Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 92 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #911
Titanium_Princess
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97678
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Titanium_Princess Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Angry Very concerned..

Wow! Read this post and couldn't believe the amount of people that apparently are having the same concerns that I am about my 2012 Titanium hesitating and shuttering..

I just recently purchased my FF and am having the exact same issues.. Have your issues been resolved? I too have felt unsafe at times due to the hesitation when coming around a corner or even pulling out in traffic. The dealer told me it was due to "the double clutch system".. I'm tired of hearing this excuse.. Has there been any resolution?

Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #912
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82958
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
Their is nothing to worry about! Go and have the TSB and recalls performed, and the car will drive smoothly. I was one of the first people to have the car and never had any problems, but after I had the steering TSB performed the car drives and shifts even smoother than before!!! The Ford Focus was the 2nd best selling car in the world last year with almost 900,000. I am certain that only a small fraction of those cars have any problems.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:38 AM   #913
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium_Princess View Post
Wow! Read this post and couldn't believe the amount of people that apparently are having the same concerns that I am about my 2012 Titanium hesitating and shuttering..

I just recently purchased my FF and am having the exact same issues.. Have your issues been resolved? I too have felt unsafe at times due to the hesitation when coming around a corner or even pulling out in traffic. The dealer told me it was due to "the double clutch system".. I'm tired of hearing this excuse.. Has there been any resolution?

Thanks!
We've had no problems with our Ti. We had the TSB applied in January and it changed the shift pattern a little and smoothed it out a little. It was quite ok to begin with. I have experienced occasional shudder when applying too light a throttle after a stop. It is no concern to me at all since I understand that we are dealing with a computer controlled manual transmission.

The Ti is my wife's car. She has no complaints about it. Mine is an 11 Fiesta 5 speed manual.

There is a TSB that reprograms the DCT on both the Fiesta and Focus. Our Focus has the 12-1-4 (I think that is the number) TSB reprogramming applied (it took 1/2 hour to apply it). There may be a more recent one. I would discuss checking whether the TSB applies to your car with the service manager.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #914
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
12B37

it was just released like his month I believe....works wonders....you should be getting a letter about it actually
Old 05-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #915
taman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98972
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 taman Good Standing Member
Still Shuddering

my 2012 Focus is still shuddering at nearly 5000 miles . My dealer was very nice on the phone and said if it wasnt giving a service trans or engine code that it was probobly ok. Im just not wanting to tear up my first new cars trans! Also mine never does it when its cold . It starts the shudder on a take off after 30 miles or so thats what makes me think that there is really a problem . If it did it all the time it would make sense that it was breaking in or just how a dc trans works. i think ill try to take it in one day after its warmed up and let the service dept drive it and see what they think . I was wondering if changing the fluid in the trans and maybe putting synthetic fluid in it and see if that would help.. Has anyone tried that???
Old 05-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #916
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
The trans is a sealed transmission (From what I know of). The dealer will have to change it.

I did find out, though, through reading that some of them were manufactured with the wrong spec trans fluid (as in, it was too slippery and thus the clutches wouldn't break in properly).

I would also venture to guess that you need the trans update too, where they re-program the ECM and PCM. I would maybe take it to another dealer for a second opinion as well.

Difference with mine is that it did it no matter what--if it was cold or not. If the engine was cold or not, or if it was warm or cold outside. Either way, mine would do what you're describing. But it appears that the trans update helped me.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #917
xpoorman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99193
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 xpoorman Good Standing Member
I took my Focus SEL in today for a scheduled oil change and the service writer said "oh by the way, there was another recall to reprogram the ECM and PCM on your Focus since the last time you came in". He's able to say this because I've be in with this car 3 other times and have gotten to know my service writer by his first name! So I leave with the car to take a 500 mile trip to see my grandma and the car is making a horrible humming between 50-65 mph now. It started just a little bit after I left the dealer and a noice occurred right after a shutter when I took off quicker than normal. Now since today is Friday and I'm out of town for Saturday I have to take off work Monday again to attend to this freaking car!! Thank God it's holding up to drive and I just have to put up with the noice. This whole tranny issue is a bunch of junk and I'm tired of it!! @FORD - you better be planning to warranty this tranny for the life of the car or you're fixing to have a bunch of lemon law returns!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2012, 04:07 AM   #918
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Contrary to the above post, our DCT is perfect. Not junk at all. And, I suspect the vast majority of DCTs are like ours - perfect.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #919
xpoorman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99193
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 xpoorman Good Standing Member
@6769MOPARS, Please don't discount my experience! I'm glad yours is "perfect" for you. But if you haven't been following this thread there are multiple FF owners having serious issues with this tranny. I may be one of the first to report a problem after having the new TSB update done. Not sure how much $$$ you paid for you FF but I didn't pay that grand amount for the SEL to have to keep taking the car back to the shop every time I turn around! I'm not buying Ford's claim that the shuttering just needs time to work out and won't hurt the tranny over time. You can't tell me the something in there isn't getting messed up. Or at the very least will affect the motor mounts over time which won't be covered by the warranty. My FF has 14k miles on it now. So tell me, when will it be "broke in"...!?
Old 05-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #920
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Focus Transmission problems

I purchased my 2012 Focus SE hatchback in February of this year. From the start I was suspicious of the way the transmission was shifting.
The beginning of may with 1700 mile logged the transmission without warning started to shift erratically. It winded in low until the tach indicated over 4000 RPM before shifting. Then the "Check Engine" light came on.
I took back to the dealer and the service tech told me there was a program glitch and he reprogrammed the entire system.
He also told me there was a recall notice not yet issued for an updated program which he did.
The transmission now seems to shift normally, but, I'll withhold judgement until I log another 1000 miles or so.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.