A lot of hot air - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #11
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My vehicle is at the dealer right now and asked them to check into this issue as well. I suggested to them that they drive the car with A/C off but temp selector as cold as possible without turning the A/C on and take it down the freeway and stick a temp probe in the vent duct and take the OAT at the same time and see what the temp difference is. They said there will be a minor variation and I understand that but on my car it is a very obvious difference that I have never felt in any other vehicle.

Montana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #12
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Just a update, I got a call back from the dealer and they verfied the temp difference by using temp probes in the duct and OAT, It was 70 deg OAT and the air temp from the ducts in full cold temp position was 100 deg. They tested 2 other brand new focus on the lot and they have the same issue, Thet said they are going to report this to engineering and look for a recall or TSB in the future to address this issue. At least this is some progress. Now I expect Ford to say that is normal and we designed it that way.

Montana
Old 10-31-2011, 11:36 AM   #13
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
Just a update, I got a call back from the dealer and they verfied the temp difference by using temp probes in the duct and OAT, It was 70 deg OAT and the air temp from the ducts in full cold temp position was 100 deg.
I'm glad they were able to duplicate your concern. Let me know what they say so I can escalate again if needed. Talk to you soon!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #14
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
I'm glad they were able to duplicate your concern. Let me know what they say so I can escalate again if needed. Talk to you soon!

~Natasha
Hi Natasha,

They wrote down that they verified the difference between OAT and the duct temp and they contacted the hotline. Not sure what contacting the hotline does or how fast a reply is given but I guess I wait and see.

Montana
Old 11-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #15
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
They wrote down that they verified the difference between OAT and the duct temp and they contacted the hotline. Not sure what contacting the hotline does or how fast a reply is given but I guess I wait and see.
Thanks for the follow-up. I'm here if you need me.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #16
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Bump back to the top in case someone else may have this issue?

Montana
Old 05-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #17
mabrent
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99114
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Focus

FF Reputation: 1 mabrent Good Standing Member
Hot Hot Hot

Quote:
Just a update, I got a call back from the dealer and they verfied the temp difference by using temp probes in the duct and OAT, It was 70 deg OAT and the air temp from the ducts in full cold temp position was 100 deg. They tested 2 other brand new focus on the lot and they have the same issue, Thet said they are going to report this to engineering and look for a recall or TSB in the future to address this issue. At least this is some progress. Now I expect Ford to say that is normal and we designed it that way.

Montana
I'm having this problem. I can't believe this is "as designed" which is what my service dealer initially was telling me. I could understand a small difference but this is blowing out pure hot air. The other reason I don't think this is as designed is that it didn't do this when I bought the car (now 11 months old).
Old 05-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #18
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Mine is still in the A/C shop getting diagnosed again. I just took it back in yesterday for 3 different items so hopefully I will have some better news for you tomorrow.

Montana
Old 05-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #19
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Ok got a call from the service guy today and they said Ford stated the ventilation system was designed that way (I am not surprised). Seems according to Ford anyway that there was never a valve installed to shut the coolant off from going through the heater core so you will get a higher duct temp then outside air temp.

Who designs this stuff anyway?

Montana
Old 05-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #20
mabrent
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99114
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Focus

FF Reputation: 1 mabrent Good Standing Member
Interesting. My guy yesterday said that the computer said there was no fault in the blender door. I convinced him to join me in the car with some temperature probes. Outside temp 66 degrees. Vent with dial turned all the way cold 88 degrees. Vent with dial turned all the way hot 140 degrees. His comment - Honey I'll be home with dinner. I'm cooking the steaks in the car.

He now agrees this is not right. He's bumped it up to his top guy in service and said they will call in an engineer if they can't figure it out. At least he believes me now.

Good luck Montana.

Mike

Bookmarks & Social Networks