Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 81 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #801
sailawaysg
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93677
What I Drive: 2012,white,Focus

FF Reputation: 1 sailawaysg Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yes, as in from a Dearborn Engineer. And I have tried the full throttle launch and it worked for about 200 miles. If I can get a copy of the explanation I'll post it. I think it's just the design, it's just not a smooth take-off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #802
Carshopping
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95883
What I Drive: 03 explorer

FF Reputation: 1 Carshopping Good Standing Member
I've been a dedicated ford owner for the last 20 years and I'm struggling to find a ford vehicle that I want to buy. A few short months ago Ford commercials bragged about quality that can't beat, which they have since stopped advertising for obvious reasons. I was originally looking at the new explorers but have since changed my mind due to pricing, my ford touch issues, gas prices and lack of good incentives, Motor trends review didn't help either. Competitors are offering 0% for 60 months vs 36 for Ford in addition to a better power train warranty. I have since been looking at the Ford Focus which seems like a great car with the exception of the transmission issues. I have several friends I was able to get interested in the Focus. However, after doing further research and seeing all the transmission issues, I can't recommend the focus to my friends nor buy it myself. I wish Ford would have some solid answers or at least admit that there is an issue and that they are working on it instead of saying that its "normal". I will continue to read these posts and hopefully I get some good news from Ford that will convince me to by a Focus so I don't have to switch brands.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #803
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
Welcome, carshopping (I laughed out loud at your username! Brilliant!).

Early adopters always seem to iron-out the growing pains of new vehicles, no matter the brand.

The car is brilliant other than the obvious, you pointed-out.

I'm sure there are plenty of satisfied focus owners, as seen in the woo-hoo thread and other areas.

Those of us who have problems usually sound-off loud, and often, until resolution is at hand.

Drive a new Focus, and make-up your own mind! Don't let a few issues here and there keep you from testing this awesome chassis...
Old 03-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #804
CourtneyNYC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86057
What I Drive: 2010 - Sterling Gray&2012 White Ti

FF Reputation: 1 CourtneyNYC Good Standing Member
Agreed.

The internet is a REALLY poor place, if you focus (pardon the pun) on solely user sites.

Folks with problems are traditionally far more vocal (that's not bad) than satisfied customers. A person with a problem, real or perceived, heads straight to the internet to get information, seek others with similar problems and . . oh yes . . sometimes complain. Some of these complaints are accurate, many embellished. They nearly never provide an accurate sense of the true ownership experience.

I'm no more than a data point . . . I own a 2010 and a 2012 Focus and the experience has been very good.

Worst part, in my opinion, is the Ford dealer network. They have some serious issues. But, the car has been bulletproof.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #805
bikerfuzz
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91919
What I Drive: 2010 gray s.e

FF Reputation: 1 bikerfuzz Good Standing Member
So natasha. been a while and wanted to update you. My 2012 has been in two more times for a total of three. first to fix the problem. which roadside never came to get. after it died. The next two times to ''UPDATE" the tranny. tHE DEALER HAS BEEN GREATBoth times it when in after the initial. It never got any better. in fact the gas mileage has dropped off to 23-25 around town. Since most of my driving is around town i am not happy with the drop off. I do about 10 miles on the hwy in ther middle of this and still cant get it higher than 25.The car also has a horrible "flat spot" in the thrOTTLE. The tranny seems to upshift too quickly, especially in town. So when you do step on the gas. it gas no responce, then down shift atleast 2 gears jumps and races off. I am at the point where i am interested in persuing the lemon law. I dont know if it will go thru. ButI am very unhappy. ThIS is not the car I test drove or purchased.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #806
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojohnson1120 View Post
Glad to see that this is not only my car that this is happening too, I have a 2012 Focus sFe that shutters sometimes... I will give it another month to see if the problem goes away completely
Hi jojohnson1120,

Your vehicle does have a break in period of approximately 1000 miles. Therefore give it some time to smooth out. However, if the shutter becomes an increasing issue, send me PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact info, and I'll have the Customer Service Manager review your Case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZF2012 View Post
I am so glad I spotted this thread. Just yesterday, I got into an accident that had potential to be so much worse... I had the stutter in my Focus when I first drove it and still do, to this day....For example, if I go in reverse, before it goes in reverse, my car will go forward. I'm not talking an inch or so, I'm talking a few feet. It's pretty dangerous and freaks me out when I'm in traffic because it also happens if I tap on the break a particular way...
My filed a report with Ford and they're investigating the issue...
Hey ZF2012,

It sounds as though your case is in good hands. Let's allow the representatives continue to work on your case. If however, you perceive you will need assistance, send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact info, and I'll have the Customer Service Manager review your case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailawaysg View Post
I've been told by ford that the shudder on take off is normal and that's it. I'll never buy another pos ford. After owning over 100 cars this is just bad design. Should have bought a good used Mercedes for the same price!!!
Quote:
I have 5000 miles on it now and was told by FMC that some chatter was "normal".
Quote:
Yes, as in from a Dearborn Engineer. And I have tried the full throttle launch and it worked for about 200 miles...
Hey sailawaysg,

Let me help turn that to a . Send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact info to begin the escalation process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
My clutch parts are in for the even (2, 4, 6) transmission side. Earliest they may install is Thursday...
Hello again r1derbike,

Thanks for your patience and glad to learn your local Ford dealer is making progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carshopping View Post
I've been a dedicated ford owner for the last 20 years and I'm struggling to find a ford vehicle that I want to buy... However, after doing further research and seeing all the transmission issues, I can't recommend the focus to my friends nor buy it myself...
Hello Carshopping,

Thank you for your loyalty to Ford Motor Company.

I know by this thread it may seem the Focus is equivalent to trouble. But let me assure you there are just as many, if not more, happy Focus owners. All you have to do is peruse the forum as you are doing now and you'll find these threads.

Continue to research the Focus, but I hope the concerns voiced by owners will not dissuade you from purchasing a Focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyNYC View Post
...The internet is a REALLY poor place, if you focus (pardon the pun) on solely user sites.
I'm no more than a data point . . . I own a 2010 and a 2012 Focus and the experience has been very good.
Worst part, in my opinion, is the Ford dealer network. They have some serious issues. But, the car has been bulletproof.

Hi CourtneyNYC,

Thank you for the accolades towards the Focus. It's truly appreciated.

Though it's true owner's with concerns may be more vocal, , we have just as many singing the praises of the Focus. Regardless whether accolades or concerns, we have no problem addressing both.

BTW- Bulletproof Focus? I'm almost scared to ask the story behind that comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfuzz View Post
So natasha. been a while and wanted to update you. My 2012 has been in two more times for a total of three...ButI am very unhappy. ThIS is not the car I test drove or purchased.
Hello bikerfuzz,

Natasha is currently providing service on Ford's Customer Service Facebook account. But I would be more than happy to help you with this concern. If you can provide me the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer info, I will begin the escalation process and have the Customer Service Manager review your case.

Thanks all for your patience as we work to resolve you concerns.

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #807
bikerfuzz
Focus Rookie

Hi noemi
well the dealer is Ditschman ford. i VE BEEN WORKING WITH KEVIN GREEN. He has been very helpfull. BUT it still does not fix the fact that there is a major problem with the 2012 transmission on not just my vehicle.But a more than majority... . iVE BARLEY GOT 4850 MILES. I am not happy. and just so you know too. I reset the avg mpg and in town im now at 20.3 as an average. It went as low as 19.8!!!!!!! TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE

Last edited by bikerfuzz; 03-06-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #808
CourtneyNYC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86057
What I Drive: 2010 - Sterling Gray&2012 White Ti

FF Reputation: 1 CourtneyNYC Good Standing Member
I hope your experience with Ditschman is better than mine was. I took my F-150 to them over in Flemington. Nothing terrible . . just really unimpressive.

20.3 is a bit low for city driving. I have been seeing roughly 23 driving in Manhattan and Staten Island. There's a lot of stop and go and my average speed for the drive to the office can be as low as 16mph, not the best for optimizing mileage.

When I drive from Staten Island to Westchester County (Goethals-NYTP-Palisades-Tapp) I get up to 38mph. I average about 150 miles per day and drive fairly conservatively.

>>>BTW- Bulletproof Focus? I'm almost scared to ask the story behind that comment.

No worries. I've been shot 3 times, never in the Focus.

:)
Old 03-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #809
bikerfuzz
Focus Rookie

Well courtnry i guess the only reason they are treating me well is because I know the owner.LOL, But still. IVE been averaging 20-24 around staten island. Even with a trip to brooklyn twice a week. On the days just in staten island ive been down to 19- to 22. and when i go to jersey may be 30. It seems as if the tranny was designed to be on the hwy. Not in the city. especially at low speed. Thats obvious from the way it upshifts . Again not what i test drove and not what I would have bought knowing this..
Old 03-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #810
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfuzz View Post
...I am not happy. and just so you know too. I reset the avg mpg and in town im now at 20.3 as an average. It went as low as 19.8!!!!!!! TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE
Hi bikerfuzz,

I should have specified to please send me the info via PM. Sorry about that. As soon as I receive the PM, I'll escalate your concern.

At the same time, it may be wise to remove the VIN from your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyNYC View Post
...>>>BTW- Bulletproof Focus? I'm almost scared to ask the story behind that comment. No worries. I've been shot 3 times, never in the Focus.:)
Morning CourtneyNYC,

WOW! Glad to have you on the forum safe and whole. .

Take care!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Bookmarks & Social Networks