Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 82 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #811
Tlauden
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96080
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Tlauden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Going to pick up our new focus SE tomorrow. Hope to have good luck with it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #812
Drivingstick
Banned

Fan#: 94381
What I Drive: Black Mazda6

FF Reputation: 1 Drivingstick Good Standing Member
Here's my story,

Two month ago I bought a 2012 Focus because I wanted a small and efficient little station wagon.I clearly explained to the salesman why I was buying the car and he told me how great and smooth the new transmission was,and pretty much the same sales pitch you see in the commercials.

The second I got home with the car,the first thing I did was to install the two children car seats and use the car for two weeks without any problems.On week 3,as I was driving thru an intersection and the car started to vibrate and almost stalled.Then I stopped at a red light ,put the car in neutral and rev the engine a little to see if the engine was fine and everything sounded ok.The light turned green and the car stalled and I nearly got rear ended.I started the car I drove off directly to the dealership only a 15 minutes drive away.
At the dealership I explained them what happened,and the first thing they said was "it's normal,the transmission is not broken in and it has to adapt to my driving style".I got pretty mad and ask them why this was not explained when I bought the car!If someone would have told me this ,first ,I wouldn't have bought it.And second,I never would have installed the child seats if the car could simply act weird and potentially get me in an accident.And then the salesman shows up with a dumb smile.I won't repeat what I told him ,but I basically called him a low-life.The discussion pretty much ended in the manager's office where they were telling me that the car was perfectly safe.My answer was:"Would you trust this car with the life of your kids?" and there was silence.I called my wife.She brought the second key for the car ,we removed the child seats and I signed off the car ownership telling them to send me the cheque once it's sold.If those salemen don't got a conscience ,well I do!I bought a 2010 mazda6 with a manual transmission.Last week I got a cheque from the dealership.It was a little more than I expected,but I still consider the experience a waste of time and money.
Some could say my reaction was a little harsh,but when it's about the safety of my family,money shouldn't be an issue.

Too bad I discovered this website after it was too late.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #813
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hello csvt2060,

As I stated before, your questions are quite detailed. I am not an engineer or a technician so it does require thorough research from multiple individuals and departments in order to assure a correct answer from time to time.

As to not posting on this specific thread, please keep in mind that I am active on several forums and threads and not in the business of ignoring a customer’s concern. I definitely strive to be as transparent as possible with everyone I interact with and thank you for your patience.

As soon I have the information you’re requesting I will send you an update.

Noemi
I sent the original PM on 2/10, so it's been almost 1 month and no response. It's hard to believe that Ford is taking our issues and feedback seriously when I can't get a response in a reasonable amount of time. If I took this long to address customer concerns in my job, I would have huge issues on my hands. Once again this comes off as poor customer service and zero acknowledgment of issues with this car. What else could I think of it?

I didn't even get a "thank you for your feedback, we will get back to you within x days". I had to come to this thread to even get that type of response to my originial PM which is plain unprofessional.

If I knew I wouldn't be wasting my time writing a letter to Ford, I would have a 10 page document at their doorstep. But past conversations here, on the phone, and through dealership communication have been very upsetting and discouraging to say the least. I don't know if my letter would even be addressed or acknowledged so I won't bother.

As I said in my PM, I hope if Ford isn't going to address or fix these niggling issues on the 2012 Focus, please please please do yourselves a favor and fix them on the 2013 Escape and Focus (same chassis). If not, you are opening yourselves up to an even larger audience of unhappy customers. As a Ford shareholder, this kind of stuff really concerns me.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #814
RDJTX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88961
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 RDJTX Good Standing Member
I bought my focus in aug and it was delivered in oct. I had a bit if a shudder but utbhas long since gone. I have said it befor the ford has done a terrible job of setting expectations vis-a-vis the transmission. As a result there are some thatthink they have a problem but don't, they are just impatient and in willing to wait it out. Also remember that the ones posting here with issues ate not the majority of focus owners but a subset of them. The problems are real but the are not across the board. Having a decent dealer is also a part of the equation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carshopping View Post
I've been a dedicated ford owner for the last 20 years and I'm struggling to find a ford vehicle that I want to buy. A few short months ago Ford commercials bragged about quality that can't beat, which they have since stopped advertising for obvious reasons. I was originally looking at the new explorers but have since changed my mind due to pricing, my ford touch issues, gas prices and lack of good incentives, Motor trends review didn't help either. Competitors are offering 0% for 60 months vs 36 for Ford in addition to a better power train warranty. I have since been looking at the Ford Focus which seems like a great car with the exception of the transmission issues. I have several friends I was able to get interested in the Focus. However, after doing further research and seeing all the transmission issues, I can't recommend the focus to my friends nor buy it myself. I wish Ford would have some solid answers or at least admit that there is an issue and that they are working on it instead of saying that its "normal". I will continue to read these posts and hopefully I get some good news from Ford that will convince me to by a Focus so I don't have to switch brands.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #815
jbicknell
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95421
What I Drive: 2012, blue, focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 jbicknell Good Standing Member
Focus transmission

Well after another 20 days my focus is back. This time they replaced the clutch and throwout bearing which I guess was leaking it drives the better than when I first bought it. Let's just see how long it last the first time they changed out the clutch I got 2K miles till it started acting up again.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #816
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
My focus is in the shop for clutch repair serving even gears. Yes, some of us have problems, and it's not in our heads!
Old 03-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #817
Reedleo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92260
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Apple Red SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Reedleo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
My focus is in the shop for clutch repair serving even gears. Yes, some of us have problems, and it's not in our heads!
Can't wait to hear how it works when you get it back. I spoke with a Ford customer service rep yesterday and she started with the "let it break in 2k miles after a reprogram". I let her know that I was dealing with a real problem and would get back with her when I learned how your fix worked out. She said she wasn't able to check this forum to capture the details of my issues. A bit disappointing to have to teach someone new all of the details, when again I'm not dealing with anyone with any technical knowledge. Give me direct access to an engineer and I would instantly gain recognition of the problem and feedback on possible causes and fixes. Then I'd be a happy focus owner.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #818
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
I'll post back, with results...
Old 03-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #819
jbicknell
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95421
What I Drive: 2012, blue, focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 jbicknell Good Standing Member
They had to replace the clutch and the throw out bearing and got it back yesterday. when i took it in it would vibrate violantly at 40 MPH at about 1700 RPM. i drove about 50 miles last night and it running shifting really good. Good luck on getting yours back it took them 20 days to get the clutch in for me.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #820
Drivingstick
Banned

Fan#: 94381
What I Drive: Black Mazda6

FF Reputation: 1 Drivingstick Good Standing Member
One of the most anoying thing from my Ford Focus experience,was that on the delivery day,the salesman spent almost half an hour explaining the bulletproof Ford warranty and 24hr roadside assistance.According to the saleman,both would cover for everything that could happen to the car,even if was my fault like running out of gas.The way he was talking,if I broke down , in less than 15 minutes I would get a tow truck and a rental car available to get me out of any situation.After reading this threads of people with some really serious problems,I didn't found many who got the V.I.P. treatment that dealerships are selling us with those cars.

"IT'S NORMAL" is not an answer!Mostly when Ford spends so much time blowing sunshine up our you know what.

Safety should not be an option when we drive around our loved one.If only a few cars are dangerous and problematic,please have the decency of taking them off the roads!And most of all ,don't make me lose half an hour of my life telling me things that you wont do once the car has problems.

Am I the only one who got that 30 min lecture on the warranty?

Bookmarks & Social Networks