip Mounts.

I got the angled mount, and it fits just perfectly on the edge of the vent and that lower trim piece below the audio/nav. It is very secure and sturdy--no rattles or wobbliness. I've decided to use Bluetooth for music instead of USB, so I like to have the phone visible to pick out music, etc. and view SMS if they come in (iPhone doesn't support SMS through Sync). The mount is inside the vertical plane of the center console, too, so it doesn't bump the left knee of the front passenger.

Great product!

Any pictures of yours and what phone do you have? Thanks!
Delivery Date: June 29, 2011
Old 07-06-2011, 06:47 AM   #3
Josh321
Focus Enthusiast

I meant to do this when I made the first post. Here you go:

It's a little hard to tell from the first pic, but it's angled perfectly towards the driver. The mount I got for my iPhone is supposed to work for iPhone 3G/3GS with cases, but my case is pretty thin, so it can tilt a little bit (isn't wobbly, though). iPhone 4 models in slim cases fit perfectly. The mount is also on a tilt/swivel base to get it in just the right position. It locks down with a screw once there. The mount is also width adjustable for other phone/device models.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
EddieWinslow
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86598
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 EddieWinslow Good Standing Member
Quote:
I meant to do this when I made the first post. Here you go:

It's a little hard to tell from the first pic, but it's angled perfectly towards the driver. The mount I got for my iPhone is supposed to work for iPhone 3G/3GS with cases, but my case is pretty thin, so it can tilt a little bit (isn't wobbly, though). iPhone 4 models in slim cases fit perfectly. The mount is also on a tilt/swivel base to get it in just the right position. It locks down with a screw once there. The mount is also width adjustable for other phone/device models.

sorry to thread hijack...but its been bugging me.

what are the 2 buttons that you have directly in front of your shifter knob? in my SEL i have the passenger airbag light and then defrost i believe. what are the other 2 as mine is just a blank space.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #5
SydneyRoo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86671
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Blue Candy

Points 1,434, Level 21
Points: 1,434, Level: 21 Points: 1,434, Level: 21 Points: 1,434, Level: 21
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 SydneyRoo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieWinslow View Post
sorry to thread hijack...but its been bugging me.

what are the 2 buttons that you have directly in front of your shifter knob? in my SEL i have the passenger airbag light and then defrost i believe. what are the other 2 as mine is just a blank space.
I'll answer that!
One is to turn the front/rear parking sensors off (just in case you hate the beeping and want to hit something), the other is to turn the Self-Parking thing on! I have both on my car :3
Old 07-08-2011, 12:43 AM   #6
STL 314
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87196
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 2 STL 314 Good Standing Member
Looks pretty good ... usually I think those things are too clunky but I like it. Might consider getting one for long trips or my commute. Does it clip/unclip pretty easily?
Old 07-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #7
Josh321
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL 314 View Post
Looks pretty good ... usually I think those things are too clunky but I like it. Might consider getting one for long trips or my commute. Does it clip/unclip pretty easily?
The mount is semi-permanent. It has some adhesive strips under the clip to make sure it doesn't budge, but the clip itself holds on pretty tight. The phone just slides in and out of the holder.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #8
baron
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87533
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 baron Good Standing Member
I got an iphone bracket on Ebay for $12. It secures with 3m dble sided tape. On my se I have it attached in the little cubby where the emergency brake is on an sel. The bracket works great and keeps the phone in a place where it is easy to see maps and at the same time keep it plugged into the usb for charging and better than bluetooth audio. Also very easy to put in and take as I leave the car. I don't seem to have photo posting privileges yet or I would post some pics. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Old 08-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #9
Titanium12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86295
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Titanium12 Good Standing Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
The mount is semi-permanent. It has some adhesive strips under the clip to make sure it doesn't budge, but the clip itself holds on pretty tight. The phone just slides in and out of the holder.
Got mine today and man do I like it! Mine mounts on the opposite AC vent.....very accessible from the steering wheel. Would have taken some photos.......but my iPhone 4 was in the holder! LOL! I'll take a picture with my wife's phone sometime this week and post.

OK...here are the photos.....some are dark I know.....but you get the idea.

Delivery Date: June 29, 2011

Last edited by Titanium12; 08-03-2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Photos
Old 08-03-2011, 10:28 PM   #10
HoustonFocus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87745
What I Drive: 2012 Grey SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 HoustonFocus Good Standing Member
I have the left mount one as well with Garmin velcroed to it. I hard wired it next to the steering column, then behind the stereo following the steel support rod, then over to the fuse box. Hour of PITA for wiring but clean forever after.

Bookmarks & Social Networks