Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 39 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #381
visioncarpentry.nl
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90911
What I Drive: 2012 focus grey

FF Reputation: 1 visioncarpentry.nl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
its normal. It gets better. I have my Titanium Focus for almost a month ... and I am over the 3,000 mile mark. It did that in the beginning ... now it runs flawlessly! Its the quirky dual clutch. But once you get over 500 miles it keeps getting better and better!

Its not normal and it gets worse way worse... wiat for the grinding and fluid leaking between the engine and transmition.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #382
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,235, Level 35
Points: 3,235, Level: 35 Points: 3,235, Level: 35 Points: 3,235, Level: 35
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaldree View Post
The transmission is much smoother and shifts well. I still detect some shutter but at a tolerable level. I still hear a noise when the transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd, but not all that bad. The bad problem I'm having is steering noise when the wheels are turned right or left. I think this same issue is causing road noise problems at highway speeds.
Thanks for the update, cbaldree. Your CSM will call to follow up by 5pm Thursday. Have a good afternoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plink02 View Post
I also bought a new 2012 Focus this past Spring. From the day I drove the car off the lot, I noticed the transmission shudder. My hope, similar to many of you, was that it would work itself out. In September, after 8,000 miles and no change to the shudder, I brought the car back to the garage at the dealer (Prime Ford in Saco, ME).

My car has been in this position (front tires off, waiting for the snap ring) since Wed. or Thurs. 10/5 or 10/6. The message I heard last week from the garage is that this part is on backorder and Ford said it could be up to 3 weeks on the part.
Hello Plink02,

I know it can be upsetting when such a new vehicle needs servicing. Please PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by visioncarpentry.nl View Post
i bought a 2012 focus mid july and i am now experiencing this same problem you are talking of, however my experiance is much worse. my problem is followed with a grinding and major slip once the car is heated up, it does it when cold as well but its hard to hear. once the car has been driven for about a half hr you can hear the grinding and hesitation over the radio. its also accompanied by an oil leak between the engine and transmittion.
Hi visioncarpentry.nl,

Please call Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre at 1.800.565.3673 so they can document your issues and assist. If you have called and are still unsatisfied, PM me your info (VIN, name/phone #, mileage, & servicing dealer) so I can escalate to my contact there. Thanks!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 10-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #383
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Remote lock problem

I seem to understand that many here had problems locking their car with the remote after stopping the car and closing the door.

Did someone here got it fixed???

My service manager never heard about the problem and no TSB are out for it.And the "double click" trick doesnt work for me.It's not a key fob issue,because once the car lock ,after that you can unlock and relock it without any issues.

So if you got it fixed ,I would really like to know about it.

Thank you.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #384
ch2012
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90799
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 ch2012 Good Standing Member
I had the BCM and PCM replaced. My dealership said that replacing these would fix the locking issue and it did.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #385
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch2012 View Post
I had the BCM and PCM replaced. My dealership said that replacing these would fix the locking issue and it did.
Will relay this info to my dealership.

Thank you.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #386
cowgrlida
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91012
What I Drive: 2012,Gray, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 cowgrlida Good Standing Member
I have the same issue my SE was purchased on 8/18/11, I have about 1200 miles or so on it and have been back and fourth with the dealership and Ford Customer Service on this issue. Also mine already had a seloniod replaced so Im a bit frustrated, love the car but dont love the issues. Ford is saying the same thing to add miles to the car and it should go away, not good enough but at this point I dont have a choice so Im doing so. Anyone out here has the miles they request, 1500 to 2000 and has it gone away???
Old 10-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #387
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,235, Level 35
Points: 3,235, Level: 35 Points: 3,235, Level: 35 Points: 3,235, Level: 35
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgrlida View Post
Also mine already had a seloniod replaced so Im a bit frustrated, love the car but dont love the issues. Ford is saying the same thing to add miles to the car and it should go away, not good enough but at this point I dont have a choice so Im doing so. Anyone out here has the miles they request, 1500 to 2000 and has it gone away???
Hi cowgrlida,

Many concerns have resolved themselves once the green clutch breaks in, as your dealer advised. Please send me a private message with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can assist with your situation.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 10-23-2011, 12:57 AM   #388
ArizonaFocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91100
What I Drive: 2012 Metallic Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 ArizonaFocus Good Standing Member
Unhappy

After much research and many test drives of many makes and models I decideed to buy a 2012 Ford Focus SE. I chose the Focus because of how nice and quite it was when driving, amon other feature. I bought the car less than two weeks ago and one week in I started experiencing what sounds and feels like the transmition slipping and the car almost stalling. Slipping when changing gears and stalling when taking off from a start. My sportscar has a dual clutch transmission and I have never felt any sort of slipping or any problems with the the car at all and I bought the car with 12 miles on it. I have made an appointment to take it in to my service center on monday and they said it will take 5 hours for them to run tests. It is going to be very disapointing if I have to go though a long process of being in and out of the service center possibly over months to get nowhere. I really hope I didn't make a big mistake buying domestic. My experience at the dealership was positive till I got to the finacing department, that was the worst car buying moment of my life. I can't afford to have my car away for even 2 days. The sliping noise had gone from bearly noticeable to becoming increasingly loud. Hope the problem gets fixed before I get really frustrated, and regret buying my Focus, which I love except this noise, because its embarassing driving a brand new car that makes noises.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:30 PM   #389
goseejoe
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90776
What I Drive: 2012 silver sel

FF Reputation: 1 goseejoe Good Standing Member
transmission not engaging/3rd gear

My 2012 now has 1500 miles on it and the transmission is showing no signs of getting better.
When I drive this car on the weekends I use S mode and do all the shifting. I let the engine rev higher and that gets rid of the bog that D allows.

Now it has an intermittent problem of not going into 3rd gear. This has happened 3 times now and has pretty much convinced my wife we have a lemon on our hands.

This car acts like a 60's model that needs the carburetor overhauled.
We ordered this car and waited for it and now wish we had kept our 07 Civic.
Ford Motor Company if you are reading this please contact me.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:51 PM   #390
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goseejoe View Post
My 2012 now has 1500 miles on it and the transmission is showing no signs of getting better.
When I drive this car on the weekends I use S mode and do all the shifting. I let the engine rev higher and that gets rid of the bog that D allows.

Now it has an intermittent problem of not going into 3rd gear. This has happened 3 times now and has pretty much convinced my wife we have a lemon on our hands.

This car acts like a 60's model that needs the carburetor overhauled.
We ordered this car and waited for it and now wish we had kept our 07 Civic.
Ford Motor Company if you are reading this please contact me.
Don't get your hopes up.The closest thing you'll get will be a message from "Natasha" who will say something like:"I know this must be upsetting, but I am here to help. Please PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state and I'll escalate your situation." And if give your personnal info ,all you get in return will be the same you'll get from the dealership service manager and the Ford relationship centre.

First thing to do is go to your dealership to get the car checked.If you are lucky,it will get fixed or replaced.If not, they will tell you the BS about the break in period and that your car is normal.If it's the case,get a copy of the work order saying your care is "fine" and then start shopping to get a new car.This may sound a little extreme ,but I've been stuck for 4 months with a car that run like crap and I can't sell because of an open work order.

So if Ford think your care is fine and puts it on paper,do yourself a favor and get rid of it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.