Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 27 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #261
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyNYC View Post
>>>a dozen people approached me about the car and after what I said ,they will buy something else.Seriously

I'm having precisely the opposite experience. I keep getting folks stopping me asking about the car. My wife and I have been driving Mercedes-Benz and Porsche, along with my old 2006 F-150, and folks walking dogs keep stopping to ask about the "new white car".
So far,my experience has been a 3 month nightmare and I dont see any signs of a solution soon.I'm not paid to lie.So when someone ask me about the car and Ford, I'm telling them my true experience.I was lied about people actively working on the problem,lied about getting a rental car and lied about a car replacement.

I'm normally proud of the car I'm driving.This car is an embarassement and won't keep it long once this will be over!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #262
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
I'm normally proud of my cars and normally hide this kind of issue.But after a month of driving a loaner,it's hard to hide that the car as a major issue.
I feel what you are going through. I am normally the same way with my cars, but there is no hiding this one when I am driving a loaner Explorer for 5 days!

I haven't been able to be comfortable with the car for 4 months now.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:39 PM   #263
ABFORDGUY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89202
What I Drive: '90 Miata wife has the 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 2 ABFORDGUY Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
I feel what you are going through. I am normally the same way with my cars, but there is no hiding this one when I am driving a loaner Explorer for 5 days!

I haven't been able to be comfortable with the car for 4 months now.
At least you got a loaner Explorer, I got a base model Hyundai Accent, while my unfixable Titanium sits at the dealership (my work). It is so emberassing being a FORD employee and explaining to everyone why I am driving a Hyundai!
Old 09-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #264
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABFORDGUY View Post
At least you got a loaner Explorer, I got a base model Hyundai Accent, while my unfixable Titanium sits at the dealership (my work). It is so emberassing being a FORD employee and explaining to everyone why I am driving a Hyundai!
Where are they getting loaner cars? Since Ford has eliminated the rental car support for dealerships, we are sent down to Enterprise. Sad part is I have been in there so much for rentals because of these problems that they know I want a Ford vehicle, so they do. Technically, with the contract Ford has with Enterprise, they are supposed to give you a Ford vehicle.

Don't get me started on how stupid this was to eliminate the Ford rental car system for dealers. Another inconvienence for customers to deal with Enterprise.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:47 PM   #265
ABFORDGUY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89202
What I Drive: '90 Miata wife has the 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 2 ABFORDGUY Good Standing Member
Every dealership is different, we use BUDGET here
Old 09-21-2011, 05:01 PM   #266
Beepster
Banned

The loaner I got was an 09 Focus that was full of dog hair and had big dealership lettering on all 4 sides of the car.Very embarassing and hard to hide.I drove that POS for a month,I was getting a headache everytime I got in it because of the terrible wet dog smell.Then they called me to say that the driveshaft,bearings and transmission they changed for nothing didn't change anything to my noise problem and because a TSB was release ,they would stop working on it.They gave me the choice between keeping the loaner(hell no),getting a rental car(the changed their mind when Ford said NO) or take back my so called "safe to drive car".Those engineers have supposedly been working 6 weeks on my problem.Yeah thats BS.If it was true they would have been fired by now!The truth is that never even looked at it.And I really wonder how they will find the solution to a problem they don't have in front of them???If one day,by some stupid f... n miracle they do find the problem.The first thing I'll do ,will be to drive at the first Mazda dealership to get a car that was assembled by some people who know how to make cars!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #267
CAFordDriver
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90115
What I Drive: 2012, Blu, SE

FF Reputation: 1 CAFordDriver Good Standing Member
Hello,

I'm new to the Forum. I recently bought a 2012 Ford Focus SE Manual I noticed several issues that might be problems. I was hoping that someone with more car knowledge than me can offer some insight.

When I drive at low speeds I hear a light grinding noise.
Also when accelerating from a stop or moving very slow the car jerks someone hard
When the car is idle there is some rumbling and vibration

I let the dealership know and they said I might not be use to the six speed transmition because there's a lot going on at once. They said if there is something wrong, they can make adjustments during my service, but I don't think I want to wait that long.

Any advice?

Thank you
Old 09-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #268
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAFordDriver View Post
Hello,

I'm new to the Forum. I recently bought a 2012 Ford Focus SE Manual I noticed several issues that might be problems. I was hoping that someone with more car knowledge than me can offer some insight.

When I drive at low speeds I hear a light grinding noise.
Also when accelerating from a stop or moving very slow the car jerks someone hard
When the car is idle there is some rumbling and vibration

I let the dealership know and they said I might not be use to the six speed transmition because there's a lot going on at once. They said if there is something wrong, they can make adjustments during my service, but I don't think I want to wait that long.

Any advice?

Thank you
You say your car is a Manual transmission but you talk about the six speed.Which is it?There are no 6 speed manual transmission in 2012 Focus.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:07 AM   #269
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
They said it was. I think the dealer told him he has to get use to the dual clutch
Old 09-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #270
blacktoe
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90125
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue SEL

FF Reputation: 1 blacktoe Good Standing Member
I too am experiencing some minor transmission irregularities. I get a slight vibration sound at low speed shifting (sort of like the catalyic converter rattling), doesn't occur when using a bit more acceleration power. I also get a slight shuddering when in idiling in reverse (this is due to the clutches disengaing/reengaging) and is not a problem with the transmission.

I have also had the My Ford Touch system lock up and "reboot" a couple of times. Occasionally when I start the the car I get the warning mesage about not using the system while driving (I hope that it is not supposed to do this).

I am also getting a whine at highway speeds I cannot tell exactly where it is coming from (I hope that it is not a transmission noise).

Overall I am very pleased with my car I have about 2200 miles on it and am getting decent mileage economy.

I will mention the problems to the dealership next time I am in, unless it gets worse.

Bookmarks & Social Networks