Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 41 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #401
ssn666hawkbill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12657
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Blue candy

FF Reputation: 0 ssn666hawkbill Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
can someone explain this shudder to me????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #402
Grinder
Banned

Fan#: 85627
What I Drive: 2003 CD silver SVT

FF Reputation: 10 Grinder Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
You're more than welcome to drive to Ottawa, try my car and draw your own conclusions.I'll even sell it to you for 17000$ if you think this car is so great
After 17 weeks of BS it's funny how you ca change your mind on a car company.
I don't need to drive anything friend. You bought a new model with new equipment with new issues. We get it. Seriously. We get it. As much as you may not like to hear it.....you and others like you are in a minority. One by more than a few percent.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:39 PM   #403
ssn666hawkbill
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hey ssn666hawkbill,

Please PM me your info as well. I'm a bit backlogged right now since I couldn't send PMs without the server timing out last week, but as soon as I catch up, I will assist.

~Natasha
You have already told me you can not help because I have filed a complaint with the Maine Attorney General about my car..... i have a feeling ford's big bucks will win and i will end up dying in my focus cause of transmission issue.... my only car, i need to get to my doctors, i need my focus to run right, thats why i paid 28,000 for a new car.....lol but thank you anyways
Old 10-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #404
Peter K Mayer
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91158
What I Drive: 2012 Black

FF Reputation: 1 Peter K Mayer Good Standing Member
does it seem like it's dying and then goes, then de-celerates like it's out of gas almost?
Old 10-24-2011, 07:45 PM   #405
ssn666hawkbill
Focus Enthusiast

sometimes, it does seem to bog down and then goes, almost like a hick up..... i have lost gears before and sport select mode shifts for me half the times.... I think i am as frustrated as most of you but all i can do is laugh cause its that messed up.....
Old 10-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #406
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
I don't need to drive anything friend. You bought a new model with new equipment with new issues. We get it. Seriously. We get it. As much as you may not like to hear it.....you and others like you are in a minority. One by more than a few percent.
If we were such a minority,Ford would have replaced our cars a long time ago.4 months without a working car is a long time after buying it new and cash.I never seen anything remotely as bad in my lifetime.I know what a new car is ,and what I got is not.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #407
Peter K Mayer
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91158
What I Drive: 2012 Black

FF Reputation: 1 Peter K Mayer Good Standing Member
god, this is depressing. And I wanted to do a FORD commercial, bragging about my Focus. SSN, it sometimes feels like it's out of gas. And I have noticed that the average fuel mileage has been getting worse and I'm not driving THAT hard!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #408
jsmichael
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61254
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 jsmichael Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
We already had this discussion.My case was already escalated.Two persons,my dealership service manager and that woman from the relationship centre, both used their contacts and got the same answer.

Ford refuses to give me a replacement car or refund.The only answer I get is to be patient and the engineers will find a fix to my problem.In their minds there's no problems.The car is "safe" and under warranty.But I still can't use the car for the reason I purchased it(for road trips) and I can't sell the car.Also,the car is doing a lot of damage to the Ford company.For the past 17 weeks,many people have tried my car ,and after a few miles ,these people totally scratched that car from their choices.Isolated case or not ,just the fact that Ford allows this car on the road is enough to make people run to Mazda,Toyota,Honda,hyundai and others.

Ford may think that it's cheaper to put a little more than 5000$ in unnecessary repairs on the car and then just make wait until a fix is found.But the reality is that I won't buy a Ford anymore,people around me won't buy a Ford anymore and anyone who tried my car won't step in a Ford showroom for a long time after seeing what Ford calls quality!

I'm already screaming after too many people who can't give me simple answers.If you can't say anything more than what I already know,I seriously don't need you.All I wan't is the car fixed long enough to trade it for something less embarassing to drive.
I'd say I have to agree with you that Ford should have given you a new replacement Focus and then transported your car to their Dearborn facility for more checking.

This is yet another example of a company being "penny-wise and pound-foolish." Sometimes the people making the decisions at a company can't see the forest for the trees. Even if your car is 1 out of 100,000 cars with these type of problems, then Ford should have looked at the situation from your point of view instead of just writing you off as a lost cause. After all, what's losing just one customer?

Ford blew it, plain and simple.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #409
ssn666hawkbill
Focus Enthusiast

i wonder if that's why i can barely get 30 mpg even at highway speeds (65mpg) i get 31 mpg..... all my driving is country/highway and i never see anything higher than 32 mpg...... who knows, i have heard so many stories in the past 2 months on my focus, hard to know whats up and whats down anymore.....
Old 10-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #410
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmichael View Post
I'd say I have to agree with you that Ford should have given you a new replacement Focus and then transported your car to their Dearborn facility for more checking.

This is yet another example of a company being "penny-wise and pound-foolish." Sometimes the people making the decisions at a company can't see the forest for the trees. Even if your car is 1 out of 100,000 cars with these type of problems, then Ford should have looked at the situation from your point of view instead of just writing you off as a lost cause. After all, what's losing just one customer?

Ford blew it, plain and simple.
In my case ,the car had the vibration problem from the moment it came out of the assembly line.Considering that Ford charges us almost 1500$ of shipping and handling you would expect the quality control inspection to find such issues before shipping the car to the dealership.
In my lifetime I spent over 125 000 in Ford cars,but pparently that doesn't count.

Bookmarks & Social Networks