Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 33 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #321
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
The tech did test drive it and verified that it had the issue I was referring to, Ford Corp. is the one that told them not to do anything.
Then it's probably mimicking another issue, and that's the communication problem. I recall that you had the service advisor ride with you in another vehicle to verify that it didn't affect all the cars and wasn't a break-in issue.

I hope whatever is causing the problem breaks soon so it can be repaired and you can enjoy the car without having this bugging you. I don't know if I'd try to force the problem as much as possible so it would break under warranty or not. I didn't do that with mine, but I didn't avoid it either. Throughout the years, I did my best to see what conditions caused my shake, and learn everything about it. I used that knowledge to help others on here- but that's me. I can't really advise you to do something that I didn't do myself, but it is a thought. Doing things like flooring it when you have the problem, or tapping the brake lightly during the problem might help you to self diagnose it better, and you can use that when you take it in to get checked out again- this time bring donuts for the techs early in the morning before break.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #322
bob460
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90459
What I Drive: 2012 red focus hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 bob460 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Soooo many issues!

I have an 12 focus hatchbackSE I have been dealing with the dealership ever since day one. The transmission issues and the hesitation issues and the steering noise issues and now the downhill assit is not responding correctly! I must say though that the dealership has been excellent to me! They just can't fix it! If it is even fixable! I have had 2 "fixes" and neither one has fixed anything I am calling to get the car in for a third fix tomorrow but my question is is what constitutes a lemon??? I am really not happy with this car!!! I am so sad that my friends who are not ford people, and I am,get to rib me about "shoulda never bought a ford ya know?" I have always owned fords! and now what do I do? Natasha Help!!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #323
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
Then it's probably mimicking another issue, and that's the communication problem. I recall that you had the service advisor ride with you in another vehicle to verify that it didn't affect all the cars and wasn't a break-in issue.

I hope whatever is causing the problem breaks soon so it can be repaired and you can enjoy the car without having this bugging you. I don't know if I'd try to force the problem as much as possible so it would break under warranty or not. I didn't do that with mine, but I didn't avoid it either. Throughout the years, I did my best to see what conditions caused my shake, and learn everything about it. I used that knowledge to help others on here- but that's me. I can't really advise you to do something that I didn't do myself, but it is a thought. Doing things like flooring it when you have the problem, or tapping the brake lightly during the problem might help you to self diagnose it better, and you can use that when you take it in to get checked out again- this time bring donuts for the techs early in the morning before break.
I am not driving it trying to break it or anything like that, My normal driving habit is pretty aggressive anyway so no need to push it. LOL any certain kind of donut's they like?

Montana
Old 10-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #324
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob460 View Post
I have an 12 focus hatchbackSE I have been dealing with the dealership ever since day one. The transmission issues and the hesitation issues and the steering noise issues and now the downhill assit is not responding correctly! I must say though that the dealership has been excellent to me! They just can't fix it! If it is even fixable! I have had 2 "fixes" and neither one has fixed anything I am calling to get the car in for a third fix tomorrow but my question is is what constitutes a lemon??? I am really not happy with this car!!! I am so sad that my friends who are not ford people, and I am,get to rib me about "shoulda never bought a ford ya know?" I have always owned fords! and now what do I do? Natasha Help!!!!
I think lemon laws vary with state but out here in cali we have 3 for the same instance and they will file the lemon law. It has to be a serious defect though, I don't imagine the radio not coming on after 3 repairs would allow a lemon law filing.

Montana
Old 10-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #325
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
I dont expect perfection,but driving off the lot with a defective car,having three quarter of the powertrain replaced and then stopping for 2 months instead of replacing the hub and strut that are the only thing left, is stupid.If Ford doesn't want to finish the repair well they should give me another car.I shouldn't put my life on hold because Ford engineers are idiots!I'm starting to understang why Mazda decided to distance themselves from Ford.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #326
Grinder
Banned

Fan#: 85627
What I Drive: 2003 CD silver SVT

FF Reputation: 10 Grinder Great Standing Member
Cut the hyperbole I'm not saying its all the customer's fault. I'm also saying that some people have unrealistic expectations when it comes to how the situation will be handled. And if you think your analysis of how cost effective repairing an issue via service vs. a buyback voluntary or not is more accurate....well.... I'm sure ford would love to hire a new genius to crunch #s
Old 10-02-2011, 02:01 PM   #327
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Cut the hyperbole I'm not saying its all the customer's fault. I'm also saying that some people have unrealistic expectations when it comes to how the situation will be handled. And if you think your analysis of how cost effective repairing an issue via service vs. a buyback voluntary or not is more accurate....well.... I'm sure ford would love to hire a new genius to crunch #s
Actually I think I'll apply for a job at Ford engineering department.Because where I work ,if I would spend two months on the same problem without a fix ,I would get fired!And as for my numbers ,this doesn't include all the people around the unsatisfied customers who will obviously stay away from Ford vehicles.Ford is telling us that these cases are isolated problems,if it's the case,why are these clients driving these faulty vehicles?Just by stopping buying air time for their stupid commercials would pay off most of the car replacements.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #328
Seldomseenkid
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89757
What I Drive: Ford Focus SE 2012 Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Seldomseenkid Good Standing Member
Hey guys,

Beepster, i fully understand your frustration; hell i'm in the same situation as you.i have the EXACT same problems, FORD has yet to offer any extended warranty free (Which you were lucky to get).

I will give them the time to sort this out; i am sure that if the flow of same problems keep on dropping in that eventually they will wake up from their corporate chair and take some action.

Let's be patient on this. We still have lot's of warranty milleage left, so let's just hang in there and see what they do about it.

I believe that we will not get anywhere by insulting or trash talking them.

Patience is the key! :-)

Cheers

Seldom
Old 10-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #329
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seldomseenkid View Post
Hey guys,

Beepster, i fully understand your frustration; hell i'm in the same situation as you.i have the EXACT same problems, FORD has yet to offer any extended warranty free (Which you were lucky to get).

I will give them the time to sort this out; i am sure that if the flow of same problems keep on dropping in that eventually they will wake up from their corporate chair and take some action.

Let's be patient on this. We still have lot's of warranty milleage left, so let's just hang in there and see what they do about it.

I believe that we will not get anywhere by insulting or trash talking them.

Patience is the key! :-)

Cheers

Seldom
Patience take it's toll when the car was bought in the first week of summer ,so I would get a new car for a few road trips and I had to cancel everything because I spent my entire summer vacation in a really smelly and dirty loaner.The reason I got the extended warranty ,is because I complained to the Ford Customer relationship centre.I can only use my car if I limit the highway driving,because of the excessive bearing noise between 50 and 70 mph.Three months and still counting.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #330
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seldomseenkid View Post
I'm sure you've seen, there's a Ford Customer Service rep on this site, so perhaps she can help you get a warranty also. Back a few pages and there's a phone number for FCS in Canada, that's where you can get one too.

I don't usually propose repairs or causes much in threads about cars under warranty because mostly I work with the DIY folks with older cars. On this one though, I have a point to bring up. Inner CV joints can make horrid sounds like bearing roar- but louder. The difference is that when you have the front wheels off the ground and spin the wheel you'll hear a clicking sound similar to someone running a card through bicycle spokes from the inner CV. It could be that there is a manufacturing defect in the CV axles installed in your cars, and it might've been missed by the technician. Inner CVs also cause intermittent vibrations at highway speeds- typically worse uphill at steady speeds, then it will disappear when accelerating.

You're right though, you tend to catch more bees with honey than with vinegar. Maybe the next time you feel like taking your car in, bring some donuts before break, and ask them to rotate the wheels while it's on the lift to see if it's the inner CV. Unfortunately, they might've already done this, but the CV axle has not failed enough yet. I hope you get the extended warranty, and the problem solved sometime soon.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->