Deployment and car buying - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Off-Topic Discussions > Military Fanatics

Military Fanatics A place dedicated to our members in uniform. Here you can hang out, share stories as well as keep us updated with day-to-day activities.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
Brad52693
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108986
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Brad52693 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Deployment and car buying

So I was wondering if anyone knew anything about buying a car for cheaper or without taxes while out on deployment. I'm trying to purchase a 2013 Ford Focus in 8 months when im off of deployment. Any suggestions please.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
cornettbr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110725
What I Drive: 2013 oxford white se sedan

FF Reputation: 1 cornettbr Good Standing Member
I would be careful. Usually when it looks too good to be true it is. Military gets screwed over alot with deals like that. Read everything before you sign and take the contract with you back to base and talk to either legal or your command. If they won't let you take it home first DO NOT do it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using FF Mobile
Old 04-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #3
WiscoGTI
Turböner

Fan#: 70225
What I Drive: 2002 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 32 WiscoGTI Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Especially if you're a new soldier. You most likely will get taken advantage of.. hard. Definitely check with your first or second line leaders at the very least.

Sent from my Man Cannon via FF Mobile
Old 04-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
Unimoose
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107133
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue SE

FF Reputation: 1 Unimoose Good Standing Member
If you're still deployed check out AAFES New Car Sales. They are typically very easy to deal with. I got my Focus through them and was able to pick it up a week after getting back CONUS. I've already warned the wife if I get deployed yet again I'm getting a new Street Glide.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
Piper 101
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119245
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus S w/ manual tranny

FF Reputation: 1 Piper 101 Good Standing Member
Encs

I just returned from a deployment to Kuwait in FEB. If you wait, Exchange New Car Sales (ENCS) which is located on most military bases in Kuwait and Afghanistan, has specials throughout the year. It just so happened that OCT 2012 they had a special where they would quadruple the $500 down payment ($2000 total plus and extra $1200 rebate). I signed the contract and paid my $300 refundable deposit.

I ended up paying $13400 for my 2013 Ford Focus S (no extra options and a manual tranny) which I picked up in May 2013. I did alot of research on truecar.com and cars direct.com etc and I saved about $1000 - $1500 from the best price I could get a car from these sites. I felt like I got a great deal. One note: DO NOT BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM ENCS. They will try over and over to get you to buy the third party extended warranty but I refused all the way.....If I were to get an extended warranty I would get it direct from Ford.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #6
VenomRogue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 24506
What I Drive: a Volvo??!?

FF Reputation: 11 VenomRogue Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper 101 View Post
I just returned from a deployment to Kuwait in FEB. If you wait, Exchange New Car Sales (ENCS) which is located on most military bases in Kuwait and Afghanistan, has specials throughout the year. It just so happened that OCT 2012 they had a special where they would quadruple the $500 down payment ($2000 total plus and extra $1200 rebate). I signed the contract and paid my $300 refundable deposit.

I ended up paying $13400 for my 2013 Ford Focus S (no extra options and a manual tranny) which I picked up in May 2013. I did alot of research on truecar.com and cars direct.com etc and I saved about $1000 - $1500 from the best price I could get a car from these sites. I felt like I got a great deal. One note: DO NOT BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM ENCS. They will try over and over to get you to buy the third party extended warranty but I refused all the way.....If I were to get an extended warranty I would get it direct from Ford.
actually the extended warranty from them is very good....I had it on one of my Foci, and I never had an issue with them, they always worked with me, even with mods.

Yes, I have issues.

Next question.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
jinstall
Deutsche Arsche

Fan#: 9730
What I Drive: 01 ZX3RACECAR/04 ST170/13 FST2

FF Reputation: 4 jinstall Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
ENCS has been great to me, I have bought 3 cars from them and always a great time.
2013 Focus ST2 TS NAV SUNROOF-Hers
Old 04-30-2014, 04:27 PM   #8
WaterRooster
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98157
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 WaterRooster Good Standing Member
ENCS is by far the best!

Bookmarks & Social Networks