Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 72 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #711
Rat Fink
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 92487
Location: Canada, Canada
What I Drive: Ford, and vintage Dodge

Posts: 399
FF Reputation: 6 Rat Fink Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyall2010 View Post
I finally got the 12-1-4 update and the transmission is much more responsive. I will give the transmission a chance to relearn itself. They used the parking lot to test the transmission. This puts the issue to rest! I expect things to get better from here!
Right on Danyall. Glad to hear they finally did the update for you. Now you can go back to enjoying your Focus the way it was meant to be.
Rat Fink is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #712
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast
 
6769MOPARS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86108
Location: Powder Springs, GA
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

Posts: 431
FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyall2010 View Post
I finally got the 12-1-4 update and the transmission is much more responsive. I will give the transmission a chance to relearn itself. They used the parking lot to test the transmission. This puts the issue to rest! I expect things to get better from here!
It's a completely different feel, isn't it? Glad you're pleased.
6769MOPARS is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #713
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89399
Location: Weston, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

Posts: 532
FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
It's a completely different feel, isn't it? Glad you're pleased.
Yes it is a nice and pleasant feel. The only issue I have is still some residual grinding, but as the transmission relearns itself, I think it should eventually go away, as well!
danyall2010 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #714
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89399
Location: Weston, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

Posts: 532
FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Fink View Post
Right on Danyall. Glad to hear they finally did the update for you. Now you can go back to enjoying your Focus the way it was meant to be.
It allows me to drive more aggressively. I caught myself doing 10 over the speed limit in a 40 zone and not realizing it!
danyall2010 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #715
tj2004ruby
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 94561
Location: fayetteville, NC
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus

Posts: 3
FF Reputation: 1 tj2004ruby Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
As to my post about my transmission problem the dealership applied the update and ran the test on the computer to see where the problem was coming from and came up with nothing. They are keeping the vehicle longer and having a tech come in and look at it. They test drove it and could not duplicate my problem but as I said earlier the dealership is keeping the car and running further tests to ensure our safety. They have been nothing short of amazing to us with this, with the exception of a sales manager.
tj2004ruby is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:23 AM   #716
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast
 
6769MOPARS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86108
Location: Powder Springs, GA
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

Posts: 431
FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2004ruby View Post
As to my post about my transmission problem the dealership applied the update and ran the test on the computer to see where the problem was coming from and came up with nothing. They are keeping the vehicle longer and having a tech come in and look at it. They test drove it and could not duplicate my problem but as I said earlier the dealership is keeping the car and running further tests to ensure our safety. They have been nothing short of amazing to us with this, with the exception of a sales manager.
Glad to hear that the problem is being addressed.
6769MOPARS is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:04 AM   #717
r1derbike
Focus Addict
 
r1derbike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Fan#: 62667
Location: Bella Vista, AR
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

Posts: 832
FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
4th Gear Shudder

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I've noticed a shudder after 4th gear is engaged in auto mode. I don't know if the gear is too tall, but it shifts at 2.5K on the tach, and immediately shudders for a brief second on engagement, at that throttle setting. Smooth as glass on all other shifts at that throttle setting.

I may drive around it by shifting manually, or just drive more aggressively in auto, with more throttle.

Tranny is better after my flash, overall, but it wasn't the latest, and I don't remember this quirk before the flash, and haven't seen mention of my quirk elsewhere.

I'm not sure the issue is even worth mentioning, but the tranny is so butter smooth and seamless in all other gears, thought I'd ask the experts.
__________________
2012 Focus; Maybe 3rd Time's the Charm?
r1derbike is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #718
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast
 
6769MOPARS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86108
Location: Powder Springs, GA
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

Posts: 431
FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I've noticed a shudder after 4th gear is engaged in auto mode. I don't know if the gear is too tall, but it shifts at 2.5K on the tach, and immediately shudders for a brief second on engagement, at that throttle setting. Smooth as glass on all other shifts at that throttle setting.

I may drive around it by shifting manually, or just drive more aggressively in auto, with more throttle.

Tranny is better after my flash, overall, but it wasn't the latest, and I don't remember this quirk before the flash, and haven't seen mention of my quirk elsewhere.

I'm not sure the issue is even worth mentioning, but the tranny is so butter smooth and seamless in all other gears, thought I'd ask the experts.
No shudder in any gear on our Ti which has the December update TSB applied.
6769MOPARS is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #719
r1derbike
Focus Addict
 
r1derbike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Fan#: 62667
Location: Bella Vista, AR
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

Posts: 832
FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Mopar, I'd grab the latest tranny update, if I knew it would fix my specific issue. It sticks-out like a sore thumb, as does the throttle let-off cresting a steep, short hill on my street.

Don't want to chase shadows and will wait for a hit on my issue.

I live in northwest Arkansas, and my city has extremely sharp curves and hilly terrain, which brings out this tranny's quirks straight-away. If anyone has driven much in Bella Vista, you know the problem.

I drive in select-shift mode exclusively in BV, and reserve auto for the open road.

I will add the tranny works great (both up and down shifts) on the open, flat roads around here. It is when the tranny is loaded in 4th gear that the shudder starts.

I drive around the problem with select-shift, but would rather not do that.
__________________
2012 Focus; Maybe 3rd Time's the Charm?
r1derbike is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #720
Gemini8026
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 94704
Location: Saskatoon, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Sedan (Silver)

Posts: 36
FF Reputation: 1 Gemini8026 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question.

Is the transmission engineered poorly, or is this a software/programming issue?!?

Im looking to get a 2012 titanium, but willing to wait if there is a transmission overhaul and a upgraded mysync with faster processing/etc. Im aware they are doing the software, but im curious if the next gen will also get faster processing, etc. Im a software guy, so Im aware that sometimes all the coding optimisation in the world cant fix slow hardware!
Gemini8026 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.