Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 99 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #981
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

Points 1,517, Level 22
Points: 1,517, Level: 22 Points: 1,517, Level: 22 Points: 1,517, Level: 22
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I bought the fully loaded auto for a couple of reasons. I drive 33,000 miles a year, I love all the tecky stuff and I have a 400+HP Roush Mustang Vert for fun stuff. ... and my wife can drive my Focus
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #982
sjames0159
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99453
What I Drive: 2012 Red Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 sjames0159 Good Standing Member
Smile Focus issues

Thanks R1debike for info & encouragement. I am a diehard ford fanatic currently having 4 in my family. 12 Focus, 09 Flex, 07 F150 FX4 & 04 Mustang GT conv. I just got Focus back & will keep the forum updated. One thing more I've been a life long Ford owner probably having owner 60-70 I also used to drag race Fords & am not used to having any problems with them.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #983
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
I drive a DCT SE Sport because physical limitations make an MT impossible.

I've driven manuals in autos and motorcycles for over 42 years, and I'm done with manuals.

Just because I can't row a box with an extra pedal anymore, because of the pain, doesn't mean that I have to give-up on the fun.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:38 AM   #984
jonesy2.0
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99601
What I Drive: 2012 focus s sonic blue

FF Reputation: 1 jonesy2.0 Good Standing Member
well i reckon that makes sense but why not teach the wife to drive a manual? you obviously know the benefits of driving a manual and can you not get the tech stuff in the upper models with a manual? just wondering sorry im just a firm believer in saving the manuals and in a gutless wonder such as a focus i would think youd want as much power to the ground as you could and my s has recorded 40.2 miles to the gallon with the a/c on at 80+ mph didnt mean to sound like an ass hat just curious is all
Old 05-31-2012, 08:57 AM   #985
CoasterDan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86083
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Hatch Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 CoasterDan Good Standing Member
Some months back, I took my car to the dealer to have the DCT reprogrammed (Ken Grody in Carlsbad, CA). The dealer told me it had been reprogrammed, but the paperwork didn't confirm that. It said something about "relearning." The car didn't act any differently than before I took it to the dealer.

Last week, I got the recall notice for the DCT, ABS and windshield wiper grommet and yesterday, I took the car to a different dealer, North County Ford in Vista. They told me that the DCT had not been reprogrammed previously, and they reprogrammed it yesterday. Now, it holds the lower gears much longer, which is great.

I don't know about rollback or anything else yet, but I'm happy with how the transmission behaves now.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:27 AM   #986
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

Points 1,517, Level 22
Points: 1,517, Level: 22 Points: 1,517, Level: 22 Points: 1,517, Level: 22
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Ha ha! I tried to teach her 20 years ago before we were married. it did not go well.

Unfortunately you can not get all the bells and whistles with a stick. Crazy marketing I guess. The DCT is rated as better gas mileage then the stick ... but I do miss the Man Pedal sometimes

Old 05-31-2012, 09:51 AM   #987
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
Yeah, after I got my Focus without the man pedal, I felt my twig-n-berries shrivel a bit more, and they didn't have much more shriveling left in them.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:32 AM   #988
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy2.0 View Post
here is my question why would you buy a small fun to drive car with an automatic in the first place? my base model s has the manual that was a major selling point for me sure id like to have the sync and my ford touch and be able to control the iPod on my iPhone with the sound of my voice but personally its all about the driving experience and i think alot of hat you are experiencing with your car has to do with the government mandated "traction control" even with a manual transmission my car shudders and bucks if i try to take off spiritedly it drives me nuts personally but at least i can control the clutch and ask the ecm for permissible throttle response im currently seeking ways to by pass this nuisance as my car has no way to turn off the traction control idk if yours does but i would have tried that before complaining about how the car was acting my car currently has 2239 miles on it and i blame the traction control having had several vehicals with manual transmissions in them and driving more than ill ever own in a life time something to ponder i suppose
I didn't buy my Focus because it was fun to drive. I bought for the MPG which the DCT had a higher rating. I hate manual trans. I don't consider a stick fun.
Anyway, since the latest update all is well.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #989
LincMarkD
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99500
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SEL

FF Reputation: 1 LincMarkD Good Standing Member
Question Different Issue.

I bought my SEL in March of this year. I got the Driver Connect Package with the MyFord Touch Screen. I have had some interesting issues with the screen and system as a whole. On many occasions the screen itself has simply reset. Flashing the Microsoft Logo and a load bar. The symptoms range from lack of an ability to connect with my phone to stream audio, to not accepting tactile input. I have asked the service Manager at my dealership what he thinks and he suggested resetting the whole system by power drainage after doing a master reset with in the system it's self.

After doing this twice it still has the same issues. Is anyone else having the same problems with similarly equipped cars? I really love the system when it works properly.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #990
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by LincMarkD View Post
I bought my SEL in March of this year. I got the Driver Connect Package with the MyFord Touch Screen. I have had some interesting issues with the screen and system as a whole. On many occasions the screen itself has simply reset. Flashing the Microsoft Logo and a load bar. The symptoms range from lack of an ability to connect with my phone to stream audio, to not accepting tactile input. I have asked the service Manager at my dealership what he thinks and he suggested resetting the whole system by power drainage after doing a master reset with in the system it's self.

After doing this twice it still has the same issues. Is anyone else having the same problems with similarly equipped cars? I really love the system when it works properly.
You've gottwn all the MFT updates they've put out?

Also not being able to get a stick with all the bells and whisltes is false. As of this spring you were able to get the Titanium with a stick.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.