Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 98 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #971
trodriguez56
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99525
What I Drive: 2012 red candy metallic se hatch

FF Reputation: 1 trodriguez56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Mine does the same, but it does remind me of driving a hybrid honda once, and the shudder was simular. I am willing to tough it out due to the MPG and handling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #972
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
One thing I noticed last night (have all latest upgrades) that backing up a very steep driveway, it acted like the hill assist feature was active (I don't know if it was, it just acted like it). It took quite a bit of throttle to get the car started backward from stop. I stopped once or twice, and don't remember it rolling forward when I released the brake each time. Before, it was a chore to reverse a steep driveway, with the tranny protesting and lurching all the way. Whatever they did for reverse hill op., I like it.

Perhaps the most surprising effects were the seamless 1-2 shifts, also 3-6. The shifting was absolutely seamless. I had a clutch replaced some time ago, and since then and this latest update, the tranny is butter smooth. Eerily so, from when it was new.

I don't know the details of the latest update(s), but it worked wonders for my car.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #973
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
One thing I noticed last night (have all latest upgrades) that backing up a very steep driveway, it acted like the hill assist feature was active (I don't know if it was, it just acted like it). It took quite a bit of throttle to get the car started backward from stop. I stopped once or twice, and don't remember it rolling forward when I released the brake each time. Before, it was a chore to reverse a steep driveway, with the tranny protesting and lurching all the way. Whatever they did for reverse hill op., I like it.

[sic]

I don't know the details of the latest update(s), but it worked wonders for my car.
Thank god if that's true... our driveway isn't steep per se, but it's definitely enough of an incline that backing up is currently a less-than-fun experience in my Focus.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 05-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #974
JimsterG
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95184
What I Drive: 2012 5 dr SEL in Race Red

FF Reputation: 1 JimsterG Good Standing Member
I did the software upgrade this last Saturday. I did not have any troubles with the car, but the letter from Ford made it sound important. I can't notice any difference. The shifts are still smooth and it drives like it always drove. The update from Saturday was for the transmission, PCM and anti-lock brakes. One thing I did notice is that when I switched to a full synthetic oil the MPG has increased slightly to 37.9 up from 37.6. I used Mobil 1. Car now has almost 30,000 miles now.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #975
kjl2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97883
What I Drive: 2012 se black

FF Reputation: 1 kjl2012 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post

Perhaps the most surprising effects were the seamless 1-2 shifts, also 3-6. The shifting was absolutely seamless. I had a clutch replaced some time ago, and since then and this latest update, the tranny is butter smooth. Eerily so, from when it was new.

you get a clutch replaced and now it runs and your happy dude that dealer is not putting that trans back like the factory would of sealed new one now try to get 100000 on that car. good luck
Old 05-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #976
Spliner
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98714
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Spliner Good Standing Member
I had the 12B37 update done this last Friday (got the letter in the mail). Really glad I did it as this last weekend I spent on vacation in a lot of hills and a lot of traffic. No rollbacks at all. Seemed to do much better with stop and go congested traffic.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #977
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfmoble View Post
did anyone take there 2012 focus in for the new upgrade on the tranny? please let me know what you think.
I had the update done beginning of May and all issues with the trans have disappeared.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #978
kjl2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97883
What I Drive: 2012 se black

FF Reputation: 1 kjl2012 Good Standing Member
for now
Old 05-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #979
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
kjl2012, what issues do you have with your se?
Old 05-30-2012, 02:59 AM   #980
jonesy2.0
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99601
What I Drive: 2012 focus s sonic blue

FF Reputation: 1 jonesy2.0 Good Standing Member
here is my question why would you buy a small fun to drive car with an automatic in the first place? my base model s has the manual that was a major selling point for me sure id like to have the sync and my ford touch and be able to control the iPod on my iPhone with the sound of my voice but personally its all about the driving experience and i think alot of hat you are experiencing with your car has to do with the government mandated "traction control" even with a manual transmission my car shudders and bucks if i try to take off spiritedly it drives me nuts personally but at least i can control the clutch and ask the ecm for permissible throttle response im currently seeking ways to by pass this nuisance as my car has no way to turn off the traction control idk if yours does but i would have tried that before complaining about how the car was acting my car currently has 2239 miles on it and i blame the traction control having had several vehicals with manual transmissions in them and driving more than ill ever own in a life time something to ponder i suppose

Bookmarks & Social Networks