Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 42 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-24-2011, 08:13 PM   #411
Grinder
Banned

Fan#: 85627
What I Drive: 2003 CD silver SVT

FF Reputation: 10 Grinder Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
If we were such a minority,Ford would have replaced our cars a long time ago.4 months without a working car is a long time after buying it new and cash.I never seen anything remotely as bad in my lifetime.I know what a new car is ,and what I got is not.
That isn't how this business works. It's never worked like that and it likely never will. You know that. I've been in this business long enough to know complete nightmares like the situation you explain are highly unusual. I've also been alive long enough to know that there is more to your situation than you would have us believe. Two sides to every story. Your experience is not representative of every Ford product and every new car service. You have the right to boycott them without shame. Equally you have a responsibility to acknowledge the abnormality of the situation and spare the rest of us semi-rational folks from your hyperbolic rhetoric.

I'm still baffled why you drove this car off the lot if all these issues were present from day one. The argument that you didn't adequately test drive it is more pathetic than any poor customer handling issue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2011, 08:27 PM   #412
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
I don't need to drive anything friend. You bought a new model with new equipment with new issues. We get it. Seriously. We get it. As much as you may not like to hear it.....you and others like you are in a minority. One by more than a few percent.
On second thought ,you are right.I should consider the money I paid for the car as a donation.With that money, Ford can work on new technologies that will make our lives so much greater.Getting a car that actually work,should be considered a bonus and not something we should expect.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #413
Grinder
Banned

Quote:
On second thought ,you are right.I should consider the money I paid for the car as a donation.With that money, Ford can work on new technologies that will make our lives so much greater.Getting a car that actually work,should be considered a bonus and not something we should expect.
Can you seriously read this and find anything at all reasonable within? I could be just as immature and say "boo-hoo crybaby its a focus not a Mercedes"... You have a warranty for a reason and its being utilized as we argue. Your car is safe and driveable. If you choose not to use it - the consequence is owned by you. Grow up! How could you possibly expect anyone to believe you handled your situation with grace and maturity if you behave like this in anonymity on a forum?
Old 10-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #414
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
I'm still baffled why you drove this car off the lot if all these issues were present from day one. The argument that you didn't adequately test drive it is more pathetic than any poor customer handling issue
Responding to this would defenitely get me kicked out of this message board.This was the 9th brand new car I bought in my lifetime and never had the need to do a long road test to find problems on the car i was buying.When I test a car,it's to see if the ride was sporty and confortable enough for my needs.If buying a Ford is now as much a gambling as buying a used car ,I will strongly recommend an independant mechanical inspection of the car before purchase.

It's not the first time you come on this thread basically telling us that the problems with this car are all our fault for buying this car.Well you are right and we'll make sure that nobody else will do the same mistake.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #415
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Can you seriously read this and find anything at all reasonable within? I could be just as immature and say "boo-hoo crybaby its a focus not a Mercedes"... You have a warranty for a reason and its being utilized as we argue. Your car is safe and driveable. If you choose not to use it - the consequence is owned by you. Grow up! How could you possibly expect anyone to believe you handled your situation with grace and maturity if you behave like this in anonymity on a forum?
My god,you couldn't recognize sarcasm if it hit you in the face with a shovel.

And this coming from a guy who don't own the car and comes on this thread just to throw oil on the fire.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:58 PM   #416
Grinder
Banned

Quote:
My god,you couldn't recognize sarcasm if it hit you in the face with a shovel.

And this coming from a guy who don't own the car and comes on this thread just to throw oil on the fire.
So im an ass for "throwing oil on the fire" by asking valid questions and making reasonable suggestions while you respond with sarcasm and hyperbole? GENIUS!

That most-impressive thought process also determined that purchase of this car is requisite for authority on recommendation or opinion.

Do you own velcro shoes, by chance?
Old 10-24-2011, 09:15 PM   #417
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
So im an ass for "throwing oil on the fire" by asking valid questions and making reasonable suggestions while you respond with sarcasm and hyperbole? GENIUS!

That most-impressive thought process also determined that purchase of this car is requisite for authority on recommendation or opinion.

Do you own velcro shoes, by chance?
Your only valid question is pretty much "Why we bought this pos in the first place?" and there's not one day in the past 4 months that I didn't ask myself the same question.This was my mistake and when the car will be sellable,I will trade it ASAP for something more reliable.It will cost me between 5 and 8 thousand from my own pocket but at least I'll have the peace of mind of driving something that will bring me from point A to B without any drama.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #418
Grinder
Banned

If you choose not to take my posts for face value its your fault, not mine. Deduct from them what you will. With your attitude I'm sure you do a bang up job. Some of these issues ARE characteristic regardless of what you find acceptable. Your experiences are not representative of the brand. Can we repeat facts until you absorb them or is that suggestion as unreasonable as your oh-so-useful flame posts?
Old 10-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #419
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
If you choose not to take my posts for face value its your fault, not mine. Deduct from them what you will. With your attitude I'm sure you do a bang up job. Some of these issues ARE characteristic regardless of what you find acceptable. Your experiences are not representative of the brand. Can we repeat facts until you absorb them or is that suggestion as unreasonable as your oh-so-useful flame posts?
You don't seem to understand that I'm driving a car that is unbearable to drive between 50 and 75 mph because of the noise and vibration coming from the front end.This means that if I drive long distances the car is pretty annoying and the chances of me getting speeding tickets are pretty good.The car is considered safe but far from fun to drive.Would love to say that the car is great but it's far from it.I understand that most Focus don't have these problems ,but from the beginning I was promised a quick fix ,a rental car and even a replacement.All things that were promised by the dealership and Ford apparently said no to.

I was a Ford guy.I owned an new 89 Tempo,94 Cougar V8,96 Explorer and 2000 Mustang GT.I then tried Acura,Nissan and two Mazda's.I decided to try Ford again and got a load of problems and promises.If you were in my shoes you would probably do the same.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:10 PM   #420
Grinder
Banned

Quote:
You don't seem to understand that I'm driving a car that is unbearable to drive between 50 and 75 mph because of the noise and vibration coming from the front end.This means that if I drive long distances the car is pretty annoying and the chances of me getting speeding tickets are pretty good.The car is considered safe but far from fun to drive.Would love to say that the car is great but it's far from it.I understand that most Focus don't have these problems ,but from the beginning I was promised a quick fix ,a rental car and even a replacement.All things that were promised by the dealership and Ford apparently said no to.

I was a Ford guy.I owned an new 89 Tempo,94 Cougar V8,96 Explorer and 2000 Mustang GT.I then tried Acura,Nissan and two Mazda's.I decided to try Ford again and got a load of problems and promises.If you were in my shoes you would probably do the same.
No sir, I wouldn't handle it the same way. I'm not here to tease anyone and I'm not going to be insulted by responses that don't apply to my statements or are full of childish or contradictory material. "unbearable...pretty annoying....far from fun" are not synonymous in my world. I'm seriously sorry for you, it totally sucks tor have a new car with an issue. But given the content of your presence in this thread, my empathy is reluctant at best

Bookmarks & Social Networks