Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 43 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-25-2011, 11:11 AM   #421
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,298, Level 35
Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowannaLuvMyFocus View Post
That perfectly describes what my car is doing now (14000 miles) after Ford replaced the transmission at about 9000 miles.
I see your PM in my inbox, and will be responding soon. Thanks for the patience you have shown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
We already had this discussion.My case was already escalated.Two persons,my dealership service manager and that woman from the relationship centre, both used their contacts and got the same answer.
Just don't want you to feel like I'm not offering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssn666hawkbill View Post
You have already told me you can not help because I have filed a complaint with the Maine Attorney General about my car...
Ah, gotcha. Sorry I hadn't remembered that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter K Mayer View Post
SSN, it sometimes feels like it's out of gas. And I have noticed that the average fuel mileage has been getting worse and I'm not driving THAT hard!
Hi Peter,

Please PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can help with your situation.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2011, 11:15 AM   #422
CourtneyNYC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86057
What I Drive: 2010 - Sterling Gray&2012 White Ti

FF Reputation: 1 CourtneyNYC Good Standing Member
>>>I could be just as immature and say "boo-hoo crybaby its a focus not a Mercedes"...

Thank goodness. My wife's new Mercedes was back to the dealer within the first 500 miles to repair a defective power steering pump.

In the last year I've bought a Porsche, Mercedes-Benz E350 convertible and the Focus.

The Focus is bulletproof and the Ford folks have been stellar in providing rapid and effective responses.

The dealer scares me to death and I'll never get near All American Ford in Hackensack, NJ again . . but at least I learned that early and have found a facility that does service on par with a Nascar pit crew.

I'm driving the heck out of the Focus, have about 7,000 miles in the first 60 days, and enjoying it.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #423
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
No sir, I wouldn't handle it the same way. I'm not here to tease anyone and I'm not going to be insulted by responses that don't apply to my statements or are full of childish or contradictory material. "unbearable...pretty annoying....far from fun" are not synonymous in my world. I'm seriously sorry for you, it totally sucks tor have a new car with an issue. But given the content of your presence in this thread, my empathy is reluctant at best
If you take a drive in my car you would understand my frustration.And the more it drags ,the more annoying it gets.Quality control is not something reserved to luxury cars.Every car go thru this.You seem to imply that we should lower our expectations by buying a Ford.That pretty much goes against the last Ford ad campaigns.My car sounds like a 10 yo SUV with a driveshaft out of balance.If thats what to expect from a new car,I should simply buy a used car and thru the same feeling for a fraction of the price.

You may think that replacing the car is bad business ,but keeping it on the road is not good publicity.The only good thing about the car is that it's cheap on gas,and the reason is that I don't use it a lot because of the problems.So I call it my 24 000$ paperweight.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #424
Grinder
Banned

Fan#: 85627
What I Drive: 2003 CD silver SVT

FF Reputation: 10 Grinder Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
If you take a drive in my car you would understand my frustration.And the more it drags ,the more annoying it gets.Quality control is not something reserved to luxury cars.Every car go thru this.You seem to imply that we should lower our expectations by buying a Ford.That pretty much goes against the last Ford ad campaigns.My car sounds like a 10 yo SUV with a driveshaft out of balance.If thats what to expect from a new car,I should simply buy a used car and thru the same feeling for a fraction of the price.

You may think that replacing the car is bad business ,but keeping it on the road is not good publicity.The only good thing about the car is that it's cheap on gas,and the reason is that I don't use it a lot because of the problems.So I call it my 24 000$ paperweight.
I didnt suggest you lower your expectations at all. Quite the contrary, I said it would be immatue. This situation is now understood.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #425
rcrawford207
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91195
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Ford Focus 5 Door SE

FF Reputation: 1 rcrawford207 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi Jellman123,

While it is true that the Focus transmission improves while it learns driving habits, Ford Engineering is investigating and actively working to resolve any concerns. While the symptoms of many posters may seem the same, the causes may be different. I would like to help you with your issues. Please PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, and servicing dealer information. I will work with you so you feel confident when driving your Focus.

Steddy,

There have been concerns noted on this forum, but they are not an indication of an issue that affects every owner. I am sorry to hear that the two you test drove experienced rough shifting. Ford takes customer satisfaction very seriously. We are assisting anyone having issues. I hope you reconsider and decide to purchase a Focus.

~Natasha
I have a 2012 Ford Focus, ID #1FAHP3K20CL174979 that I purchased on Aug 2nd 2011. I have had it back in the shop twice, once at Rancho Ford in Temecula and once at Vista Ford in Vista where I purchased the vehicle. I'm concerned about the transmission because it stalls when you start out and falls on its face. I do not like to drive the car because I'm not sure it will not stall and cause an accident. I took a road test with the Sales Manager (Pat) at Vista Ford with another 2012 Ford Focus, same model and it did not act like mine. Pat has ask me to bring it in and they will hopefully take care of the problem. I will drop it off next week (Nov 4 or 5 and leave it with them until it is corrected. I have a 2007 Ford Focus that I love but I'm not happy with the performance of the 2012 at this time. I'm hopeful this will be corrected but will not drive the car as it handles today.
Richard Crawford
Old 10-25-2011, 08:56 PM   #426
rcrawford207
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
I see your PM in my inbox, and will be responding soon. Thanks for the patience you have shown!

Just don't want you to feel like I'm not offering.

Ah, gotcha. Sorry I hadn't remembered that!

Hi Peter,

Please PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can help with your situation.

~Natasha
I have a 2012 Ford Focus, ID #1FAHP3K20CL174979 that I purchased on Aug 2nd 2011. I have had it back in the shop twice, once at Rancho Ford in Temecula and once at Vista Ford in Vista where I purchased the vehicle. I'm concerned about the transmission because it stalls when you start out and falls on its face. I do not like to drive the car because I'm not sure it will not stall and cause an accident. I took a road test with the Sales Manager (Pat) at Vista Ford with another 2012 Ford Focus, same model and it did not act like mine. Pat has ask me to bring it in and they will hopefully take care of the problem. I will drop it off next week (Nov 4 or 5 and leave it with them until it is corrected. I have a 2007 Ford Focus that I love but I'm not happy with the performance of the 2012 at this time. I'm hopeful this will be corrected but will not drive the car as it handles today.
Richard Crawford
Old 10-25-2011, 08:58 PM   #427
rcrawford207
Focus Rookie

Richard Crawford
Old 10-25-2011, 09:51 PM   #428
ssn666hawkbill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12657
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Blue candy

FF Reputation: 0 ssn666hawkbill Newbie
had ford recalibrate my tranny today, i realize how much of a joke ford dealer service reps are.... As i was complaining Mario from FORD customer service northeast called, i was too busy pointing out the many many flaws to answer my phone... I called him back 5 mins later and nothing and nothing the rest of the day.... Focus runs ok, now there seems to be a delay in sport select mode shifts... Thinking of trading my 2012 in for a 1975 chevy vega... Atleast i know i am buying a POS that way.... love ya ford.... We are quality control here, keep complaining to ford, without our complaints this will keep going....
Old 10-25-2011, 11:51 PM   #429
insomniart
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91203
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue Metallic, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 insomniart Good Standing Member
Shuddering

We bought our 2012 about 10 days ago. We do A LOT of driving in town and have put almost 1000 miles on it, already. During the first 450 miles the transmission was smooth as could be. It was then that we noticed the shaking. It came on suddenly and was VERY noisy. I made an appointment to have it checked out and was told the same as others on here. Let it break in. UGH! Well.. 550 ish miles later and it is noisier, shakier, and substantially more embarrassing to drive with friends in it. This is NOT what I expected for a new car.

Did any of you have smooth sailing that turned into rocky roads after a few hundred miles or were your shakes from day one?

I want to love this car.. so far, not loving it.

Suggestions?
Old 10-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #430
jake1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88064
What I Drive: 1994 grey mazda protoge

FF Reputation: 1 jake1 Good Standing Member
focus transmission

You all should check out the Consumer Reports review of reliability and customer satisfaction with Ford cars. It came out yesterday and is available on the WEB. Ford came out near the bottom of all car companies because of the Focus and Fiesta Transmission problems. So your problems are not just break in issues or isolated quirks. They are endemic to the transmission. I also read the Ford is getting a new 8 speed transmission ready for the Focus and Fiesta and that it might be ready by the first quarter of 2012. You all might have to wait for that new transmission and have Ford exchange the present one for the new one. I don't see any fix for the present one. Why else would Ford put a nice girl like Natasha on a full time job of soothing ruffled feathers on the WEB. She is so overloaded with complaints, that she even admitted she couldn't keep up with her backlog when her server went down for a few days. Also JD Powers, is not publishing their data for the 2011 Fiesta, which should be out by now. My guess is that the results are so embarrassing to Ford, that they don't want to mess up their relations with Ford by publishing such bad results.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.