Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 47 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #461
JPopNC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88327
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium H-back

FF Reputation: 1 JPopNC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
I'm not gonna hunt for car reviews from critics bashing the Powershift and MFT,it's full out there.As for high octane fixing transmission issue ,this is total BS.If it's true ,it's because your engine has serious problems or there was something very wrong with the regular gasoline you were using before.

As for the roll-back, this can avoided by simply releasing the brake slowly to give a chance to the clutch to engage.

I'm fully aware there are critics out there bashing the car (besides yourself), but you directly mentioned results from long-term test and that's where I was asking for proof. Anyone can spout off anything, so if you're saying these long-term tests exists, I say "prove it".

As for the higher octane, it's not BS, it's fact. If my engine had serious problems, a higher octane wouldn't fix it, however if there are differences in how the engine is setup to run better on higher octane, then it will help.

The key to that it's a simple thing to try. If it helps, great and if it doesn't the person isn't out much.

This Forum is to try and provide help/insight to new owners, not just spew off the mouth with nothing but negativity. If you hate your car, sell it and move on. Take your negative attitude to Hyundai or somehwere else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #462
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPopNC View Post
I'm fully aware there are critics out there bashing the car (besides yourself), but you directly mentioned results from long-term test and that's where I was asking for proof. Anyone can spout off anything, so if you're saying these long-term tests exists, I say "prove it".

As for the higher octane, it's not BS, it's fact. If my engine had serious problems, a higher octane wouldn't fix it, however if there are differences in how the engine is setup to run better on higher octane, then it will help.

The key to that it's a simple thing to try. If it helps, great and if it doesn't the person isn't out much.

This Forum is to try and provide help/insight to new owners, not just spew off the mouth with nothing but negativity. If you hate your car, sell it and move on. Take your negative attitude to Hyundai or somehwere else.
What I said, was that in the beginning car critics had little to complain about the Focus and gradually we are seeing more and more negative reviews from the car.I read many reviews before buying the car and none were as negative as the one I see today.I'm not gonna post 50 links to show the progression of the critics opinions.

As for your claim that high octane can fix the problem this is again total crap.High octane will prevent your engine from knocking and will in no way affect your transmission.This engine is made for regular gasoline and should run well on regular unless it's been modified or has problems causing it to knock.If you want to burn your money with some high octane gasoline that your choice,but nobody should think this is a real fix to a serious transmission problem.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #463
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyB2770 View Post
First post here so bare with me. 2012 Focus 650 miles on it and it just started doing the shudder or skipping filling in first gear.
Hi BobbyB2770,

Pretty good for your first post! I see your PM in my inbox, and I'll review it in the morning.

Have a good evening!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #464
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Just talked to my local dealer and asked him why its been two months waiting for a part. He put me on hold and said that the place that has the parts shows having them in stock but not set the be shipped. He said his manager is going to call them and see whats going on.

I brought to his attention the key fob TSB and the transmission TSB and he said no problem on applying those updates when I get there for the bearing to come in. I asked him about the new MFT update and he said they just got the update in last week and he will update that as well. He seemed great but now its just a waiting game and making sure that they do all he said he would once it gets there.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:19 AM   #465
rcadd1ct
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88500
What I Drive: 2013, Silver Focus Ti HB

FF Reputation: 1 rcadd1ct Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
Just talked to my local dealer and asked him why its been two months waiting for a part. He put me on hold and said that the place that has the parts shows having them in stock but not set the be shipped. He said his manager is going to call them and see whats going on.

I brought to his attention the key fob TSB and the transmission TSB and he said no problem on applying those updates when I get there for the bearing to come in. I asked him about the new MFT update and he said they just got the update in last week and he will update that as well. He seemed great but now its just a waiting game and making sure that they do all he said he would once it gets there.
New MFT update?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #466
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcadd1ct View Post
New MFT update?
HUGE Update supposed to fix tons of issues and has a new look.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/07/myford-touch-update/

http://syncsupport.ford.com/servlet/...h-myford-touch

If you don't wanna read everything basically all owners will receive a usb with the update at the beginning on the year OR you can get your dealer to do it for you. It supposed to fix issues with freezes up and touch delays and other issues. Looking forward to it.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #467
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
I am at 13K on my Titanium. As far as hill assit .. I have an "automatic" .. and it works. If you are on a hill and stop by putting your foot on the brake, when you release your foot off the brake you have about 3-5 seconds of hill assist. That is more than enough time to get your foot from the brake to the gas. If you are not getting that amount of time there is a problem. I love the feature since a dual clutch transmission is not a real automatic and will have roll back.

The stutter went away after 500 miles. The transmission works the way it was designed up to yesterday. Yesterday it was sluggish up-shifting. I took it to my dealer this morning. There are a bunch of TSB that they are going to perform on it today. I will keep every one informed on how that goes.

As far as the MyFordTouch, if you have not had your dealer update it yet, it is something you can do yourself. All you need to do is download the files on to a 1 gig thumb drive and than plug it into the USB in the car. It takes about 45 minutes to upload into the car. the down load on to the thumb drive depends on your internet speed and some other factors.

The 2012 Focus is one of the most advanced cars out there ... and yes .. being the first one out of the gate there will be some bugs.

When I am driving the car it just feels like a car that costs a lot more. Ford is working feverishly to solve the problems. They worked so hard to climb to the top of JD Power and Consumer Reports .. and now they have tumbled.

Alan Mulally has taken the fall very seriously. In an interview he took responsibility but his comment went on to say ... I will paraphrase "The quality of the Ford products are right up there with the best with the exception of the MyFordTouch and the dual clutch transmissions. We have two items to fix. This is far better than having mechanical and engine failures across the board. With two problems Ford can focus on these two items and get back to being at the top again."

I respect everything Mulally has done. With risk comes reward. Some times with risk comes failure, but if you learn from mistakes you will lead the pack and not be a follower.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:10 PM   #468
JPopNC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88327
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium H-back

FF Reputation: 1 JPopNC Good Standing Member
gtncpa: That's a fantastic synopsis, just wish everyone else shared that same attitude.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #469
rcadd1ct
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88500
What I Drive: 2013, Silver Focus Ti HB

FF Reputation: 1 rcadd1ct Good Standing Member
Quote:
HUGE Update supposed to fix tons of issues and has a new look.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/07/myford-touch-update/

http://syncsupport.ford.com/servlet/...h-myford-touch

If you don't wanna read everything basically all owners will receive a usb with the update at the beginning on the year OR you can get your dealer to do it for you. It supposed to fix issues with freezes up and touch delays and other issues. Looking forward to it.

I have 2.11 installed.

update site does not show an option to go higher than that.

If I can update mine and get rid of the screen lockups, I would be happier.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #470
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Hey chum567,

I may be able to help with the part delay. PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state and I'll try to expedite it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
When I am driving the car it just feels like a car that costs a lot more. Ford is working feverishly to solve the problems. They worked so hard to climb to the top of JD Power and Consumer Reports .. and now they have tumbled.

Alan Mulally has taken the fall very seriously. In an interview he took responsibility but his comment went on to say ... I will paraphrase "The quality of the Ford products are right up there with the best with the exception of the MyFordTouch and the dual clutch transmissions. We have two items to fix. This is far better than having mechanical and engine failures across the board. With two problems Ford can focus on these two items and get back to being at the top again."

I respect everything Mulally has done. With risk comes reward. Some times with risk comes failure, but if you learn from mistakes you will lead the pack and not be a follower.
gtncpa - Your support is wonderful! Thank you very much!!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Bookmarks & Social Networks