Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 60 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-18-2011, 07:50 AM   #591
jmvelez
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92865
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 jmvelez Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus 2012 Automatic Gearbox issues

I took my 2012 Ford Focus to the dealer after I read in Autoblog that a new firmware was available to solve the gearbox problems.

With the new software is a totally different car. Seamless shifting

I am a Ford fan and my present cars are:

1 Ford Freestyle 2005
2 Ford Mustang Shelby GT-500 2007
3 Ford Edge Sport 2011
4 Ford Focus 2012 Titanium
5 ERA 427 Cobra with a Ford 427ci
6 ERA GT-40 Mk-I with a Ford 409ci
7 Part owner Ford J-10 MK-IV Ford 427ci
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 10:56 AM   #592
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,295, Level 35
Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine View Post
to murphy peoples I have 8800 mi on my 2012 se and it still shudders, had the trans update and tried other suggestions but it is still there. Now im getting a rattling noise on my left front some where going along with the shudder. Car is my 15th new car purchase( 2 previous focuses) and this is the worse car i have owned, including my 6 or 7 used cars.
Hello Engine;

Please PM your VIN, contact info, mileage and dealer information. I can have the regional Customer Service Manager contact you for further assistance. Hope to hear form you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPeoples View Post
Engine - I too have notice the "rattling noise" coming from the left front. The best way I can describe the sound is that it's like the sound of gravel shifting around in the back of a pickup bed when traveling up a hill. The rattle happens just before the car shifts into second in my focus.
Hi MurphyPeoples,

I received your PM and will be working on your case today. Thanks for the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvelez View Post
I took my 2012 Ford Focus to the dealer after I read in Autoblog that a new firmware was available to solve the gearbox problems.

With the new software is a totally different car. Seamless shifting

I am a Ford fan and my present cars are:

1 Ford Freestyle 2005
2 Ford Mustang Shelby GT-500 2007
3 Ford Edge Sport 2011
4 Ford Focus 2012 Titanium
5 ERA 427 Cobra with a Ford 427ci
6 ERA GT-40 Mk-I with a Ford 409ci
7 Part owner Ford J-10 MK-IV Ford 427ci
Hi JMvelez,

Thank you so much for your loyalty to the Ford Family! I'm ecstatic to hear your Focus is cruising around seamlessly for you.

Happy Holidays to you all!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 01-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #593
otis1

Fan#:
2012 Focus tranny problems

I have a brand new 2012 Focus that i bought on 11/21/11 and it is the worst car i have ever owned ,only 450 miles on it and the tranny is just junk .It feesl like i am driveing a old car that needs a tranny.
It shakes when it take of or does not respond to the gas when i take off.When i am driveing and need to apply more gas it will jolt and bang and shutter as if someone is driveing a standard tranny that doesnt use the clutch pedel well ,but this is a automatic. When i put it in reverse and apply the gas sometimes it is fine other times it take off like a race car which is very umsafe. My thoughts are should i waste my time takeing it back to the dealer when i read here that others that have the same problems as me and Ford is not able to fix the issuses with these trannys with any software updates or any new hardware.I am thinking i should just trade this car in at some time and buy from another auto maker .

Old 01-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #594
d20foci
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63613
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 d20foci Good Standing Member
I believe ford does have a software update for that issue. Your local dealer should update it for you. That transmission is basically a manual without the pedal which is why it feels that way....not that it's right
Old 01-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #595
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

Points 1,558, Level 22
Points: 1,558, Level: 22 Points: 1,558, Level: 22 Points: 1,558, Level: 22
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
The software update was a great fix .. that and letting it break in the clutches. Dont give up yet Otis. Here is a video of the dual clutch we have:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #596
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by otis1 View Post
I have a brand new 2012 Focus that i bought on 11/21/11 and it is the worst car i have ever owned ,only 450 miles on it and the tranny is just junk .It feesl like i am driveing a old car that needs a tranny.
It shakes when it take of or does not respond to the gas when i take off.When i am driveing and need to apply more gas it will jolt and bang and shutter as if someone is driveing a standard tranny that doesnt use the clutch pedel well ,but this is a automatic. When i put it in reverse and apply the gas sometimes it is fine other times it take off like a race car which is very umsafe. My thoughts are should i waste my time takeing it back to the dealer when i read here that others that have the same problems as me and Ford is not able to fix the issuses with these trannys with any software updates or any new hardware.I am thinking i should just trade this car in at some time and buy from another auto maker .
Hey otis1,

I have been in your shoes and know exactly what you are talking about. When I got my Focus it shuddered and had issues with the throttle. And in reverse it still has the same issue as you step on the gas and nothing then all of a sudden it takes off like a bat out of hell. Mine was built on 8/11/11 and the TSB the others referred to applied to anything built on or before 8/12/11 so that does not apply to your vehicle and the dealer will not flash the PCM/TCM since it supposedly has that flash already. The flash did make it better in my case but it still was not a cure for a trans that was released too early. Even the CEO of Ford admitted the trans needs work before it is operating correctly. You will also be told it is a normal break-in procedure and you will need 1000 miles before it is broken in and then they will tell you you still need more break in time. Some were told at 4000 miles it still needed more break in time and some were told that is a normal operating DCT.

Don't buy that crap if it isn't broken in and operating the way it should by 1000 miles. Take it back in and talk to the service manager and we have Natasha here on the forum but talking to the Customer service manager was a waste of oxygen as they will just tell you it is normal and nothing can be done about it. What I would suggest and I do to those that are having these issues is write a complaint with the NHTSA and the form is Here. If you look at the database you will see many have had or have the same issue as you.

If after 1000 mile and it still has the issue and Ford will do nothing about it I would suggest just dumping the car, I got rid of my extended warranty and after a couple years mine is getting dumped for something else. Sorry to hear you have this issue and it is a shame that Ford is still releasing product with the same issues as the first ones off the line.

Montana
Old 01-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #597
engine
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91090
What I Drive: red 2012 focus se

FF Reputation: 1 engine Good Standing Member
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 01-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #598
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,295, Level 35
Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35 Points: 3,295, Level: 35
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by otis1 View Post
Hi Otis1,

Give your local Ford dealership a visit. They have the necessary instructions to smooth out the PowerShift transmission in your Focus. The update along with breaking in the vehicle will have your Focus cruising around town smoothly. Keep me posted on the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d20foci View Post
I believe ford does have a software update for that issue. Your local dealer should update it for you. That transmission is basically a manual without the pedal which is why it feels that way
Hey D20Foci,

Thanks for providing Otis1 some information. Check out the link below gtncp comment for more information about the PowerShift transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
The software update was a great fix .. that and letting it break in the clutches. Dont give up yet Otis. Here is a video of the dual clutch we have:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Hey Gtncpa,

Thanks for the props. We are striving to provide the update to our Focus owners when the issue is presented to the dealer. Here's some more literature on the PowerShift Transmission .

Have a great New Year!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 01-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #599
engine
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91090
What I Drive: red 2012 focus se

FF Reputation: 1 engine Good Standing Member
Posted via FF Mobile Well it's a shame ford has'nt fixed this yet, mine was bought late july and i felt like you but i did'nt want to take the loss. I have had 2 software updates, 1 just a week ago, have they helped? sure, but it still shudders and i still get that rattling noise. yes it is the worse new car purchase out of my 15, hyundai elantra cost less and has more options. When my wife drives it she calls it a junk, me, i agree, i just hope ford gets it right one day with a fix, i have 9700 mi on the car. Customer serv. will help u all they can but they can't help a bad product.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #600
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
After getting the transmission update my MPGs went from being 28 to now only 23....drive the exact same route.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.