Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 94 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #931
DougC
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86547
What I Drive: The biggest mistake I've ever made.

FF Reputation: 1 DougC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsterG View Post
It's not luck. I call it thoroughly checking out a vehicle before accepting delivery and before agreeing to pay for it!
You're funny!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #932
JimsterG
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95184
What I Drive: 2012 5 dr SEL in Race Red

FF Reputation: 1 JimsterG Good Standing Member
You have the right to refuse, even a special order vehicle, if it does not operate as advertised. I'm a tough customer and I spent well over an hour doing a visual inspection checking the paint job, the AC, heater, lights, seat adjustment on the 2 front seats, 4 way flashers, ambient lighting, opening and closing all doors several times including the hatch, wiper and washers both front and back, and the operation of all the windows and the moonroof. Pretty much everything you can check with the car not moving.. Then the salesman rode along with me as I did a driving test. I checked the transmission in S and D modes and used the manual shifter also. During the road test I listened for strange sounds that should not be there. After that I checked the sound system. I even brought along a flash drive filled with music to make sure the USB port worked. I had to admit that I could find nothing wrong. The quality was easily as good as the last new car I bought, a 1994 Saturn SW2. Now with a little over 22,000 miles, I still can't find anything wrong!
Old 05-22-2012, 02:32 AM   #933
xpoorman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99193
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 xpoorman Good Standing Member
UPDATE: Got back from our 1000 mile trip and took the car straight my Ford service. They called me back and said the noice we had almost the whole trip was the right front barring going out! Current mileage is 14,136...*shaking head*
Old 05-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #934
DougC
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpoorman View Post
UPDATE: Got back from our 1000 mile trip and took the car straight my Ford service. They called me back and said the noice we had almost the whole trip was the right front barring going out! Current mileage is 14,136...*shaking head*
Guess you should have done a better "visual inspection" prior to taking delivery.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:40 AM   #935
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpoorman View Post
A wheel bearing is pretty minor. I'm glad they found it.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #936
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
A wheel bearing is pretty minor. I'm glad they found it.
Maybe minor, but don't minimize the fact that most of these problems shouldn't happen on a car with low mileage. Ford's initial quality stats have circled down the drain with the 2012 Focus. Shame.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #937
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
Maybe minor, but don't minimize the fact that most of these problems shouldn't happen on a car with low mileage. Ford's initial quality stats have circled down the drain with the 2012 Focus. Shame.
Our Focus (and my 11 Fiesta) have been fantastic. I sympathize with those having problems. A wheel bearing that goes bad is still minor. I can forgive a bad bearing.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:54 AM   #938
DougC
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
BINGO! The '99 Accord that I replaced with my Focus had 167,000 miles on it and still had the original wheel bearings in it. My fathers 310,000 mile old '96 Civic Si still has its original wheel bearings as well.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #939
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
We just sold our '09 sedan SE with only 32k on it and while I thought it wa s abit mundane to drive but totally practical,great mpgs for a useful sized car and surprisingly decent in snow and never had even a small glitch and then we buy a 2012 and less than a 100 miles the AC compressor goes bad;I hope this isn't a bad omen.

Luckily it should only see 4-5000 miles a year and very little to zero snow so I'm not overly concerned and it's warrantied.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #940
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Oh,I am a bit spoiled with reliability with my 4Runner;outside of normal maintenance I've only had to replace the rear axle seals (100k),a coil pack and starter (150k) but otherwise this truck has cost me little to maintain and doesn't leak a drop of anything. It's also taken off road about 10-15 times a summer and is daily driver and paid off so it's hard making a car payment on something that's brand new and sketchy.

I'll be happy if I can get 10 years reliably out of our Focus which would put it at about 50,000 miles I'll be happy.

Bookmarks & Social Networks