Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 40 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #391
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgrlida View Post
I have the same issue my SE was purchased on 8/18/11, I have about 1200 miles or so on it and have been back and fourth with the dealership and Ford Customer Service on this issue. Also mine already had a seloniod replaced so Im a bit frustrated, love the car but dont love the issues. Ford is saying the same thing to add miles to the car and it should go away, not good enough but at this point I dont have a choice so Im doing so. Anyone out here has the miles they request, 1500 to 2000 and has it gone away???
Quote:
Originally Posted by goseejoe View Post
My 2012 now has 1500 miles on it and the transmission is showing no signs of getting better.
When I drive this car on the weekends I use S mode and do all the shifting. I let the engine rev higher and that gets rid of the bog that D allows.

Now it has an intermittent problem of not going into 3rd gear. This has happened 3 times now and has pretty much convinced my wife we have a lemon on our hands.

This car acts like a 60's model that needs the carburetor overhauled.
We ordered this car and waited for it and now wish we had kept our 07 Civic.
Ford Motor Company if you are reading this please contact me.
All we are going to keep hearing is how this is normal , Here is the deal, According to a larger percentage of members here that own a 2012 Focus they do not have any of these issues yet Ford is electing to deny that a problem may even exist, Ford have you driven anyone's car yet that had these issues? The tech at the dealer verified mine but Ford classifies it as normal (The tech didn't though). If you find it unreasonable that you paid over 20K for a vehicle that has these issues then I would ask that you file a complaint with the NHTSA and I am even supplying a link for you Here. Ford will not listen or do they care what the customer issues are. You heard there is strength in numbers well if nobody files any complaints then we get exactly what we asked for nothing. As of this point in time there are a total of 7 transmission complaints filed with the NHTSA and I know there has to be more out there with this issue than just 7.

Montana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2011, 10:02 AM   #392
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaFocus View Post
Slipping when changing gears and stalling when taking off from a start. I have made an appointment to take it in to my service center on monday and they said it will take 5 hours for them to run tests.
Scheduling an appointment is the perfect first step. Please PM me your information (VIN, mileage, contact name/number and servicing dealer) along with the results of your appointment today so I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goseejoe View Post
My 2012 now has 1500 miles on it and the transmission is showing no signs of getting better. When I drive this car on the weekends I use S mode and do all the shifting. I let the engine rev higher and that gets rid of the bog that D allows.
I see your PM in my inbox, but I wasn't able to reply to PMs without the site timing out. I will respond soon; thanks for your patience.

Beepster & Montana - Cases I escalate are reviewed to achieve the best possible resolution. Montana, since you still have concerns, you may want to contact your dealer again, and PM me your VIN & mileage so I can re-escalate your issues. Beepster, I can only help if you let me. If you choose to accept my offer, PM me so I can forward to my contact. Thanks!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 10-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #393
ssn666hawkbill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12657
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Blue candy

FF Reputation: 0 ssn666hawkbill Newbie
my issues have been with the sport select mode, it will shift up at 2500 rpm's 50% of the time by itself and then there are the other 50% of the time where i can shift at any rpm, i can redline it and it wont shift up..... and on several occasions when slowing down to turn onto a different road, when i hit the gas again, i have no gears, i rev it and its stuck between gears, i have to take it out of sport select mode and into drive to get the car moving again very dangerous.... i have 7100 on my foci, still wondering when my break in period is met.... I feel your pain
Old 10-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #394
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssn666hawkbill View Post
my issues have been with the sport select mode, it will shift up at 2500 rpm's 50% of the time by itself and then there are the other 50% of the time where i can shift at any rpm, i can redline it and it wont shift up.....
Hey ssn666hawkbill,

Please PM me your info as well. I'm a bit backlogged right now since I couldn't send PMs without the server timing out last week, but as soon as I catch up, I will assist.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 10-24-2011, 04:43 PM   #395
IowannaLuvMyFocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88313
What I Drive: Silver 2012 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 IowannaLuvMyFocus Good Standing Member
That perfectly describes what my car is doing now (14000 miles) after Ford replaced the transmission at about 9000 miles. The service manager at my dealership agrees with me that something isn't right (at least to my face he agrees) but Ford Customer Service has been horrible to deal with, not returning calls. I had the same paper handed to me, telling me that this is expected behavior. I call it unacceptable behavior.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #396
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post

Beepster & Montana - Cases I escalate are reviewed to achieve the best possible resolution. Montana, since you still have concerns, you may want to contact your dealer again, and PM me your VIN & mileage so I can re-escalate your issues. Beepster, I can only help if you let me. If you choose to accept my offer, PM me so I can forward to my contact. Thanks!

~Natasha
We already had this discussion.My case was already escalated.Two persons,my dealership service manager and that woman from the relationship centre, both used their contacts and got the same answer.

Ford refuses to give me a replacement car or refund.The only answer I get is to be patient and the engineers will find a fix to my problem.In their minds there's no problems.The car is "safe" and under warranty.But I still can't use the car for the reason I purchased it(for road trips) and I can't sell the car.Also,the car is doing a lot of damage to the Ford company.For the past 17 weeks,many people have tried my car ,and after a few miles ,these people totally scratched that car from their choices.Isolated case or not ,just the fact that Ford allows this car on the road is enough to make people run to Mazda,Toyota,Honda,hyundai and others.

Ford may think that it's cheaper to put a little more than 5000$ in unnecessary repairs on the car and then just make wait until a fix is found.But the reality is that I won't buy a Ford anymore,people around me won't buy a Ford anymore and anyone who tried my car won't step in a Ford showroom for a long time after seeing what Ford calls quality!

I'm already screaming after too many people who can't give me simple answers.If you can't say anything more than what I already know,I seriously don't need you.All I wan't is the car fixed long enough to trade it for something less embarassing to drive.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:40 PM   #397
Grinder
Banned

Fan#: 85627
What I Drive: 2003 CD silver SVT

FF Reputation: 10 Grinder Great Standing Member
It doesn't matter what you have to say. Beeb is having a bad experience. He has the right to be upset and express his free market rights to support the competition and explain the motives for such support. If you suggest any sort of alternate tactic or suggest any method of concern resolution you will be treated as a representative of Ford. If his counter arguments frustrate you to the point of direct criticism or if he finds your suggestions offensive *sniffle* you will be given warnings of policy violation or treated as if you have no right to express your opinion in return. Moderators, please change the name of this thread to "All evil Ford Motor products are junk and this is your haven for relentless complaint". This certainly isn't a productive or informative thread on their issues!
Old 10-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #398
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
It doesn't matter what you have to say. Beeb is having a bad experience. He has the right to be upset and express his free market rights to support the competition and explain the motives for such support. If you suggest any sort of alternate tactic or suggest any method of concern resolution you will be treated as a representative of Ford. If his counter arguments frustrate you to the point of direct criticism or if he finds your suggestions offensive *sniffle* you will be given warnings of policy violation or treated as if you have no right to express your opinion in return. Moderators, please change the name of this thread to "All evil Ford Motor products are junk and this is your haven for relentless complaint". This certainly isn't a productive or informative thread on their issues!
You're more than welcome to drive to Ottawa, try my car and draw your own conclusions.I'll even sell it to you for 17000$ if you think this car is so great.
After 17 weeks of BS it's funny how you ca change your mind on a car company.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #399
ssn666hawkbill
Focus Enthusiast

my dealer has been horrible with my issues, it goes in tomorrow to be recalibrated.... i really hope the tranny does not need to be replaced..... this is the 2nd time they have looked at it.... Any issue with the transmission is a hazard, when mine goes out of gear I am left fumbling in the intersection and almost rear ended or side swiped.... I have seen several post of these issues.... sucks cause we dont expect these with new cars, but it is a new design... but with two little ones in the back seat I am scared as hell to bring them any wheres in my focus
Old 10-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #400
ssn666hawkbill
Focus Enthusiast

i have heard some people with no issues at all and people with tons of issues.... doesnt take much for a computer to screw up a whole car that is run by computers, happy for the people with good focus's but feel the pain of people with POS focus models....

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->