Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 30 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-28-2011, 11:18 AM   #291
jpaul
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89908
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jpaul Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
312 miles and mine stopped the shaking. Was never that bad anyway. Car is smooth and sony radio sounds real nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #292
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by s&hford_owners View Post
Our car now has 2300 miles, and that includes a 825 mile round trip to LA to test out the "oh, you just need some miles on it" theory. It didn't work, things are getting worse.

We will keep you posted on our progess...
Hi s&hford_owners,

Thank you for the patience you have shown. Please PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can review your situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seldomseenkid View Post
It seems that the new Focus is all about the looks but not the quality.
Hello Seldomseenkid,

I'm sorry you have a negative opinion of my contribution, and that you are having such issues with your Focus. If it has already been to the dealer with no resolution, I recommend contacting Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre at 1.800.565.3673 so they can assist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds1 View Post
wife say's it feels much better and smoother.so their might be a fix for you ,ours seems to be corrected. thanks. reds1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaul View Post
312 miles and mine stopped the shaking. Was never that bad anyway. Car is smooth and sony radio sounds real nice.
Hi reds1 and jpaul,

Thank you both for the positive update! I'm glad your driving has become much smoother.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Last edited by FordService; 09-29-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #293
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds1 View Post
Just got back from dealership with wife's car ,she and I both experienced the feeling of no "getup and go" with transmission,the feeling of going from 1st to 3rd and everything I've read in this thread that was transmission related. The work order said " Datalogger rd test reprogram pcm and tcm test drive ok". wife say's it feels much better and smoother.so their might be a fix for you ,ours seems to be corrected. thanks. reds1
I would like to know what they programmed the PCM TCM with, I mean revision number. They removed the last TSB for that issue.

Montana
Old 09-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #294
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hello Seldomseenkid,

I'm sorry you have a negative opinion of my contribution, and that you are having such issues with your Focus. If it has already been to the dealer with no resolution, I recommend contacting Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre at 1.800.565.3673 so they can assist.

~Natasha
To be honest ,he's not the only one who think this way.You always refer us to the Canada Customer Relationship Centre who also got their hands tied.They ask Ford about the situation,Ford says to wait and we get a ridiculously low conpensation for our troubles.The biggest problem with Ford right now is the quality control.A car shouldn't roll out defective from the assembly line and go straight to the customer.I'm in that situation and a few others got the same experience.The worst part is that nobody denies that these cars came out of the factory like that ,but instead of replacing the car ,Ford makes the client pay for it.This is totally unacceptable from a serious car maker.If bad cars are the exception,Ford should simply replace them instead of getting the bad publicity from those "lemon".The past 3 month have been a living hell and nobody around me will consider buying a Ford.
As long Ford will act this was way,the dealerships, the relationship centre and yourself wont be able to do anything to correct those situations.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:16 AM   #295
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
3100 miles and mine shake at low speeds and at idle
Old 09-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #296
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hey guys,

While I may not be able to directly resolve all concerns, I definitely make every attempt to ensure that everything outside of my scope is channeled to the best place for assistance. This is accomplished in many ways, from forwarding the situation, if in the U.S., to an individual’s Customer Service Manager, to sending the concern directly to a supervisor within the Customer Relationship Centre, as needed, if a customer is out of the country.

@Beepster & Seldomseenkid - As mentioned above, if you have not found resolution, please PM me the details & VIN so I can assist by bringing this to the attention of a supervisor within the CRC of Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
3100 miles and mine shake at low speeds and at idle
@chum567 – Has this been brought up to your dealer’s attention? Please schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience. Please also PM me your VIN, mileage, dealer/location, and contact info so I can get this to the CSM for your region.

Thank you!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-29-2011, 02:57 PM   #297
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Hey guys,

While I may not be able to directly resolve all concerns, I definitely make every attempt to ensure that everything outside of my scope is channeled to the best place for assistance. This is accomplished in many ways, from forwarding the situation, if in the U.S., to an individual’s Customer Service Manager, to sending the concern directly to a supervisor within the Customer Relationship Centre, as needed, if a customer is out of the country.

@Beepster & Seldomseenkid - As mentioned above, if you have not found resolution, please PM me the details & VIN so I can assist by bringing this to the attention of a supervisor within the CRC of Canada.

@chum567 – Has this been brought up to your dealer’s attention? Please schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience. Please also PM me your VIN, mileage, dealer/location, and contact info so I can get this to the CSM for your region.

Thank you!

~Natasha

im waiting on my dealer now for other issues. My car makes loud noise when turning the wheel so i have to replace my strut bushings and he ordered them but he said they are on back order. Its been a month and I'm still waiting to get it repaired.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #298
Grinder
Banned

Fan#: 85627
What I Drive: 2003 CD silver SVT

FF Reputation: 10 Grinder Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
To be honest ,he's not the only one who think this way.You always refer us to the Canada Customer Relationship Centre who also got their hands tied.They ask Ford about the situation,Ford says to wait and we get a ridiculously low conpensation for our troubles.The biggest problem with Ford right now is the quality control.A car shouldn't roll out defective from the assembly line and go straight to the customer.I'm in that situation and a few others got the same experience.The worst part is that nobody denies that these cars came out of the factory like that ,but instead of replacing the car ,Ford makes the client pay for it.This is totally unacceptable from a serious car maker.If bad cars are the exception,Ford should simply replace them instead of getting the bad publicity from those "lemon".The past 3 month have been a living hell and nobody around me will consider buying a Ford.
As long Ford will act this was way,the dealerships, the relationship centre and yourself wont be able to do anything to correct those situations.
You're right. The QC at the plant is a joke. But, that's what you get when you are forced to hire UAW. I was at a plant one time and the QC guy had a motto that was something like "if it gets this far, it goes on a transport". I thought "WHY THE HELL ARE WE PAYING YOU????"

What's Ford gonna do though? The UAW can screw up as much of Ford's stuff as they want and Ford can't do anything about it. I'm sure Ford would love to get rid of every UAW worker but the minute the UAW finds out about Ford hiring non-union replacements there will be a strike. Ford will deplete their entire cash bankroll in mere weeks of no production but it takes months to re-train new workers. The union has Ford by the balls and unfortunately, in situations like this the people taking the worst hit are the customers. As far as your goodwill is concerned, I'm sure Ford would love to give it to you but they have a limited amount of dollars allocated for this use each year and if they get a huge volume of irritated customer's....well.... more people looking for money than money available to give type of thing....
Old 09-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #299
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
You're right. The QC at the plant is a joke. But, that's what you get when you are forced to hire UAW. I was at a plant one time and the QC guy had a motto that was something like "if it gets this far, it goes on a transport". I thought "WHY THE HELL ARE WE PAYING YOU????"

What's Ford gonna do though? The UAW can screw up as much of Ford's stuff as they want and Ford can't do anything about it. I'm sure Ford would love to get rid of every UAW worker but the minute the UAW finds out about Ford hiring non-union replacements there will be a strike. Ford will deplete their entire cash bankroll in mere weeks of no production but it takes months to re-train new workers. The union has Ford by the balls and unfortunately, in situations like this the people taking the worst hit are the customers. As far as your goodwill is concerned, I'm sure Ford would love to give it to you but they have a limited amount of dollars allocated for this use each year and if they get a huge volume of irritated customer's....well.... more people looking for money than money available to give type of thing....
Ford labour problems shouldn't be mine.If they don't want to fix their mess,I'm going back to Mazda!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #300
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Hey guys,

Thank you!

~Natasha
I'm not saying you're useless here,but you can't do more than the customer service managers from the Relationship centre.They and the dealership employees can't do more than ask what's going on and then relay the answer.The only difference is that you'll may get an answer a little quicker than the normal 48hr delay we get from Ford.
After 3 month,I'm sure that everyone is well aware of my frustration.If it's true that engineers have been working 2 full months on the problem without any solution,I'm now trying to know how much longer I got to wait before Ford decides that I waited long enough.Still waiting for an answer from the dealership and the centre on that one.

Bookmarks & Social Networks