Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-05-2011, 06:46 AM   #81
Armen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88098
What I Drive: 2012 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 Armen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
It's times like this I'm glad i orderd a manual, lol, i dont figure it would have these problems
This is the first time I've went with an automatic in a compact car. Although I haven't experience the feeling of stalling, it does have some quirks. But I still don't regret the decision. 6 speeds and peppy as hell. I was very surprised with the way it pulled when I put my foot into it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #82
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcadd1ct View Post
Anyone else have the nav audio system lock up while driving.
It was still playing music, but the screen was locked up.
When I stopped and turned the car off the screen did not blank for several minutes.
When I drove to lunch it was OK.
On the way home it locked up and then said it was doing a system update.
Normal, abi-normal?
It is a little over a week old.
Thanks,
RCA
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbombs View Post
Yep, I started mine one day and it didn't come on. Music played but I couldn't do anything. Natasha from Ford said that the engineers are aware and are working on an update, but I haven't seen anything since.
Hi everyone!

I'm Natasha's partner Jaclyn. I'm with the In-Vehicle Technology Team.

An update for the MyFord Touch system was released last week. Update 2.11 should help to improve the concerns quoted above.

I can help with SYNC, MyFord Touch, and Navigation related questions.
Let me know if you need anything.
~Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 08-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #83
cappa
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85229
What I Drive: 2000 VW Golf / 2012 Ford Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 cappa Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offrddrver View Post
cappa - Are you the kid that keeps poking at the chained up pitbull? Hopefully that pitbull doesn't break the chain and eat you for lunch. In this case I hope your transmission holds up and Ford doesn't take your $27k++ and laughs all the way to the bank as you sit on the side of the road after your warranty is up. Best of luck with your 2012 also. Just joking man!
cool.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #84
Monoblanco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 59784
What I Drive: 2002 bright yellow ZX5

FF Reputation: 3 Monoblanco Good Standing Member
I see two issues here:
1 - Ford has either a design problem or a quality control problem, possibly a combination of both - as in a design that requires a level of precision in manufacture that is not being consistently met, thus a significant number of poorly shifting vehicles out the door. In either case, this product was not really ready for release for sale and, Ford's response should be much more pro-active.
2 - Inadequate technical skills and poor customer relations on the part of dealers - they are, after all, individually owned and of varying degrees of competence and honesty, as are their individual employees.

I think we should all apreciate Natasha's and her coworkers efforts to aid us. I have no criticism to make of them, but let's realize that their jobs would not be needed if dealers were honest and competent and cared about their customers. It is very very irritating to be condecended to by a service manager (salesman) whose knowledge of automobile mechanics is clearly less than my own.

As an aside, it's interesting to see the number of people who are having a problem with "shuttering" (possibly with their power windows?), rather than "shuddering".
Good luck to all,
Monoblanco

Last edited by Monoblanco; 08-06-2011 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #85
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Offrddrver,

I know you are upset, and I am able to help. Visiting the dealer can be inconvenient, but they are best able to resolve your transmission issues. They may have a courtesy shuttle to take you somewhere more comfortable while they are diagnosing your Focus. I know you want to wait until your second visit, and the dealer may stop your shuddering right away, but I am here to assist when you choose.

Armen,

Glad you still love the way your Focus drives! The transmission does take some getting used to. If you develop concerns, please let me know.

sirhawkeye,

Thanks for your understanding. Please keep me updated on what your dealer says.

Monoblanco,

I'm sorry you have a negative opinion of your dealer's knowledge. We expect that all dealers would strive to provide a best-in-class automotive retail and service experience to our customers. If you have a poor experience, I encourage you to contact us, as that helps us identify areas of improvement.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Last edited by FordService; 08-05-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #86
BigJay
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88323
What I Drive: 2012 Focus hatch SEL, sonic blue

FF Reputation: 1 BigJay Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offrddrver View Post
BigJay - Good for you on the manual trans, I wish I didn't live in the city as I would have bought a manual. Driving in the city stinks with a manual transmission. Especially if you hit rush hour traffic. That is why I bought the auto-trans as I often hit rush hour due to shift changes. Do you have a 2012 Focus, or just the Golf TDI that your profile lists?
I have a 2012 focus on order, i bought the golf in 02 now its close to 300,000km and its bene in 3 accidents,(which have just come off my record) and it has some rust issues :P im gonna take some pics and make a thread, regardless it's time to upgrade :)
Old 08-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #87
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
For all we know, the shuttering problem could just simply be an issue with programming. I know a few people on here had to have their trannys reprogrammed. I sure hope so, because in my car (and even the rental Focus they loaned me) it seems to shift rather rapidly through all the gears before you can even hit 60-70 mph. Not that that is an indicator of anything, but I think that some PCM updates are going to be in order in the next few months, if it's not a quality issue/design issue.

I too am not for bashing people (at least, I try not to), but in this instance, I wanted to give people a chance. Then, if I wasn't satisfied with the results, then I'd go to people like Natasha and her crew and make it be known to more than just the dealer and myself.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #88
jsmichael
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61254
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 jsmichael Good Standing Member
The biggest problem I see with these new cars is the hesitation in the tranny / engine when starting from a stop. I can see where if left uncorrected by Ford, that this will lead to a NHTSA-mandated recall since it's a safety issue.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:55 AM   #89
Guimpy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88333
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Guimpy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimpy View Post
I too joined this forum in hopes to find solution to what seems to be a problem to many new Focus owners. I am also experiencing shuddering at first displacement and when I come to a halt. My car also has no guts when I try to pass another. When I hit the gas pedal to accelerate, it feels as though the car is choking and the gas doesnít give. Eventually it picks up. It is very scary because Iím changing lanes to pass only to slow down. Iím not sure I want to try and pass again. Iíve test driven a Focus Titanium a few months ago and that car was awesome! I wish mine was the same. I know I have to brake it in and that Iíve only had it for a few days but Iím not excited about mine like I was with the one Iíve test driven. Like some, I do not feel safe driving this car. My Focus already had 513km logged on when I got it and I know this is all highway driving as the car came from a different city. Iíve only put 200km myself of mostly city driving. I will give it time and keep on reading on here. I hope it does get better.
I decided to stop at the dealer and talk about what I am experiencing. They asked that I bring it in on Monday for them to look into. They think it may need to be reprogrammed or something. Also at the same time they will look/fix my rear wiper washer fluid problem. It's not dispensing any fluid. It may be a disconnect somewhere. I haven't had a car in three years. I've spent 35k on this one and it is already going in to be fixed one week after purchase. I cannot say that I am not disapointed in this car because I am. Once it'll work properly I know it'll be the bomb. I'm thankful that I'm getting a good experience with the dealership. We will see what Monday brings.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #90
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I know it has to be annoying to have purchased a new car and have problems in the first few weeks. I count myself fortunate that my 05 didn't have any problems other than cosmetic when I picked it up. I didn't know it was a re-design and a new engine. There are a ton of new parts in your '12 Focis though. I'm sure Ford engineers will figure it out, and you'll all be thrilled with your cars for years to come.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks