Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 46 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-05-2011, 09:15 PM   #451
cbaldree
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88737
What I Drive: 2012 silver focus titanium Hatchbac

FF Reputation: 1 cbaldree Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
There is a TSB out. I think the number is 11-10-2. It addresses these problems. I had mine done and it is considerably improved though its still not perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #452
elrosser
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91515
What I Drive: 2012 Mettalic Gray Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 elrosser Good Standing Member
whats is a TSB?
Old 11-06-2011, 06:37 AM   #453
cbaldree
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Technical Service Bullen Ford sends to dealers giving them specific instruction on how to fix an issue. The referenced TSB contains instructions on how to flash by computer to update the transmission. Works great. Hope this helps.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #454
JPopNC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88327
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium H-back

FF Reputation: 1 JPopNC Good Standing Member
[QUOTE=Beepster;3882781]
those who on the first drive thought of it as not that bad and considered it as "Car of the year" are having second thoughts after a longer driving period.
[QUOTE]

Beeptster: Not that I'm discounting what you say, just interested in seeing those long-term test comments. Where did you read this???
Old 11-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #455
JPopNC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88327
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium H-back

FF Reputation: 1 JPopNC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by elrosser View Post
Hi I bought my 2012 Ford Focus SE back in June and I notice the shuddering as if it will stall. Brought it back to the dealer and as the others were told it would get better in time. Now it's November with close to 3,000 miles and it hasn't changed at all with stop and go traffic I feel it the most. I also experience the rollback as well. After reading all the post I will take it to the dealer again and again until we are heard. This isn't going away I can't afford to let this go.
elrosser: Have you tried a higher octane of gas yet? Did that for mine and the shutter literally disappeared.

As for the roll-back, it's to be expected unless you engage the HSA (hill-start assist). Since it's an 'auto-manual' it does have the tendancy of a manual to roll backwards if you don't have a foot on the brake.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #456
cbaldree
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

As far as I'm concerned it doesn't even come close to being "car of the year." I read where Ford went to 20th in quality ratings due in large measure to Focus and Fiesta transmission problems, also problems with electronics. I had to have my car in several times for the transmission. TSB 11-10-02 really helped but its still not perfect. Also I had to have it in for front end noise. They had to replace front struts and bearings. A TSB will be out on this problem in near future. Then on Friday in middle of rain storm my wipers went on the blink. Now holding my breath to see what else goes wrong.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #457
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPopNC View Post
elrosser: Have you tried a higher octane of gas yet? Did that for mine and the shutter literally disappeared.

As for the roll-back, it's to be expected unless you engage the HSA (hill-start assist). Since it's an 'auto-manual' it does have the tendancy of a manual to roll backwards if you don't have a foot on the brake.
I'm not gonna hunt for car reviews from critics bashing the Powershift and MFT,it's full out there.As for high octane fixing transmission issue ,this is total BS.If it's true ,it's because your engine has serious problems or there was something very wrong with the regular gasoline you were using before.

As for the roll-back, this can avoided by simply releasing the brake slowly to give a chance to the clutch to engage.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #458
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seldomseenkid View Post
Natasha, seriously how long are we to be patient, i miss work time everytime i go to the dealership not to mention it's a waste of my time.
I know it is trying, and dealer visits can be inconvenient. The case notes indicate Tammy left her direct line for you to call if you have any further questions, so I recommend letting her know you are still experiencing issues. If you have difficulty reaching her, let me know. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrosser View Post
Hi I bought my 2012 Ford Focus SE back in June and I notice the shuddering as if it will stall. Brought it back to the dealer and as the others were told it would get better in time. Now it's November with close to 3,000 miles and it hasn't changed at all with stop and go traffic.
Hi elrosser,

Please PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can help with your shuddering.

I look forward to hearing from you!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 11-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #459
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Is making us wait that long the smartest thing Ford can do???

I bought my car in June because I needed it in July and August, and we are in November and the car is still a worthless piece of junk.

So far Ford spent 5000$ cdn(probably more that 8000 if paid from my own pocket) of unnecessary repairs.Almost a month use of a crappy loaner.Ford promised me a 6yr extended another 1300$.And all the people who tried the car in the past 19 weeks who will obviously not touch a Ford with a 50ft pole.

Also I spent a lot of time thinking ,and for now the only option in my mind is to pay another 4 or 5 thousant for another once this pos is fixed.And funny enough the first car on my list is the Elantra.A few years ago Hyundai was pretty much synomymous of cheap crap.Today they are great value with a surprisingly good quality.When I try to find dirt on the Elantra ,the only thing I find are Toyota dealers bashing the Elantra and Sonata.Coming from one of the biggest car company in the world ,I think this is the best publicity Hyundai could ever ask for.

If Ford can't supply us with good quality cars,we'll go with a car company that can.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #460
BobbyB2770
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91584
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 BobbyB2770 Good Standing Member
First post here so bare with me. 2012 Focus 650 miles on it and it just started doing the shudder or skipping filling in first gear. Talked to the dealer today and the service manager says we know we have a problem just dont have a solution yet. He said to drive it untill 1,000 miles or so and see if it gets better. ( Told him that's the answer I knew I would get). He said there was a reprogram for it but my car should already have it because we just got it last week. Will be watching this thread for a future answer.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->