Keyless entry keypad? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #11
Josh321
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85263
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 Josh321 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethpickle View Post
Bummer it doesn't work with the IA.
I hadn't heard that. Is that confirmed, or are you assuming? It's essentially another keyless entry remote but without the IA chip that enables the vehicle to start. I don't see why it wouldn't be compatible, but it would add hardly any additional convenience other than what you mentioned: being able to leave the car locked without having to carry anything.

As a side note, I installed one on my partner's TransitConnect van he drives as an HVAC repair technician. It was a breeze to program, and being able to lock/unlock without having to dig in pockets for keys is really handy. Nice to be able to lock it with one motion, too (press 7/8 and 9/0 keys simultaneously).

Another good spot to stick it on the Focus hatchback might be at the top of the rear window glass tucked up under the spoiler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #12
Dethpickle
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86276
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 Dethpickle Good Standing Member
You know... I believe I read it. But I'm just checking PartsCheap and FordAccessories and it doesn't say it exactly.

It says - "For vehicles equipped with factory remote keyless entry." Which isn't exactly IA. I'll keep looking...
Old 07-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #13
bball40dtw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85847
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti and 2013 C-Max SE

FF Reputation: 1 bball40dtw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh321 View Post
I hadn't heard that. Is that confirmed, or are you assuming? It's essentially another keyless entry remote but without the IA chip that enables the vehicle to start. I don't see why it wouldn't be compatible, but it would add hardly any additional convenience other than what you mentioned: being able to leave the car locked without having to carry anything.

As a side note, I installed one on my partner's TransitConnect van he drives as an HVAC repair technician. It was a breeze to program, and being able to lock/unlock without having to dig in pockets for keys is really handy. Nice to be able to lock it with one motion, too (press 7/8 and 9/0 keys simultaneously).

Another good spot to stick it on the Focus hatchback might be at the top of the rear window glass tucked up under the spoiler.
Keyless entry is compatible with IA. I haven't seen both on a Focus at the same time, but I thought you could order it with both. I do know that the 2011 Explorer Limited does have IA and keyless entry. However, the keyless entry is so much more awesome on the Explorer. It's hidden in the B-pillar like the MKS.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:49 AM   #14
trombo
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86680
What I Drive: 2012 OW SE hatch

FF Reputation: 1 trombo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by qksilvr View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I may pick one up and stick it on the inside of the gas lid or someplace out of sight.
I'm all about this gas cap idea.

Has anyone confirmed there is a suitable location for it to fit? My car won't arrive for a few more weeks. :anxious:
Old 07-02-2011, 08:39 AM   #15
scottjl
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86588
What I Drive: 2012 StrlGry 5dr Ti

FF Reputation: 1 scottjl Good Standing Member
keyless entry does work with IA. i just about ordered it with my Ti but figured i'd save some money and get one myself from partscheap.com once the car was in.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #16
sina_54157
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86762
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 sina_54157 Good Standing Member
I added the keypad to my SE and it works great. When I had mine installed the service department said it had to be installed on the door. I haven't had any problems with it, however I do agree that it looks kind of cheap.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:34 PM   #17
virtualdrummer
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89011
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 virtualdrummer Good Standing Member
IA Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
keyless entry does work with IA. i just about ordered it with my Ti but figured i'd save some money and get one myself from partscheap.com once the car was in.
Have you installed this on your Titanium? I ordered the keyless entry pad, but the instructions are very specific to using a key in the ignition to program the keypad. I've attempted to replicate that with the start/stop button, but have had no luck. Could this perhaps be something that needs to be done by the dealer?
Old 08-19-2011, 08:08 PM   #18
scottjl
Focus Addict

no. i didn't. sorry. in another thread someone confirmed that the keypad is incompatible with IA so i did not order one.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:44 PM   #19
underbird10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88103
What I Drive: 2014 ST3

FF Reputation: 3 underbird10 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I bought the keyless entry keypad and attempted to install it with IA. I followed both sets of instructions included with the unit and neither would work. You can get the car into programming mode by doing a series of on/off switches of the start button, however the car would not accept the programming of the keypad.

I tried it six times each using both procedures and it would not complete the procedure. It defaulted back to the factory programming each time. At that point I gave up and installed the keypad on my wife's Escape. It accepted the programming the first time, so the keypad and procedure were correct.

It's my take that the IA software will not allow the addition of the keypad. However I have not confirmed that with anyone from Ford.

My other rides -2006 Performance White Mustang GT Coupe, 2004 40th Anniversary Edition Mustang Coupe, 2013 Edge Limited
Old 08-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #20
scottjl
Focus Addict

Well it used to be available as an option when building your vehicle for the Titanium, it isn't any longer. Could be a bug in the web site, or Ford pulled the option for the Ti.

Any Ti owners out there anywhere who have the touchpad working with their vehicle? Let's hear from you. We know it works with the SE and SEL, looking only for confirmation from someone with a Ti that it works for them.

Bookmarks & Social Networks