Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 44 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #431
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrawford207 View Post
I have had it back in the shop twice, once at Rancho Ford in Temecula and once at Vista Ford in Vista where I purchased the vehicle. I'm concerned about the transmission because it stalls when you start out and falls on its face. I will drop it off next week (Nov 4 or 5 and leave it with them until it is corrected.
Hi rcrawford207,

Please PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & the last servicing dealer so I can help. Also, I suggest editing your post to remove your VIN since this is a public forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssn666hawkbill View Post
Focus runs ok, now there seems to be a delay in sport select mode shifts..
Thank you for the update. If you left a message for him, Mario will be returning your call as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniart View Post
It was then that we noticed the shaking. It came on suddenly and was VERY noisy. I made an appointment to have it checked out and was told the same as others on here.
Got your PM, and I'll be reading it shortly. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1 View Post
Why else would Ford put a nice girl like Natasha on a full time job of soothing ruffled feathers on the WEB. She is so overloaded with complaints, that she even admitted she couldn't keep up with her backlog when her server went down for a few days.
Actually, I'm not overloaded with complaints. I also track order statuses, and research questions on different vehicle options. Social media is the best way to proactively reach out to customers. That's why we post on various forums, Twitter, and Facebook. Even though I was unable to access this forum with the servers being down, once it came back up, everyone was still excited to find out the latest on their Focuses. Should you decide to order one, I'll be here to track it as well.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #432
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
You all should check out the Consumer Reports review of reliability and customer satisfaction with Ford cars. It came out yesterday and is available on the WEB. Ford came out near the bottom of all car companies because of the Focus and Fiesta Transmission problems. So your problems are not just break in issues or isolated quirks. They are endemic to the transmission. I also read the Ford is getting a new 8 speed transmission ready for the Focus and Fiesta and that it might be ready by the first quarter of 2012. You all might have to wait for that new transmission and have Ford exchange the present one for the new one. I don't see any fix for the present one. Why else would Ford put a nice girl like Natasha on a full time job of soothing ruffled feathers on the WEB. She is so overloaded with complaints, that she even admitted she couldn't keep up with her backlog when her server went down for a few days. Also JD Powers, is not publishing their data for the 2011 Fiesta, which should be out by now. My guess is that the results are so embarrassing to Ford, that they don't want to mess up their relations with Ford by publishing such bad results.
So in other words,the resale value of the 2012 with the powershift transmission will be incredibly low!Thanks again Ford!

Found this article in Motor Trend that explains why Ford reliability took a drop:

http://blogs.motortrend.com/consumer...ity-18609.html

Good to see that it's not in our heads like many are implying!!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #433
ssn666hawkbill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12657
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Blue candy

FF Reputation: 0 ssn666hawkbill Newbie
they recalibrate mine the other day, they made it worse... in drive will shift at 4000 rpm, alot hire than normal or my shifting.... shudder more noticeable and now my TPMS is on all the time now, all tires are right and two lights on dash so its a malfunctioning sensor.... just a bad taste in my mouth with ford....
Old 10-27-2011, 08:38 PM   #434
Beepster
Banned

This afternoon I got a call from a new woman from the Ford Customer Relationship Centre.She started by saying that I was not entitled to an extended warranty, and only offered me a non transferable 3 years service plan that covers nothing more than the basic warranty.In other words ,she gave me nothing.Then she told me that the reason that my car was not fixed was because I didnt went to the dealership in 2 months.I tried to explain her that it was useless to go there as long no new TSB's were out ,but she still insisted on it.I finally screamed at her to call my service manager and hung up.
I can understand that she new to the case ,but seriously WTF!!!When we talked Service plans ,she asked me if I was gonna accept it.I asked her what Plan it was,she didn't knew and it took a good 30 min to call back offering me the cheapest one she could find.If Ford wanna be sure I won't buy another car again ,they don't need to work that hard.The damage is already done.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #435
Beepster
Banned

BIG SURPRISE !!!ANOTHER FU.....IN PROBLEM WITH THE CAR!!!

This morning was the first time I had frosted windows on my car.I start the car and put the heater on defrost for the windshield.I got out and scraped my windows and noticed that the rear window defrost was working.I didn't remembered putting it on and checked the botton and it was really off.Not sure if it's working all the time or the switch is upside down but I never seen that before.

Has anyone else got the same problem??
Old 10-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #436
likethekicker
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91267
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 likethekicker Good Standing Member
2012 Focus Transmission Lag

I purchased my 2012 Focus SE in May. It currently has 11K miles on it and the lag has subsided but is not entirely gone. It tends to lag from a dead stop and also low MPH to a quick acceleration.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #437
Cheryl Gonsalves
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91371
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Cheryl Gonsalves Good Standing Member
I also have a 2012 Focus 5-door SEL with under 1000 miles. The tranmission shudders during 1st gear acceleration; feels like its slipping. I will wait a bit and see if it "works itself out", but my experience has been that things that don't seem right always get worse, not better. I hope this goes away because the thought of some mechanic doing surgery on my brand new car is VERY disheartening.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #438
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Gonsalves View Post
I also have a 2012 Focus 5-door SEL with under 1000 miles. The tranmission shudders during 1st gear acceleration; feels like its slipping. I will wait a bit and see if it "works itself out", but my experience has been that things that don't seem right always get worse, not better. I hope this goes away because the thought of some mechanic doing surgery on my brand new car is VERY disheartening.
Cheryl,

What was the manufacture date of your car? Look at the Tag on the inside of the driver side door.

Montana
Old 11-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #439
jake1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88064
What I Drive: 1994 grey mazda protoge

FF Reputation: 1 jake1 Good Standing Member
question for Montana

Montana, I noticed that you asked Cheryl about the manufacturing date of her car. Do you think that Ford has managed to fix the transmission and that cars built after a certain date may now be OK? If so, after what date of manufacture do you think the transmissions are good? Jake1
Old 11-01-2011, 01:48 PM   #440
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Quote:
Montana, I noticed that you asked Cheryl about the manufacturing date of her car. Do you think that Ford has managed to fix the transmission and that cars built after a certain date may now be OK? If so, after what date of manufacture do you think the transmissions are good? Jake1
Hi Jake,

The TSB that was released on October 2nd 2011 addressed some driveability concerns for those vehicles that were manufactured on or before 08/12/2011. Mine was built on 08/11/2011 so I had the TSB performed. Anything built after 08/12/2011 should not have some of the issues that the prior vehicles had.

Montana

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->