Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 91 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #901
liljr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97287
What I Drive: 2012,white, focus hatch

FF Reputation: 1 liljr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi jaclyn, Yes I have done a master reset of sync system. I have reset and reloaded my ipod. I have run the sync my tunes program on my itunes collection....nothing has helped. I also received the new update for sync on flash drive from ford and sucessfully installed. Still shows unknown file unknown folder on screen when using ipod connected with usb cable. I connected my ipad 2 via bluetooth and it seems to work ok.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #902
WhoVille
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97983
What I Drive: Focus

FF Reputation: 1 WhoVille Good Standing Member
Problems I had with the 2012 Ford Focus

Picked up the Car June 2011.

Here are my problems I had with the 2012 Ford Focus:

-Navigation died - 5 times. - Took it to the dealer.
-Brake failure (Tow).
-Car wouldn't start - waited 5 mins then it would start again.
-Car wouldn't start(Boost)
-Grinding noise (Tow) - Sounds like the brakes are engaged??
-Windows wouldn't go up.- Took it to the dealer they did a complete system check. Battery, etc. was fine?
-Car wouldn't start (Tow) - Said that the naviagation was drawing power?

Wanted to get another Focus. Dealer said they couldn't do anything. Told me to call Head Office.

I called Head Office. They said they will look into it.

Customer Service Manager from Head Office said I'm stuck with the car.

All the problems are fixed(Fingers Crossed) but it's the fact that I had so many trips to the dealership plus all those tows!!! Very frustrating!!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #903
Reedleo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92260
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Apple Red SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Reedleo Good Standing Member
Noemi: Just sent you a PM. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #904
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,298, Level 35
Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by inxsary View Post
I too have noticed the dreaded "shudder" when accelerating from a stop....I am going to give my Focus some more miles before going to to the dealer about this, it's only got 500 miles on it.
Hey inxsary,

to the forum!

The vehicle is designed to smooth out as mileage increases. If after reaching the break-in period of 1000 miles the shuddering continues, please make an appointment with the local Ford dealer. Also, shoot me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN so I can get this escalated to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk022847 View Post
I have the shudder as well, except giving it more gas doesn't seem to help....
Hi jk022847,

Itís a pleasure to meet you!

If youíve not made an appointment with the local Ford dealer, please take that first step. Also, I can arrange a call from the Customer Service Manager in your area. For me to do so, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoVille View Post
...Here are my problems I had with the 2012 Ford Focus...I called Head Office. They said they will look into it.
Customer Service Manager from Head Office said I'm stuck with the car.
All the problems are fixed(Fingers Crossed) but it's the fact that I had so many trips to the dealership plus all those tows!!!...
Hello WhoVille,

Though it sounds as though the road has been frustrating, Iím glad the concerns have been repaired. If in the future you need further assistance, please visit your local Ford dealer and contact the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center at 1.800.565.3673.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedleo View Post
Noemi: Just sent you a PM. Thanks.
Afternoon Reedleo,

Thank you for the info. My goal is to reply to you by tomorrow.

Take care all!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 04-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #905
siufocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98417
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 siufocus Good Standing Member
My wife and I just purhcased a 2012 Ford Focus SE hatchback. (4/27/12) We did the research before hand and were ready for the manual transmission feel, however, the grinding that occurs about 20% of the time between first and second gear is something that has me a tad bit concerned. It is not as bad as the youtube video located here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54_3_qF2xhQ

but is identical in sound (lesser volume) and at the same shifting location.

We only have 112 miles on the car, so I'm hoping it is a "break-in" thing that will go away.

I've watched the youtube videos regarind the transmission noise and did note the engineer who designed the DCT said there was some sound.

Has anyone who had the grind like the youtube video noted that it diminished or went away with use/time?

I'm not overly sensitive, I just don't want any damage to be occuring due to the grind.

Thank you very much for any information offered.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:21 AM   #906
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
The 2012 Focus has an adaptive transmission, and from what I've been told, it will take anywhere from 1500 to as many as 3000 miles for it to fully learn its shift strategy (which is what yours is probably doing right now--breaking in and adapting its shifting strategy to your driving style). The noise does go away (for the most part). My car used to make that noise A LOT for the first 2,000 miles or so, but slowly got better as time went on. Now, with the transmission update (mine was built on 7/1/11, which qualified it for a new trans programming update to improve shifting and drivability) the noise is virtually gone (ocassionally hear it when driving around town when its shifting at lower RPMs mainly because most of my driving is highway, so it's "used to" highway driving/shifting).

I would wait until about 1500 miles. if you continue to hear it then or even after 2000 miles, then take it in, but more than likely, your clutches are still just wearing in at only 112 miles. I've also been told by dealers that a little clutch noise between shifts is "normal." Do you even hear it doing a "fast" acceleration, or is mainly in "slower" accelerations (such as city driving where the trans is shifting up and down at lower RPMs and more frequently)?

Unfortunately, since the DCT used in the US focus is fairly new (at least around here) it will probably take a year or two to see the long term effects (if any) of whatever is causing the noises we all keep hearing about (which is the clutches more than likely).

Like I said, give it some time (and mileage, like 1000 miles) and then go see the dealer if it continues. The clutches need to wear in first before the dealer will do anything about it (and that can take up to 1000 miles of normal driving from what I know).

One thing to note (that I did originally when I got my car) was after 1000 miles, I drove it constantly (about 80% of the time) at a constant highway speed, which was OK for the engine since it was already "broken in" at that point, but I didn't realize the trans was still "learning" its strategy, and thus caused it to not learn "properly" with mixed in-town/highway combined driving (as some have suggested). With the re-programming in effect, I'm trying to vary my driving so that the trans can "adapt to/learn" a variety of driving habits.

(When I'm taking about the adaptive learning, it could be explained like this--in my view... If you drive fast, or tend to do fast accelerations the car will shift at higher RPMs. If you do slow and steady accelerations, the car will shift quicker, and at lower RPMs. I try to vary these during the learning process. The first few times my car shifted after I got it back after reprogramming, the car would wait until it hit about 3500 RPM, and then shift into 2nd gear, doing in-tow driving. It quickly adjusted itself to shift into 2nd at around 2000 RPM after a few days, and obviously shift into 2nd at around 3500 RPM when I'm accelerating quickly, like from a toll booth or something.)

Hope this helps .
Old 05-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #907
siufocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98417
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 siufocus Good Standing Member
Thank you very much for the reply and information.

We are now at about 150 miles. I will post an update at or near the 1000 mile mark. I hope I am breaking it in the correct way. So far we have not stayed at any one RPM level for more than 10 miles (that was highway back from the dealership). Otherwise it has been a nice mix of stop and go and 2 mile 55 mph stretches.

Other than the small noise, it has been great and I have no complaints and only accolades. The car is great and I look forward to a long friendship with it.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #908
shudder
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97667
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 shudder Good Standing Member
Hi Folks --

I've been dealing with Noemi and Jaclyn on several of the issues I brought about my Focus. I've been waiting patiently now for 10 days for a reply from Jaclyn, so decided to day to write a PM to her, to see if I might get an answer. However, the FordIVTeam PM inbox is apparently full right now, so I was unable to reach Jaclyn:

The following errors occurred with your submission:

1. FordIVTteam has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Jaclyn, please clear some messages from that inbox so that we can keep this communication going. Since I am having to write this here in this public forum, here is the note I was trying to PM to you today:

============

Hi Jaclyn --

I'm not exactly sure what is going on, but I am showing "(0)" Sent Messages in my PMs, and I know I responded to you 11 days ago. I've been waiting patiently for another reply from you as I posed a few more questions to you in that reply, but because of this system glitch you might not have received that reply from me? I am showing I have not sent any replies to anyone, but that is obviously wrong since you can see replies I have posted to the thread in our previous PM communications. I have been hoping for days to see a reply from you on those follow-on questions...

The fact that there are zero Sent Messages showing in my account -- and that's plainly incorrect -- means to me that you may have in fact received the reply I sent back to you on this note. Did you get that from me? If so, can I expect a reply soon, please?

Let me know. If I need to rewrite the PM, I will do that, but want to know first if you might have already received the note from me.

Thanks,

- shud

============
Old 05-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #909
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,177, Level 28
Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by shudder View Post
Hi Folks --

I've been dealing with Noemi and Jaclyn on several of the issues I brought about my Focus. I've been waiting patiently now for 10 days for a reply from Jaclyn, so decided to day to write a PM to her, to see if I might get an answer. However, the FordIVTeam PM inbox is apparently full right now, so I was unable to reach Jaclyn:

The following errors occurred with your submission:

1. FordIVTteam has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Jaclyn, please clear some messages from that inbox so that we can keep this communication going. Since I am having to write this here in this public forum, here is the note I was trying to PM to you today:

============

Hi Jaclyn --

I'm not exactly sure what is going on, but I am showing "(0)" Sent Messages in my PMs, and I know I responded to you 11 days ago. I've been waiting patiently for another reply from you as I posed a few more questions to you in that reply, but because of this system glitch you might not have received that reply from me? I am showing I have not sent any replies to anyone, but that is obviously wrong since you can see replies I have posted to the thread in our previous PM communications. I have been hoping for days to see a reply from you on those follow-on questions...

The fact that there are zero Sent Messages showing in my account -- and that's plainly incorrect -- means to me that you may have in fact received the reply I sent back to you on this note. Did you get that from me? If so, can I expect a reply soon, please?

Let me know. If I need to rewrite the PM, I will do that, but want to know first if you might have already received the note from me.

Thanks,

- shud

============
Sorry Shud, my PM volume has increased since the release of the upgrade. I'll clear it out now and check it out.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 05-07-2012, 08:45 AM   #910
SkipDaddy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 5700
What I Drive: 2012 Blaze Metallic SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 SkipDaddy Good Standing Member
I am at the 3000 mile mark, the transmission is still concerning me enough (and more than it did at 1000 and 2000) that I want it addressed when I take it for it's first oil change, a bulb replacement and other little things. What is the TSB I should be referencing and requesting they apply to my '12 SE Hatch?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.