Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 31 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 05:02 PM   #301
Montana
Focus Enthusiast
 
Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 89448
Location: Ford Dealership, CA
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

Posts: 161
FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Grinder,

You are painting a picture like it is all the union workers fault, Yes in a union there are some good workers and some that are not desirable. In the end it is management that should reprimand the worker and possibly get rid of that worker or workers. I can't speak for Beepster here but I am guessing that he is a little upset in that Ford (Management side) is unwilling to help resolve the issues he has. I for one know that vehicles from all manufacturers will have some issues and what makes a great company is one that is willing to do what it takes to make it right with the customer(s) that are having issues. The line workers have nothing to do with the repair after it hit's the dealership. The dealer management and techs do in conjunction with Ford engineers. Should it ever gotten through assuming of course it had the issue when it left the line? Of course not and the person that checked it or was supposed to check it should be dealt with. But how do you explain the dealership and/or Ford having 3 months to address the issue and it not being resolved yet? I don't imagine the dealer management or techs or Ford engineers are union so that removes that one.

Montana
Montana is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-29-2011, 05:13 PM   #302
Beepster
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 88947
Location: Ottawa, Canada
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

Posts: 166
FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
Grinder,

You are painting a picture like it is all the union workers fault, Yes in a union there are some good workers and some that are not desirable. In the end it is management that should reprimand the worker and possibly get rid of that worker or workers. I can't speak for Beepster here but I am guessing that he is a little upset in that Ford (Management side) is unwilling to help resolve the issues he has. I for one know that vehicles from all manufacturers will have some issues and what makes a great company is one that is willing to do what it takes to make it right with the customer(s) that are having issues. The line workers have nothing to do with the repair after it hit's the dealership. The dealer management and techs do in conjunction with Ford engineers. Should it ever gotten through assuming of course it had the issue when it left the line? Of course not and the person that checked it or was supposed to check it should be dealt with. But how do you explain the dealership and/or Ford having 3 months to address the issue and it not being resolved yet? I don't imagine the dealer management or techs or Ford engineers are union so that removes that one.

Montana
Union worker or not,this car never should have passed the quality control inspection.And because of that ,I drove off the lot with a defective car and 3 months later ,I'm still driving it.It's usable,but the reason I bought an hatchback was for road trips and so far I had to cancel all of them because the car is unbearable on long distance drives.Ford gave me an extended warranty for compensation ,but it still doesn't give me a car I can use for the reason I bought it.

A lot of problems that could have been solved by a little professionalism at the end of the assembly line.And because of this ,me ,my family,friends and co-workers will stay pretty far from Ford for a long time.A lot of money lost just because of a guy who did an half-as.. job.
Beepster is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #303
jsmichael
Focus Enthusiast
 
jsmichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Fan#: 61254
Location: SW Michigan, United States
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Focus SE Sport

Posts: 64
FF Reputation: 1 jsmichael Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
I'm not saying you're useless here,but you can't do more than the customer service managers from the Relationship centre.They and the dealership employees can't do more than ask what's going on and then relay the answer.The only difference is that you'll may get an answer a little quicker than the normal 48hr delay we get from Ford.
After 3 month,I'm sure that everyone is well aware of my frustration.If it's true that engineers have been working 2 full months on the problem without any solution,I'm now trying to know how much longer I got to wait before Ford decides that I waited long enough.Still waiting for an answer from the dealership and the centre on that one.
I'm not saying this to be a smarta$$, and you shouldn't have to do this, but at this point, have you thought about writing a letter to Alan Mulally at Ford regarding your situation with your Focus?

Typically big corporations respond more favorably to written correspondence as opposed to verbal or e-mail correspondence.

I did a search on the Internet and came up with this address:

Ford Corporate Headquarters
Attn: Mr. Alan Mulally
One American Road
Dearborn, Michigan 48126

Now I don't know Mulally from Adam, but from what I can gather, he is an honorable man who wouldn't ask somebody else to do something that he wasn't prepared to do himself, or hadn't done himself in the past. If he knew the hassle you've gone through just to get a reliable car that you've already paid for but don't have, then I bet he would personally deliver a new Focus to you and also apologize to you in person.
jsmichael is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:52 PM   #304
Seldomseenkid
Focus Rookie
 
Seldomseenkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 89757
Location: Terrebonne, Canada
What I Drive: Ford Focus SE 2012 Hatchback

Posts: 19
FF Reputation: 1 Seldomseenkid Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hatchback Focus 2012 issues not taken seriously

Hey Beepster, i feel you. I've had mine now for 2 months and have the EXACT same issues you have.

Ford booked me an appointment for October 13th to inspect the car. They told me their aware of the issue and they will see what they can do. I will give them a chance.

I am noneless very dissapointed. 25K later i have a car that came out the dealership defective into my hands. Thank you Ford for such great quality delivery.

I should have went with my gut feeling and purchased a Mazda 3 instead. Too late now. Anyhow, i will wait to see what kinda fix Ford will have for me on these matters.

Natasha: you guys should really take these issues more seriously as they are NOT isolated issues based on the way we drive the car. They are on our vehicles since day 1 and have never reduced or dissapeared like you mentionned they would as the car was supposed to adapt to our driving. well 2000 Cliks later...same issue!
Seldomseenkid is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:04 PM   #305
Grinder
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85627
Location: Minneapolis, MN
What I Drive: 2003 CD silver SVT

Posts: 497
FF Reputation: 10 Grinder Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Montana, you are wrong. You choose to see it that way. I've had several reasonable suggestions in this thread in regard to the cause of these issues and what can be done about it. Nonetheless, I responded to a specific comment and stroked his theory with a little anecdote. It's all there in text, have another look.

It's all just speculation anyhow because the only people who really know what's going on is Ford. Eventhough they acknowledge the issue, consistently insist a solution is on the way and offer extended coverage to ease our minds I'm sure they are just stalling until the check clears the bank. Meanwhile, sensationalism and emotions fuel a bunch of reactions to this grand defective death trap conspiracy when all the while the fact remains that vehicles of a new breed have issues. Always have always will and no maker in the world is immune. The issues are eventually resolved and life goes on. Ford loses a few customers today and soaks up a few people pissed at their Hondas tomorrow. At the end of the day you can sleep satisfied knowing you knew it all and one of the oldest car makers in the world is plotting their next elaborate multi-million car sales scam on the infinately reasonable, gullible public.
Grinder is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:20 AM   #306
sleighman
Focus Enthusiast
 
sleighman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 89507
Location: Perry, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium sport

Posts: 82
FF Reputation: 1 sleighman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Grinder, Well said....
sleighman is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:46 PM   #307
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79824
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 4,193
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
im waiting on my dealer now for other issues. My car makes loud noise when turning the wheel so i have to replace my strut bushings and he ordered them but he said they are on back order. Its been a month and I'm still waiting to get it repaired.
Thanks for the follow-up. Please PM me your details and I'll see if the part can be expedited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
I'm not saying you're useless here,but you can't do more than the customer service managers from the Relationship centre.
Beepster,

If you change your mind on my offer of assistance, just shoot me a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seldomseenkid View Post
Ford booked me an appointment for October 13th to inspect the car. They told me their aware of the issue and they will see what they can do. I will give them a chance.
Hey Seldomseenkid,

I'm glad the dealer is working to resolve your concerns. Please keep me updated on the situation, and PM me with your information so I can help.

Have a good weekend!

~Natasha
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
FordService is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:48 PM   #308
Beepster
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 88947
Location: Ottawa, Canada
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

Posts: 166
FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Montana, you are wrong. You choose to see it that way. I've had several reasonable suggestions in this thread in regard to the cause of these issues and what can be done about it. Nonetheless, I responded to a specific comment and stroked his theory with a little anecdote. It's all there in text, have another look.

It's all just speculation anyhow because the only people who really know what's going on is Ford. Eventhough they acknowledge the issue, consistently insist a solution is on the way and offer extended coverage to ease our minds I'm sure they are just stalling until the check clears the bank. Meanwhile, sensationalism and emotions fuel a bunch of reactions to this grand defective death trap conspiracy when all the while the fact remains that vehicles of a new breed have issues. Always have always will and no maker in the world is immune. The issues are eventually resolved and life goes on. Ford loses a few customers today and soaks up a few people pissed at their Hondas tomorrow. At the end of the day you can sleep satisfied knowing you knew it all and one of the oldest car makers in the world is plotting their next elaborate multi-million car sales scam on the infinately reasonable, gullible public.
Whatever the reason ,Ford really has a major problem with quality control.Considering clients are paying 1500$ for shipping and preparation fees,there's no excuses for a defective cars to make it to customers.I just received a call from a Ford rep who says not to be aware of such a problem,I had to tell her ,that if there was no problems ,I wouldn't be fighting Ford for the past 3 months trying to get what I paid for.It was like talking to a voicemail service.

As long Ford denies the problem exists ,they will never get it solved.And this if costing a lot of sales.Nice ads are one thing,a good reputation is way better.
Beepster is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #309
theos2
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Fan#: 86607
Location: Elkridge, MD
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5Dr Sterling T/401/P/N/W

Posts: 201
FF Reputation: 1 theos2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeelpn View Post
I have the same issues since I bought my 2012 last May! It was making the grinding noises the day I bought it and already had new strut bearings replaced. One month later my strut bearings are making the same grinding noise and need to replaced again Grrrrrrrr! This car has issues and wishing I could get rid of it!
Same issue here. The first visit to the dealer, they claimed they could not reproduce the issue. Natasha escalated my issue, and Yolanda scheduled a followup visit. I drove the car with the Service Director, and he acknowledged the issue. He could feel the vibration and could hear the thumbing sound when turning the wheel to the left, or when correcting from left back to the 12 o'clock position. Great! I get a call to pick up my car, because the service Tech called the Ford Technical hotline, and the engineer there told him this was normal, and every Focus has this. I went back, test drove with them a Focus from their inventory, and the acknowledged that mine feels and sounds different, but they could not perform any work on it because Ford would not cover it, nor do they know what it could be. They basically told me I am stuck with a defective car, and can't do anything about it. 2 month old car with 2,000 miles on it. I small a class action coming shortly.

Yolanda was supposed to call me back after the service visit, but I have not heard from her yet.... Maybe at an upcoming autoshow, I will park my car outside and give test drives to people so they can experience a poor quality Ford Focus with their own eyes.

The good news, right around 2K miles, the transmission has finally smoothed out. If someone can figure out this steering issue, the car will be flawless.
theos2 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:31 PM   #310
Montana
Focus Enthusiast
 
Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 89448
Location: Ford Dealership, CA
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

Posts: 161
FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Montana, you are wrong. You choose to see it that way. I've had several reasonable suggestions in this thread in regard to the cause of these issues and what can be done about it. Nonetheless, I responded to a specific comment and stroked his theory with a little anecdote. It's all there in text, have another look.

It's all just speculation anyhow because the only people who really know what's going on is Ford. Eventhough they acknowledge the issue, consistently insist a solution is on the way and offer extended coverage to ease our minds I'm sure they are just stalling until the check clears the bank. Meanwhile, sensationalism and emotions fuel a bunch of reactions to this grand defective death trap conspiracy when all the while the fact remains that vehicles of a new breed have issues. Always have always will and no maker in the world is immune. The issues are eventually resolved and life goes on. Ford loses a few customers today and soaks up a few people pissed at their Hondas tomorrow. At the end of the day you can sleep satisfied knowing you knew it all and one of the oldest car makers in the world is plotting their next elaborate multi-million car sales scam on the infinately reasonable, gullible public.
I guess we just disagree then, Because I don't agree with you does not make me wrong. It just means we look at it from a different perspective.

Montana
Montana is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.