Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 54 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #531
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Mileage is always a complaint with new car owners, and rarely is a complaint from second owners. I don't know why that is. I know I was told to wait for my mileage to increase after purchasing my brand new 05, and only getting the same average FE as my old Aerostar mini-van. Eventually it did change, and go up. I don't get fuel economy like you 2012 owners do, but 32 in mixed driving is fine with me. I never see better on the highway, but I never drive like a responsible person on the highway either.

I can say that going from 25 to 18 would give me a reason to go see my friends at the dealership again. They should data log what your car is doing. Something is likely screwed up somewhere. Best of luck, but it does get better. Let's hope you see mileage like flingwing1969 did sometime soon. Average FE in the wifey's Windstar is 15, and best on the hwy is 24.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2011, 11:35 AM   #532
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones302 View Post
Couldn't possibly be more upset. Just shelled out 26k on my first NEW car, and it's a POS that Ford isn't remotely interested in fixing. The thing couldn't even make it a month. Thinking about eating the loss and trading it for a Toyota. For all their potential, Ford just still can't get anything right.
I'm sorry your concerns weren't resolved at your appointment. Please PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can assist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfuzz View Post
Well lengthy discussion with ford. I wait for theur responce. Dealer has been great so far. Guess it helps to know them.. But NOW.... my mileage is down to 18-19 m.p.g.'s/ Prior to this I was at 22.5-25 around city The shift points have changed too. It now winds out and revs ti 3-4k in 1st and 2nd gear rather than up shift quickly.
I know it's frustrating. Your CSM will follow up with you by 5pm tomorrow. I appreciate the patience you have shown!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-28-2011, 07:58 PM   #533
Reedleo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92260
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Apple Red SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Reedleo Good Standing Member
Transmission issues and more

I have over 9,000 miles on my 2012 Focus with the dual-clutch automatic. I understand how it is supposed to work, and having driven my share of manuals, I am not bothered by the backward roll on hill starts or the pulsing from dead stop, but this one does have some real issues. 4 times now, driving in the S mode, when rolling through a low speed right turn then hitting the gas, all I get are revs and no power. I drive in S mode at low speed, because the shift points of the D mode are too low rpm (for max fuel economy no doubt) and the car shudders before it downshifts when given the gas. Also the tranny makes a lot of clatter noise in the 1-2 and 3-4 transitions, while being smooth as silk in all others. So far the dealership acknowledges the problems, but has no fix to offer and wants to wait for better guidance from Ford before they tear it down. It's been a couple months since they looked at it, so about to give them another shot and thought I'd look on-line for help first.

Also had SYNC lock-up issues which a reprogramming fixed.

Last problem was the head-liner coming loose due to a failed adhesive bond. Ford fixed one location, but now another spot has come loose.

But for these problems, the car is great. Handles nicely, comfortable quiet ride, and good power given the great fuel economy.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:21 PM   #534
bones302
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91479
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 bones302 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedleo View Post
Also the tranny makes a lot of clatter noise in the 1-2 and 3-4 transitions, while being smooth as silk in all others. So far the dealership acknowledges the problems, but has no fix to offer and wants to wait for better guidance from Ford before they tear it down.
Exactly what I'm experiencing. I can also hear the clatter if I hold 2nd or 4th, let off the gas, then hit the gas again when the revs are in the 1500-2000 range. There is either something wrong with the transmission itself, or more likely, with the clutch pack that handles 2nd, 4th, and 6th. Seems to slip a bit in these gears as well, which may explain my poor fuel economy, especially in 6th.

Really hope this get figured out soon.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:31 PM   #535
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Picked up my 2012 Focus SE a week and a half ago. 650 miles on the car thus far.

So far, ownership has been wonderful, but there are a couple small issues that I've noticed:

- Bright spot in the paint in the center of the hood, about the size of a half-dollar.
- The right front seems to have developed a light rattle/clunking over some bumps.
- The driver's side headlight has a bit of the protective coating chipped off on the edge. Looks to be production damage.

I've taken the car to the local dealer to address the paint issue, still waiting to hear back from Ford as of today. The suspension clunk/rattle is new, though.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:59 AM   #536
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Its been almost 3 months and i still am waiting on strut bearings to come in...this is ridiculous and i shouldnt have to wait this long. I already had Natasha call them once and I need to get tsb on transmission applied but I was gonna wait when my part came in to do it all at once. This is crazy and I dont get why its taking 3 months for a part to come in.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:22 AM   #537
theos2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86607
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5Dr Sterling T/401/P/N/W

FF Reputation: 1 theos2 Good Standing Member
They are screwing you over. I had a dealer that refused to acknowledge the issue. I brought it to another dealer this morning. met with the Tech and went for a drive. I handed him the 11-11-2 tsb, that calls for the spring and strut bearing replacement. To my surprise, he recognized the issue, acknowledged that it was NOT a normal steering characteristic, and said he has done 5 of these in the past month. He looked in the wheel well for the spring tag color(green) and told me the parts take 3-5 days to arrive, and I should hear back from them by the end of the week. (maybe yellow or red springs take longer. ask which spring color they ordered, or look for yourself for a colored tag on the front springs)

CV6Z-5310-C Spring (Green Tag)
CV6Z-5310-A Spring (Yellow Tag)
CV6Z-5310-B Spring (Red Tag)

If anyone is near Columbia Maryland, avoid Apple Ford at ALL costs. They have no idea what they are doing on these cars. Everything to them is "Normal" characteristic and they will not fix it.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #538
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedleo View Post
4 times now, driving in the S mode, when rolling through a low speed right turn then hitting the gas, all I get are revs and no power. I drive in S mode at low speed, because the shift points of the D mode are too low rpm (for max fuel economy no doubt) and the car shudders before it downshifts when given the gas. Also the tranny makes a lot of clatter noise in the 1-2 and 3-4 transitions, while being smooth as silk in all others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones302 View Post
Exactly what I'm experiencing. I can also hear the clatter if I hold 2nd or 4th, let off the gas, then hit the gas again when the revs are in the 1500-2000 range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Picked up my 2012 Focus SE a week and a half ago. 650 miles on the car thus far.

So far, ownership has been wonderful, but there are a couple small issues that I've noticed:

- Bright spot in the paint in the center of the hood, about the size of a half-dollar.
- The right front seems to have developed a light rattle/clunking over some bumps.
- The driver's side headlight has a bit of the protective coating chipped off on the edge. Looks to be production damage.
Hey guys,

Please PM me your info (VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state) so I can help with each of your issues.

@bones302 - I see your PM in my inbox and will be working on those this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
Its been almost 3 months and i still am waiting on strut bearings to come in...this is ridiculous and i shouldnt have to wait this long.
Sorry you are still waiting on the strut bearings! PM me your VIN again and I'll review the order. Thanks!!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-29-2011, 11:36 AM   #539
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Interesting ... the clunk clunk noise when I go over a bump or come to a stop happens on my car. I assumed it was the dual clutch because I only hear it a slow speeds and assumed the car was shifting. I am pretty sure I did not hear it when it was new .. but I cant be sure. Other than that the car is really quiet.

So there is a TSB on it? How could I access the TSB's?
Old 11-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #540
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Natasha,

I've sent you a PM with the requested information.

Thanks!

Bookmarks & Social Networks