Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 34 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-02-2011, 07:02 PM   #331
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
I'm sure you've seen, there's a Ford Customer Service rep on this site, so perhaps she can help you get a warranty also.

I don't usually propose repairs or causes much in threads about cars under warranty because mostly I work with the DIY folks with older cars. On this one though, I have a point to bring up. Inner CV joints can make horrid sounds like bearing roar- but louder. The difference is that when you have the front wheels off the ground and spin the wheel you'll hear a clicking sound similar to someone running a card through bicycle spokes from the inner CV. It could be that there is a manufacturing defect in the CV axles installed in your cars, and it might've been missed by the technician. Inner CVs also cause intermittent vibrations at highway speeds- typically worse uphill at steady speeds, then it will disappear when accelerating.

You're right though, you tend to catch more bees with honey than with vinegar. Maybe the next time you feel like taking your car in, bring some donuts before break, and ask them to rotate the wheels while it's on the lift to see if it's the inner CV. Unfortunately, they might've already done this, but the CV axle has not failed enough yet. I hope you get the extended warranty, and the problem solved sometime soon.
First of all ,Ford already gave me the Premium extended warranty . Worthless for me,but will help the poor schmuck who will buy my car in a few months.I'm not keeping that POS.

The dealership already replaced the entire left driveshaft,bearings and transmission.I already explained that before again and again.And because too much money was wasted for nothing,Ford doesn't want anyone to work on my car until the engineers find a solution.

So unless I pay for it,my car won't be fixed soon.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2011, 07:08 PM   #332
Seldomseenkid
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89757
What I Drive: Ford Focus SE 2012 Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Seldomseenkid Good Standing Member
Guys, i remember someone had posted a few days ago an address to post a Formal complaint. I'm unable to find this address. anyone have it handy? thank you very much
Old 10-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #333
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seldomseenkid View Post
Guys, i remember someone had posted a few days ago an address to post a Formal complaint. I'm unable to find this address. anyone have it handy? thank you very much
You can write to crccan@ford.com the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre.But don't get your hopes too high.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #334
Seldomseenkid
Focus Rookie

Nah i'm just prepping up a formal complaint letter in case they cannot fix my issues.

email ain't good, i need the hard address so i can send it certified mail with signing reception. Anyone have that address at hand?
Old 10-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #335
Seldomseenkid
Focus Rookie

This was the address i was looking for. thx guys

This was the address i was looking for ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmichael View Post
I'm not saying this to be a smarta$$, and you shouldn't have to do this, but at this point, have you thought about writing a letter to Alan Mulally at Ford regarding your situation with your Focus?

Typically big corporations respond more favorably to written correspondence as opposed to verbal or e-mail correspondence.

I did a search on the Internet and came up with this address:

Ford Corporate Headquarters
Attn: Mr. Alan Mulally
One American Road
Dearborn, Michigan 48126

Now I don't know Mulally from Adam, but from what I can gather, he is an honorable man who wouldn't ask somebody else to do something that he wasn't prepared to do himself, or hadn't done himself in the past. If he knew the hassle you've gone through just to get a reliable car that you've already paid for but don't have, then I bet he would personally deliver a new Focus to you and also apologize to you in person.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #336
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,155, Level 34
Points: 3,155, Level: 34 Points: 3,155, Level: 34 Points: 3,155, Level: 34
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by theos2 View Post
Yolanda was supposed to call me back after the service visit, but I have not heard from her yet....
The good news, right around 2K miles, the transmission has finally smoothed out. If someone can figure out this steering issue, the car will be flawless.
theos2,

I'm pleased your transmission has smoothed out. I reviewed the case notes, and Yolanda sent you an email Tuesday. Keep in touch with her and your dealer periodically for updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob460 View Post
I have an 12 focus hatchbackSE I have been dealing with the dealership ever since day one. The transmission issues and the hesitation issues and the steering noise issues and now the downhill assit is not responding correctly! I must say though that the dealership has been excellent to me!
Hey bob460,

I'm happy to hear the positive feedback of your dealer! Please PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can respond to your call for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seldomseenkid View Post
I will give them the time to sort this out; i am sure that if the flow of same problems keep on dropping in that eventually they will wake up from their corporate chair and take some action.

Let's be patient on this. We still have lot's of warranty milleage left, so let's just hang in there and see what they do about it.

I believe that we will not get anywhere by insulting or trash talking them.

Patience is the key! :-)
Thanks, Seldomseenkid! BTW, I received your PMs and will respond shortly.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 10-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #337
Beepster
Banned

My dealership is full of it!

This morning I decided to try another strategy to get answers and it worked.

I once asked them the list of parts that were replaced on the car.They told me driver side driveshaft,bearings and tranny.No mention of the hub or spindle.

So,because Ford doesn't want to pay for other work on my car ,I asked how much it would cost to replace the hub and spindle if I paid for it.I told them that if them of Ford wouldn't pay for the repairs,I would!

The answer was quick.They said they already replaced the hub and spindle!Funny,I asked twice and those were never mentionned.And they also told me that Ford engineers are changing wheel bearing vendors and a new batch is coming very soon to fix my problem.

First of all,I knew that offering to pay for the work,would make the dealership react,but never expected to see them to BS me about the spindle and hub.As for the new bearing issue ,this was mentionned here almost two months ago.Is this true or are they buying time because they don't know what to do with me ,I don't know.But the more I see this side of Ford and the more I know I'll never buy another one again.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #338
brandycrothers
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90607
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 brandycrothers Good Standing Member
Still having issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi dvandy4898,

I appreciate that you have worked with the dealer, and can truly understand your frustration. As the dealer advised, it does take some time for your Focus to get acclimated to your driving habits, and I am sure that can be aggravating. The dealer is correct that it may smooth out, but I do not want you to feel unsafe in any way. For you and anyone else that finds their shifting differences concerning, I recommend keeping in contact with your dealer to verify everything is functioning correctly. Additionally, please PM me with your VIN, contact info, mileage, and dealer so I can try to help. I want you to be confident in the safety of your Focus, and I will work with you to resolve your concern. Thank you all for your patience.

~Natasha
I currently have 5400 miles on mine, and it still has not smoothed out. My dealer says that they know there is a problem, but no fix. I also have horrible issues with the Sync and Nav freezing up, and I sometimes get a SD Navigation Card Fault error message before it goes blank. I have had the Sync update, it got better, but now it has gotten bad again. Anyone have these issues?
Old 10-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #339
Beepster
Banned

I feel bad for all the people with transmissions problems who can't get it fixed and replaced.My transmission was replaced for nothing and the new one shutterer only twice.
The original never had problems but Ford and the dealership agreed to replace it to try to fix my noise and vibration issue.And after that they were showing me why it wasn't the transmission when they were the idiots who replaced it for nothing in the first place.

Two days after that ,my salesman had the balls to call me ,asking me to give him a very good grade on the customer satisfaction survey.I hung up on him and wrote to the owner of the dealership telling him his employees were morons.

Can't wait to get those "magic bearings" and see if they are gonna end or not my nightmare.If not ,hope they will finally pay me a real new car!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #340
Beepster
Banned

I spoke too quickly.Coming back from the supermarket the transmission fell into neutral.I looked at the shifter and it was in "Sport".I slapped it up in Drive and went back into gear.Sport mode or Drive it shouldn't do this.

If this car is not a lemon ,I don,t know what is!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.