Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 87 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #861
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Just remember everyone: if you are part of the overwhelming majority of happy focus owners it is because you were "lucky". And this thread is for basking in negativity only. Positive comments about your car will be taken as insults and gloating and will not be tolerated!
Yes, thank you.

The title of this thread is "Issues with the new 2012 Focus". This thread is for people who are having problems to get help from Ford Customer Service, and other people who have dealt with those problems, or had those problems fixed by their dealers.

Please respect the situation of others if you can't understand it. If you have dealer experiences/repairs/suggestions that you can make to help those people with problems solve their problems- then please do so. Just badgering back and forth like school kids isn't productive or appreciated. Posts which are off topic and meant to inflame others will be deleted. If the behavior continues to be inflammatory there will be infractions.

I love freedom of speech, but with freedom comes responsibility otherwise we end up like those people who hold up gay rights protest and damnation signs at funerals.

Thank you for keeping the thread on topic.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #862
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurdySE View Post
...So, I got the car back today.
Mike, the Service Manager at Courtesy Ford in Sanford, FL, told me they had to replace the negative battery cable.... Chad and Mike both said they had never seen anything like it before...Thankfully, my situation was covered under warranty...Mike took good care of me, and they gave me a rental car to use in the mean time...
Hello DurdySE,

Glad to hear of your great dealership experience. If you need assistance in the future, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniii View Post
I took my car in for the tsb on the steering and the headliner noise (have a sunroof) 3-16-11. They call today and say it's done and to bring the loaner car back...All of a sudden there is clunking and jerking and I am wondering if I can make it back home...UPDATE: My husband looked under the car and sadly it's not the exhaust...!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniii View Post
He thinks it is the transmission now. The car is not driveable and has to be towed to the dealer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
Installing the new update provided on the USB stick I have now encountered my second black screen of death...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
I will now be replacing my PCM module for the second time... unbelievable....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mill123 View Post
I have had the same transmission issues as I have been reading about on here..I have 15,000 miles on my car and it still shudders when taking off. I guess you sort of get used to it, but it still feels like it is in a wrong gear....
Hey greeniii, cappa & mill123,

Allow me to escalate your concern to the Customer Service Manager. Shoot me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact info, and I'll begin the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsterG View Post
My 2012 SEL hatchback now has a little over 7000 miles and has received its first oil change. Still no problems to report. T...Happy motoring!
JimsterG,

Sounds like your happy the Focus! Thanks for the great report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
...The title of this thread is "Issues with the new 2012 Focus". This thread is for people who are having problems to get help from Ford Customer Service, and other people who have dealt with those problems, or had those problems fixed by their dealers....
Thank you whynotthinkwhynot; appreciate your help!

Take care everyone!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #863
jtphillips
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89429
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE hatch - Frosted glass

FF Reputation: 1 jtphillips Good Standing Member
It is great now - shaky at first but great now

I had the infamous transmission shake, rattle, and roll when I got my SE hatchback. I was not prepared for The "break in" and it caused a lot of concern. After two dealer visits and a TSB, all seems OK. It is working OK and I am fine with it - not the greatest but OK. Otherwise the car is a dream - fun to drive, sporty, great handling, tight construction, and great gas mileage. I commute 15 miles each way on city streets and get 31-32 MPG. On real highway run, I get 35-37 if I stay in the speed limit.

I have an SE hatchback with the comfort stuff but nothing special in the way of options. I actually enjoy the commute - great car!
Old 03-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #864
magnolia
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96846
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 magnolia Good Standing Member
I just purchased a 2012 Focus Titanium. I had actually test driven an SEL and it drove fine but decided on the Titanium because it had everything on it I wanted. When I left the dealer after the purchase I turned right around and went back to the dealer because the rear end of the car shuddered when I took off from a stop. The dealer said it was the dry clutch and it would get smoother after 500 miles. I have 485 miles on it and it is just as bad, plus I noticed the other day I was stopped on an incline with the car in drive when I took my foot off the brake to accelerate the car rolled backwards. I have never had a car do this and now I am nervous about my purchase. Any advise?
Old 03-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #865
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Our cars hold you with the brake for 2 seconds on a hill. It gives you time to get your foot off the brake and onto the accelerator. If you take to long the car will roll back. The DCT is more like a stick than an auto in this case. Try it in a safe place. Stop on a hill. hold the brake, then let off on the brake. The car should stay in place to the count of two. After that it will roll back. That is not a problem it is just a chariteristic of a DCT.

If however you are saying, as soon as you take your foot off the brake the car rolls back, well that is a problem.

As far as the shudder, it takes time for the clutches to ware in. Make your dealer aware of it and closely monitor it.

I have a TI as well.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #866
Boomertwo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96378
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 Boomertwo Good Standing Member
Another update for everyone about my experience so far.

I'm nearly done with my break in period. Only 180~ miles left to go. Engine is running good and my mileage is slowly going up. Though right now I am 80% in city at 35 mph and 10% county roads at 55 mph and 10% freeway at 65 mph.

On my third tank and managed 29.80757739 mpg on my last tank. (Based on the numbers I provided above.) I hope to hit over 30 mpg on this tank as I have almost 300 miles I planned to drive over the next 3 days but thankfully its all freeway speeds at 65-70 MPH. And before you ask I got the car with 127 miles already on it due to everyone that test drove it before and after me.

Now for some new issues that have appeared.

1. The remote unlock button on my key doesn't always seem to unlock the drivers door the first try. However I mostly notice this when I come out of my apartment though I am already outside and only have a small wooden fence between me and the car then. I have also notice it do this when I am standing within 20 feet of the car. (Yes I did replace the battery in the key already to be sure that it wasn't a weak battery.)

2. Just tonight I noticed that when I went to unlock the car the interior light did not turn on when I unlocked the drivers door via the remote. The running lights came on like normal but not the interior. I lock/unlock again and the light didn't turn on. Only once I double press the unlock to open all the doors did it turn on. After that it would turn on as soon as I hit the unlock button the first time.

3. Earlier in the night I went for a little drive as I was in the mood for a relaxing drive on mostly empty streets. When i got in and turned the car on and let the engine warm up for a little bit I noticed my center dash buttons for the radio did not turn on. I then remembered my headlights were not on so I flipped it over to just the running lights to trigger the dash lights. I sat and waited 1 to 2 minutes and still nothing. Flipped the headlights completely on and waited 1 minute and nothing. Pressed the on and off button for the radio and no lights but the radio did turn on. Flipped the headlights and running lights on and off a few and then waited and 3 seconds later the dash lights for the radio controls finally came on.

Guess I'm going for another visit to the service department while still in the break in period as this seems purely an electrical and some sort of computer problem. This makes visit number #2 for issues though officially it's visit #3 since I had the oil changed at 700 miles to remove any metal bits from the oil.

My car was manufactured near the end of January so it should have all the TSB's already done to it...

If they brush me off saying that nothing is wrong or it's normal then I will escalate this through Noemi. Though I'm not sure that it will produce any better results.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #867
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
The key locking issues has a TSB out...really quick fix at the dealer.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #868
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtphillips View Post
I had the infamous transmission shake, rattle, and roll when I got my SE hatchback...After two dealer visits and a TSB, all seems OK...
I have an SE hatchback with the comfort stuff but nothing special in the way of options. I actually enjoy the commute - great car!
Hi jtphillips,

Thanks for letting us know your Focus pleasure!

Iím available to help by arranging a call from the Customer Service Manager in your area. For me to lend a hand, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and the VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
...The dealer said it was the dry clutch and it would get smoother after 500 miles. I have 485 miles on it and it is just as bad...
Hey magnolia,

The Owner Guide states a break-in period of 1000 miles on page 5. Give it some time to smooth out. If the concern escalates after the stated period; please make an appointment with your dealer and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can get this escalated to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
Our cars hold you with the brake for 2 seconds on a hill. It gives you time to get your foot off the brake and onto the accelerator. If you take to long the car will roll back. The DCT is more like a stick than an auto in this case....
As far as the shudder, it takes time for the clutches to ware in. Make your dealer aware of it and closely monitor it...
Hi gtncpa,

Thank you for the advise; I'm sure your fellow poster appreciates it. I do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomertwo View Post
Another update for everyone about my experience so far.
I'm nearly done with my break in period. Only 180~ miles left to go. Engine is running good and my mileage is slowly going up....
If they brush me off saying that nothing is wrong or it's normal then I will escalate this through Noemi...
Boomertwo,

Don't cry, dry your eyes; here comes Noemi offering you some assistance.

I believe you know the drill; please PM your VIN, phone number, mileage, and dealer information so I can get this escalated to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Thanks,

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #869
bikerfuzz
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91919
What I Drive: 2010 gray s.e

FF Reputation: 1 bikerfuzz Good Standing Member
Ok all an update from the big city. I git my se back from the dealer yesterday. 3 time in for the tsb updates. and to fix and uodate the sync. Which went out for no other reason. and an oil change. iM AN 5400 miles now. The dealer says they tried to replicate the city driving as best THEY could. CITY mileage was down to 22mpg, BUT the hwy was up 35-40..Well lets see what happens. I was told by dealer it would have to "learn" again. For a brand new car with 5k miles on it. it should have been TAUGHT. at the factory. Not have to go in for lessons 3 times!!!!!Thats why I bought a new car. ...
Can you say unhappy!!. I cant wait to have enough equity to trade it it. I bought it for city mileage of 28 rating. And now i barely get 22. Wy to go ford
Old 03-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #870
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfuzz View Post
Ok all an update from the big city. I git my se back from the dealer yesterday. 3 time in for the tsb updates. and to fix and uodate the sync. Which went out for no other reason. and an oil change. iM AN 5400 miles now. The dealer says they tried to replicate the city driving as best THEY could. CITY mileage was down to 22mpg, BUT the hwy was up 35-40..Well lets see what happens. I was told by dealer it would have to "learn" again. For a brand new car with 5k miles on it. it should have been TAUGHT. at the factory. Not have to go in for lessons 3 times!!!!!Thats why I bought a new car. ...
Can you say unhappy!!. I cant wait to have enough equity to trade it it. I bought it for city mileage of 28 rating. And now i barely get 22. Wy to go ford
The whole reason I bought my focus was because I wanted something with better gas mileage and I was constantly taking my old car in the shop and now I only get about 23 mpg and constantly taking a brand new car in the shop.

Bookmarks & Social Networks