Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 96 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #951
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougC View Post
A warranty is fine and dandy but my particular Focus has been in the shop for a total of SIX WEEKS since I took delivery 9 MONTHS ago.

In 13 YEARS my '99 Accord spent ONE DAY in the shop for something other than regular service items.
Well obviously that's not cool. I was just replying about the bad bearing - that in and of itself isn't an indication of a huge problem for Ford.

My Focus has been in about 10 days so far and I've only had it for about 4 months so trust me, I'm not saying these things are perfect.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #952
DougC
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86547
What I Drive: The biggest mistake I've ever made.

FF Reputation: 1 DougC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpoorman View Post
Surely you're not serious!? How are going to visually inspect the barrings before taking delivery? Do you break down the whole car and put it back together before you buy a car? I'm beginning to see who knows what they're talking about on this forum and who's blowing smoke...lol
I was being VERY sarcastic with that comment. I was taking a shot at "JimsterG" and his "I'm a tough customer and I spent well over an hour doing a visual inspection" comment in post #937 of this thread.

I know very well that no "visual inspection", no matter how "tough of a customer you are" is going to reveal the types of issues that you, I and many others are having.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #953
JimsterG
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95184
What I Drive: 2012 5 dr SEL in Race Red

FF Reputation: 1 JimsterG Good Standing Member
Doug C- Why would you take a shot at me for being an informed consumer? Cars are not cheap in my book and I would never just blindly pick up something that costs that much without checking it out. Did you?

Last edited by JimsterG; 05-23-2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #954
DougC
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsterG View Post
Doug C- Why would you take a shot at me for being an informed consumer? Cars are not cheap in my book and I would never just blindly pick up something that costs that much without checking it out. Did you?
Of course I did! The kinds of issues that myself and NUMEROUS others are suffering from cannot be discovered by a "visual inspection". No matter how "tough of a customer" you are.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #955
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
DougC is correct. I doubt the dealership would allow me to drive the Focus several 1000 miles so I could determine that the trans functioned normally.
I'm pretty sure no one buys a new car sight unseen. And visual defects are usually easily taken care of.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #956
JimsterG
Focus Enthusiast

Taking a car for a test drive with the sales rep is more than a 'visual inspection' When I worked at a Honda dealer a few years ago, people would do the paperwork, get the keys and drive off in a new car without even taking a walk around it. They were the ones who usually were back within a week for some sort of warranty issue. Doug you are every salesman's dream. Wanna buy an old Honda?
Old 05-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #957
DougC
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsterG View Post
Taking a car for a test drive with the sales rep is more than a 'visual inspection' When I worked at a Honda dealer a few years ago, people would do the paperwork, get the keys and drive off in a new car without even taking a walk around it. They were the ones who usually were back within a week for some sort of warranty issue. Doug you are every salesman's dream. Wanna buy an old Honda?
What a jackwagon. You aren't even worth the time....
Old 05-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #958
JimsterG
Focus Enthusiast

Get off the computer and do something you are good at. Go color Mommy a pretty picture.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #959
sjames0159
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99453
What I Drive: 2012 Red Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 sjames0159 Good Standing Member
Angry Trans.problems & brake failure

I have 9K miles on vehicle. I am experiencing two glaring problems. 1) Trans. erratic shifting, engine revving up as if the trans. was put in neutral, rolling backwards when in drive 2) Brake failure with pedal going to the floor & when engine is turned off brakes function again for a little while & then it happens again. Good thing vehicles have hand operated parking brake. Dealer is on the way to pickup vehicle.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #960
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
Just a positive note here, if allowed; after a dct clutch replacement, very latest updates for tranny/pcm/tcm/anti-lock brakes, and tightening suspension components, my over 7K mileage SE Sport is now the car I envisioned driving off the lot. I'll give the Sirius 6-speaker radio a pass, however.

I absolutely love this car. It took a long trip the last few weeks with zero issues, and was so quiet and comfortable, even my wife (who has a new Cruze...yeah, I know), commented what an utterly balanced road/semi-sport car it was.

I may sympathize with those with issues here. I had my own. Ford fixed them as they arose, and now I'm so glad I didn't pick any of the other contenders for my 2012 dollars.

I know owners must do what they must do with their own set of circumstances, but the way my car is performing now, I'd buy another, if only I could convince my wife to get rid of her Cruze.

Good luck sjames, don't lose faith. When these cars are right, they are right.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->