Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 85 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #841
Drivingstick
Banned

Fan#: 94381
What I Drive: Black Mazda6

FF Reputation: 1 Drivingstick Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hello csvt2060,

Hello Drivingstick,

I'm sorry to learn about your decision to sell the Focus. I hope I will have an opportunity in the future to welcome you back to the Ford family.

My presence on the board is to liaise between Focus owners and our Customer Service Manager. In order to do this, the information requested is needed to begin the escalation process. For many owners, this process has worked to their satisfaction and we strive to provide the best service on our customers behalf on this forum.
Again you are dodging the problem.

I went to a Ford dealership,bought a Focus and told the saleman I was going to use it as a station wagon.Meaning,to drive my kids around.NOBODY said anything about potential problems.I drove the car,got problems and almost got into an accident ,and then I'm told by the same dealership "IT'S NORMAL"!!
I will not repeat what I said in the dealership that day,but seriously what kind of low life sells a car saying it good one day, and then say "IT'S NORMAL" when you almost get rear ended?I didn't get rid of this car because I wanted to!I did it because I care for the safety of my family.After what happened,I hope you understand that I will never buy or recommend another Ford product again.
And after dealing with the Ford Relationship Centre where nobody has a last name and nobody is responsible,I seriously can't recommend anyone to deal with these people.

Last edited by Drivingstick; 03-17-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #842
DurdySE
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 92855
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver 5dr SE

FF Reputation: 1 DurdySE Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
Don't recall seeing this problem before. This is a good kind of problem to have: something doesn't work, no subjectivity about how it should work, no "can't duplicate the problem" excuse. It could be a bad switch, a loose connection, a blown fuse, etc., but it should be an easy thing to fix. But I think you're toning to hav to bring it in to the dealer.
Right on.

To recap:
I locked up my car last Tuesday, with no complaints.
Wednesday morning, the front windshield wipers were dead. The rear wiper worked fine.
I took it to our fleet mechanic (I work for Budweiser), who tested every fuse. All were good, so I called the dealer.
The service manager at the dealership had no idea, this was the first time they had heard of this problem.
I dropped it off on Friday morning...

So, I got the car back today.
Mike, the Service Manager at Courtesy Ford in Sanford, FL, told me they had to replace the negative battery cable. Apparently, there is a 'sensor' on the negative battery cable that is a critical part of the windshield wiper system.
I asked him if he knew anything more than that and he said no, but was happy to let me ask the mechanic.
The mechanic, Chad, was as baffled as we were. He said the only reason he found it was because the computer tells them to check certain things in a certain order and the negative battery cable was the last thing. Chad and Mike both said they had never seen anything like it before.

Thankfully, my situation was covered under warranty.
Mike took good care of me, and they gave me a rental car to use in the mean time.

In case any of you have this problem in the future and have to pay out of pocket for it, the cost of the part was only about $60.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #843
greeniii
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96130
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 greeniii Good Standing Member
Angry

I took my car in for the tsb on the steering and the headliner noise (have a sunroof) 3-16-11. They call today and say it's done and to bring the loaner car back. I take a quick drive to make sure there is no more squeaking from the headliner. I also noticed the steering is a lot stiffer but didn't have enough time to check on the hwy for the wandering issue since they were closing in 20 mins. I drove maybe 10 miles tonight and all of a sudden it sounds like my car is from the fast and furious movie!!!!!!!!! The exhaust is soooooo loud and deep growling. All of a sudden there is clunking and jerking and I am wondering if I can make it back home. Thanks Barreth Ford!!!! My car was NEVER doing that when I brought it in!!!! Enjoy your weekend while I am without a car until Monday when I am going to try and drive it back over there. Oh yeah, just 5000 miles on my car and it's a POS now! THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: My husband looked under the car and sadly it's not the exhaust. Barreth Ford have done much more serious damage to my car!!
Old 03-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #844
cappa
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85229
What I Drive: 2000 VW Golf / 2012 Ford Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 cappa Good Standing Member
Installing the new update provided on the USB stick I have now encountered my second black screen of death.

On the step it said your black screen will last up to two minutes and this step will last up to 20 minutes. I waited 30+ minutes and it was just black..... now system does not turn on at all... what a mess and looks like I will be making a 4th trip to the dealer....... smh...
Old 03-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #845
JimsterG
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95184
What I Drive: 2012 5 dr SEL in Race Red

FF Reputation: 1 JimsterG Good Standing Member
My 2012 SEL hatchback now has a little over 7000 miles and has received its first oil change. Still no problems to report. The PowerShift tranny works great and I have experienced no problems. In fact I like to go through the gears myself in 'sport' mode when driving in the mountains and dealing with severe uphill/downhill stretches of road. I do I lot of driving and there are a few features worth mentioning that you don't really appreciate until you have had the car for awhile. Features like the gear display in the driver's side display when manually selecting gears, the built-in blind spot mirrors, the intermittent speed selection for the rear wiper, the extra wiper cycle after washing the front or back window, great four wheel disc brakes and excellent high beams when driving on twisty mountain roads at night. I have never had a car that has such a well lit interior at night. Even if it did not have ambient lighting I like the way absolutely every button or switch lights up in the dark and the dome lights are very bright when a door is opened. Add the ambient lighting with its selectable colors and brightness and you almost hate to see the sun come up! Other handy things that I like are the dual trip meters with fuel info, the USB port for playing flash drives filled with music, the back seat bottoms that fold forward allowing the rear seatbacks to fold down to provide a flat floor. I keep the 60% side folded flat and the smaller section upright all the time now because I carry a lot of stuff. For a smaller car this Focus has some great passing power on uphill stretches. If the auto tranny is in 'drive' it will kick down in to 4th gear and really take off better than any small car I have had driven before on the same roads. Yet my average gas mileage is always in the 35/36 mpg range. I can only imagine that if I took a long drive using nothing but highway speeds on interstates it would be even higher which nowadays is a great thing. My driving is about 60/40 city/highway. The only option on my SEL is the moonroof and I will never have another car without one. And on this moonroof is the one touch 'vent' position which is convenient. And a Ford feature that is found on many of their products; the capless fuel tank. The first couple times I bought gas I had the feeling that I was forgetting something but of course I was not. And I like the advanced automatic climate controls on this model, the extra turn signals in the outside mirrors, the built-in garage door opener and SYNC features, although this car has the standard SEL interface and not the full blown touchscreen system. I was able to pair my phone and train the garage door opener buttons in the driver's visor in less than 30 minutes and they always work. The seats are very good and are just as comfortable after a six hour non-stop run as when you first got in. And I would be remiss if I did not mention the excellent handling and quiet ride. Those were the main 2 things that made me decide on the Focus after narrowing my original choices down to the Focus, Mazda 3 and Hyundai Elantra touring model. In the life of a car 7000 miles is really not that much, but it is a good feeling that this car has not needed any warranty work at all. Happy motoring!

Last edited by JimsterG; 03-17-2012 at 07:08 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #846
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
greeniii, what was your husband's determination? Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 03-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #847
greeniii
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96130
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 greeniii Good Standing Member
He thinks it is the transmission now. The car is not driveable and has to be towed to the dealer. I have a 5-speed. The loud "exhaust" noise I heard was the transmission. :( All they were supposed to do is the steering recall! Does anyone know what they have to do for the steering recall?
Old 03-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #848
Drivingstick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsterG View Post
My 2012 SEL hatchback now has a little over 7000 miles and has received its first oil change. Still no problems to report...
Hi JimsterG,

Not sure why you thought it was a good idea to post this on this thread.We know that not all 2012 Focus are lemons.But several hundreds of people are living pretty bad situations with their cars.Gloating about your good experience on a thread were people are trying to make ends meet with a car that Ford can't repair properly, is not a very sensitive thing to do.Ford made a good PR disaster by pretty much blaming the customers for their problems.Coming here to show a more positive side will only throw fuel on the fire.
There are plenty of threads where you can post these kind of comments.

Be more careful next time.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #849
swfst

Fan#: 95922
What I Drive: Focus

FF Reputation: 1 swfst Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivingstick View Post
Hi JimsterG,

Not sure why you thought it was a good idea to post this on this thread.We know that not all 2012 Focus are lemons.But several hundreds of people are living pretty bad situations with their cars.Gloating about your good experience on a thread were people are trying to make ends meet with a car that Ford can't repair properly, is not a very sensitive thing to do.Ford made a good PR disaster by pretty much blaming the customers for their problems.Coming here to show a more positive side will only throw fuel on the fire.
There are plenty of threads where you can post these kind of comments.

Be more careful next time.
Sorry, next time I'll aim for the trash can.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #850
Drivingstick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroStorm View Post
Sorry, next time I'll aim for the trash can.
Are you and JimsterG the same person?This would explain a lot.

Hope the moderators will do their Spring clean up very soon.

Bookmarks & Social Networks