Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 86 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #851
swfst

Fan#: 95922
What I Drive: Focus

FF Reputation: 1 swfst Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivingstick View Post
Are you and JimsterG the same person?This would explain a lot.

Hope the moderators will do their Spring clean up very soon.
If you want us to be the same person, but logic says no.

Its alright, I already reported you for harassment. You clearly have the idea that badgering people is necessary and you're the John Wayne of this forum. I wish you the best in your crusade, but let it be know your words fall on deaf ears.

Oh, I just passed 1000 miles and my car is flawless like the $6 million dollar jet I fly every week. I guess Ford sucks because I didn't get a broke car like the other millions of people here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #852
Drivingstick
Banned

Fan#: 94381
What I Drive: Black Mazda6

FF Reputation: 1 Drivingstick Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroStorm View Post
If you want us to be the same person, but logic says no.

Its alright, I already reported you for harassment. You clearly have the idea that badgering people is necessary and you're the John Wayne of this forum. I wish you the best in your crusade, but let it be know your words fall on deaf ears.

Oh, I just passed 1000 miles and my car is flawless like the $6 million dollar jet I fly every week. I guess Ford sucks because I didn't get a broke car like the other millions of people here.
I'm not sure what your beef is all about.There are more than enough "I love my Focus" threads that you could go and enjoy yourself with plenty of people who were lucky and got the trouble free cars.Instead you come in a thread were people a reporting serious problems.Not everyone can afford to own two or more cars.So when they got a new car with payments and the car cause them to miss work days,this causes other serious problems.
You seem to think that most of the testimonies of this thread and the Comsumer Reports conclusions are pure invention.But at the same time you are trying to make us believe that you fly a 6 million dollar jet and then drive around in a Focus.
As for reporting me for harassment because I said you were in the wrong thread is a little childish.There are threads for most fanatics ,situations and problems.I don't go in other threads looking for confrontation ,so I simply recommend you do the same.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #853
Grinder
Banned

Fan#: 85627
What I Drive: 2003 CD silver SVT

FF Reputation: 10 Grinder Great Standing Member
Just remember everyone: if you are part of the overwhelming majority of happy focus owners it is because you were "lucky". And this thread is for basking in negativity only. Positive comments about your car will be taken as insults and gloating and will not be tolerated!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #854
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: kermit

Points 14,608, Level 78
Points: 14,608, Level: 78 Points: 14,608, Level: 78 Points: 14,608, Level: 78
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
I'm not sure what your beef is all about.There are more than enough "I love my Focus" threads that you could go and enjoy yourself with plenty of people who were lucky and got the trouble free cars.Instead you come in a thread were people a reporting serious problems.Not everyone can afford to own two or more cars.So when they got a new car with payments and the car cause them to miss work days,this causes other serious problems.
You seem to think that most of the testimonies of this thread and the Comsumer Reports conclusions are pure invention.But at the same time you are trying to make us believe that you fly a 6 million dollar jet and then drive around in a Focus.
As for reporting me for harassment because I said you were in the wrong thread is a little childish.There are threads for most fanatics ,situations and problems.I don't go in other threads looking for confrontation ,so I simply recommend you do the same.
since your obviously able to express your opinion, what make you think others shouldnt be able to?
you seem to think everyone should have a negative attitude and you go after anyone that doesnt. there is no fire other than some that whine constantly and have the "either your with me, or against me" attitude.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #855
CJohn364
GoKart and Me!!!

Fan#: 49277
What I Drive: 2K5 ZX4 SEt (ATX) French Blue, Met

Points 72,532, Level 100
Points: 72,532, Level: 100 Points: 72,532, Level: 100 Points: 72,532, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 119 CJohn364 Excellent Standing Member CJohn364 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Hi JimsterG,

Not sure why you thought it was a good idea to post this on this thread.We know that not all 2012 Focus are lemons.But several hundreds of people are living pretty bad situations with their cars.Gloating about your good experience on a thread were people are trying to make ends meet with a car that Ford can't repair properly, is not a very sensitive thing to do.Ford made a good PR disaster by pretty much blaming the customers for their problems.Coming here to show a more positive side will only throw fuel on the fire.
There are plenty of threads where you can post these kind of comments.

Be more careful next time.
People that post in this thread stating that all is well with their '12 Focus is very relevant to this thread as it shows other '12 owners that not everyone is having issues with the car. Hell, I even drove one for a day and didn't have any issues with it. I wouldn't consider posting positive comments about the car as "gloating".
Sedan Revolution #61 / NW Posse #2
FF Moderator
Member Rules
Buy-Sell-Trade Rules
Complete 'How-To' Archive
General Racing Thread Rules
Old 03-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #856
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
So, I found something interesting today when I removed my headlight to tighten down a loose foglight. I had assumed that the wiggling foglight was the culprit behind one of the rattles in my front end at low speeds.

It wasn't the foglight. Strangely enough, I ended up finding a nut that was rolling around inside the splashguard underneath the foglight. I did some poking around, couldn't find anything that the nut might have backed itself off of, so I suppose it was dropped there during assembly and forgotten about.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #857
mill123
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96583
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Apple Blue Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mill123 Good Standing Member
2012 Focus issues

I have had the same transmission issues as I have been reading about on here..I have 15,000 miles on my car and it still shudders when taking off. I guess you sort of get used to it, but it still feels like it is in a wrong gear.
The main issue I have with this car is the battery going dead. This has happened four times in the 10 months I have had the car. The only thing FORD has fixed was a driver's side module...but the battery went dead again last week...so that was not it..or at least not the only thing wrong. Three weeks after I got the car, the monitor for the radio & SYNC went out...they replaced that....but then the battery started going dead... It seems to me this car has many electrical issues. I am hoping they will replace it..why do you get a brand new car to just have it in the repair shop five times in a year??? Does any one else have these types of issues?
Old 03-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #858
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,790, Level 32
Points: 2,790, Level: 32 Points: 2,790, Level: 32 Points: 2,790, Level: 32
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mill123 View Post
I have had the same transmission issues as I have been reading about on here..I have 15,000 miles on my car and it still shudders when taking off. I guess you sort of get used to it, but it still feels like it is in a wrong gear.
The main issue I have with this car is the battery going dead. This has happened four times in the 10 months I have had the car. The only thing FORD has fixed was a driver's side module...but the battery went dead again last week...so that was not it..or at least not the only thing wrong. Three weeks after I got the car, the monitor for the radio & SYNC went out...they replaced that....but then the battery started going dead... It seems to me this car has many electrical issues. I am hoping they will replace it..why do you get a brand new car to just have it in the repair shop five times in a year??? Does any one else have these types of issues?
Ford is not going to offer to replace your car. That's a given. However, check your State's Lemon Law. Typically, if you have had 3 or 4 unsuccessful attempts to solve a significant problem in the first year if ownership, you may be able to force Ford into a buyback.

As you are 10 months into ownership you should look at this quickly. Hire an attorney if you wish because you do have follow a very specific path.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #859
Drivingstick
Banned

Fan#: 94381
What I Drive: Black Mazda6

FF Reputation: 1 Drivingstick Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by goinloco1 View Post
since your obviously able to express your opinion, what make you think others shouldnt be able to?
you seem to think everyone should have a negative attitude and you go after anyone that doesnt. there is no fire other than some that whine constantly and have the "either your with me, or against me" attitude.
First,I find funny to see that the defenders of the 2012 Focus "bulletproof reliability",are people with little to no ownership experience of the car itself.

In a previous post,I claimed that probably 95% of 2012 Focus were problem free and that this number would be even higher if Ford would actually made an effort of doing some quality control inspections.And most of all when they already know what to look for.Did I say that all Ford products are crap?No.But the way Ford is handling the situation will certainly make people think twice before buying another one.
When you got problems with a car,you don't want to hear:"it's normal","you just don't understand the car" and "just drive it off"!And certainly not when your car is shaking,stalling and acting pretty weird and unsafe.

Some may not want to hear it ,but the 2012 focus as a bad reputation.Simply search for transmission problems for 2012 Focus and you'll get thousands of comments and story.Consumer Reports recommend to NOT buy this car for 2012 ( http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...y-findings.htm ).

I'm all for freedom of speech and mostly if this add something to the thread.But when someone goes totally off topic to rub it in the face of people who are facing serious loss and complications, this is where I draw the line.While some problems are minor and can be fixed in one visit ,others are going thru nightmares for many months.This is not a fun situation.And I don't think it's too much to ask ,to simply respect the suject of this thread and the people going thru tough times.Nobody here asked to be stuck in this situation,so please simply respect them.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #860
cappa
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85229
What I Drive: 2000 VW Golf / 2012 Ford Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 cappa Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
Installing the new update provided on the USB stick I have now encountered my second black screen of death.

On the step it said your black screen will last up to two minutes and this step will last up to 20 minutes. I waited 30+ minutes and it was just black..... now system does not turn on at all... what a mess and looks like I will be making a 4th trip to the dealer....... smh...
I will now be replacing my PCM module for the second time... unbelievable....

Bookmarks & Social Networks