Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 97 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-26-2012, 06:55 AM   #961
murfmoble
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90355
What I Drive: 2012 silver focus titianum

FF Reputation: 1 murfmoble Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
did anyone take there 2012 focus in for the new upgrade on the tranny? please let me know what you think.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #962
xpoorman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99193
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 xpoorman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfmoble View Post
did anyone take there 2012 focus in for the new upgrade on the tranny? please let me know what you think.
2012 FF SEL
I did and a funny thing happened...almost immediately afterwards I have a roaring noice at 45 mph that the first diagnosed as bad wheel bearings, yes both sides, yes at 14k. I took it in last week and they kept it all week. They said it was ready to be picked up and on the drive home I still have the noice. I know it's this new DCT and which ever gear it's in at 45 mph is obviously bad!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #963
xpoorman
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjames0159 View Post
I have 9K miles on vehicle. I am experiencing two glaring problems. 1) Trans. erratic shifting, engine revving up as if the trans. was put in neutral, rolling backwards when in drive 2) Brake failure with pedal going to the floor & when engine is turned off brakes function again for a little while & then it happens again. Good thing vehicles have hand operated parking brake. Dealer is on the way to pickup vehicle.
I think everyone with the new FF has experienced #1 but thank God I haven't had #2!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #964
xpoorman
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
Just a positive note here, if allowed; after a dct clutch replacement, very latest updates for tranny/pcm/tcm/anti-lock brakes, and tightening suspension components, my over 7K mileage SE Sport is now the car I envisioned driving off the lot. I'll give the Sirius 6-speaker radio a pass, however.

I absolutely love this car. It took a long trip the last few weeks with zero issues, and was so quiet and comfortable, even my wife (who has a new Cruze...yeah, I know), commented what an utterly balanced road/semi-sport car it was.

I may sympathize with those with issues here. I had my own. Ford fixed them as they arose, and now I'm so glad I didn't pick any of the other contenders for my 2012 dollars.

I know owners must do what they must do with their own set of circumstances, but the way my car is performing now, I'd buy another, if only I could convince my wife to get rid of her Cruze.

Good luck sjames, don't lose faith. When these cars are right, they are right.
Having had experience with new "features" on cars. My greatest fear is how long will these fixes last beyond the warranty period!? I love the car too! I just want it to be reliable for a LONG time so I can get my monies worth.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #965
dooor
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 51395
What I Drive: 2007 se stick

Points 908, Level 16
Points: 908, Level: 16 Points: 908, Level: 16 Points: 908, Level: 16
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 dooor Good Standing Member
2012 pieces of junk. fyi my 2007 started falling apart at 60,001 miles-end of factory warranty. no more Fords for me
Old 05-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #966
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooor View Post
2012 pieces of junk.
This from a non-owner?
Old 05-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #967
Teep_P12
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99482
What I Drive: 2012 Iced Glass Ford Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Teep_P12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfmoble View Post
Yep. Just got back from the dealership after having them do the update from the recall notice. If anything, it seems worse. The car still goes backwards when taking my foot off the gas and I still get skipping that makes it seem like the car is going to stall. I've had the car since March and I'm over 1,000 miles. I really don't feel safe. (I've also had some close call experiences that others have mentioned with trying to get into traffic and almost stalling out. Or trying to start from a red light and almost having another car hit me because they have forward momentum while my car is going backwards.) It's really scary to me. I chose to drive automatics because manuals get me car sick and because I don't like jerky motions. I'm a careful driver and have never had so many close calls. All of my cars in my life have been Fords and this is making me really sad because I've loved every other one I've had. :(
Old 05-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #968
dtrned
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99025
What I Drive: 2012 Gray Ford Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 dtrned Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teep_P12 View Post
Yep. Just got back from the dealership after having them do the update from the recall notice. If anything, it seems worse. The car still goes backwards when taking my foot off the gas and I still get skipping that makes it seem like the car is going to stall. I've had the car since March and I'm over 1,000 miles. I really don't feel safe. (I've also had some close call experiences that others have mentioned with trying to get into traffic and almost stalling out. Or trying to start from a red light and almost having another car hit me because they have forward momentum while my car is going backwards.) It's really scary to me. I chose to drive automatics because manuals get me car sick and because I don't like jerky motions. I'm a careful driver and have never had so many close calls. All of my cars in my life have been Fords and this is making me really sad because I've loved every other one I've had. :(
I got the update as well and brought it back in for the reprogramming. I agree that it sounds worse and it still rolls back on a slight incline. Doesn't seem like it did anything at all.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #969
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82958
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
If it still rolls back, then they did not do the 12B37 FSA update. They may however have done the DCT TSA update. Go back and make sure that they do the FSA update. It only take an hour. Go to a different dealer if required.

I would say mine is perfect now. I don't even hear the shifts.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #970
dvandy4898
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86615
What I Drive: 2012, blue, Ford Focus hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 dvandy4898 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvandy4898 View Post
Well purchased my brand new 2012 Ford Focus on May 21, 2011. My vehicle had to be ordered and was delivered to me on May 24th. Upon driving it, I found that when I would come to a stop and push the gas to go, it would sputter and hesitate. I have been dealing with it for over 2 weeks and decided to contact my dealership.

I took the vehicle to the shop on June 3rd. The tech drove with me and felt exactly what I was talking about. He stated that he had to put it on the computer. Within 30 minutes, he came out with a piece of paper stating 2012 Focus automatic transmission shudder. Some 2012 focus vehicles equipped with the powershift/DPS6 transmission may experience a shudder/shake on start up or when slowing to a stop. This condition does not cause durability or reliably concerns and will deminish as the clutch breaks in. "IF CUSTOMERS COMPLAIN OF THIS ISSUE, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR THE VEHICLE AND SHARE THIS SERVICE MESSAGE WITH THE CUSTOMER.

My question was, how long does this go on and when will it stop? No on could answer. Has anyone else felt this issue? I could not find any post on this prior to me putting this up. I stated I do not feel safe in the vehicle. The car at times when I pull out on the road feels just like it will stall out. After sending an email to the VP of the dealership, I was contacted by the service manager. He stated that he is working on getting an answer from Ford.. At the time of service there were 781 miles on my car. Today there are 1291 and still nothing has changed. I am awaiting a reply and will move forward if I don't like the answer.

Also, yesterday while driving, my shoe lace got caught on brake peddle. Has anyone else ever gotten stuck on the brake peddle? Just curious. It freaked me out.
So went and had a recall on the transmission done Friday at my Ford Dealer. Go figure, something I complained about the week I purchased the car, and now they determined it is a problem. Still letting it figure out my driving, so the service manager states. Will determine this week if it worked. Seems, always something with this car. Has been in the shop 7 times since I purchased it a year ago this week. When I purchased this car I fell in love with it, now just a piece of crap I am already tired of dealing with.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.