Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 25 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #241
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
Who is this? a new ford rep person? or a rando asking for ppls vin? Natasha can you verify?
Absolutely, BigJay! No randoms here, Jaclyn is on our In-Vehicle technology team. She handles all the tech questions for SYNC, MFT, and other related equipment. Thanks for asking!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #242
CourtneyNYC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86057
What I Drive: 2010 - Sterling Gray&2012 White Ti

FF Reputation: 1 CourtneyNYC Good Standing Member
I think it's fabulous to see Ford taking such a proactive approach. I was with a major American manufacturer for years (we hired 5 of Ford's Vice Presidents and did a major strategic alliance with Ford) and those were the days of building walls around the company.

For a great read on some of the new thinking in the world of Customer Service (my personal specialty) read "You Will Be Satisfied" by Bob Tasca (one of Ford's most famed dealers)

http://www.amazon.com/You-Will-Satis.../dp/0887308597
Old 09-15-2011, 03:31 PM   #243
Amajoh
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89898
What I Drive: 2011 Ford Focus Titatium

FF Reputation: 1 Amajoh Good Standing Member
Hi Natasha,

My 2012 focus titatium has 5000 miles already and i am experience the same problem of dvandy4898, it sputter and hesitate, now it feels really lazy. I really like the car, very comfortable and nice handleling.

What can I do?
Old 09-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #244
ssn666hawkbill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12657
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Blue candy

FF Reputation: 0 ssn666hawkbill Newbie
the one major issue I have had when i go to standard shift is so far in 2 weeks, in 6 different times, it feels like it slips out of gear, almost in neutral, cant up shift or down shift and only comes out of the dead slip when i go from Standard mode to automatic mode.... i got 2500 miles on it and it is starting to bug me, also in standard mode, when taking off sometimes it shifts it self.... is it supposed to do that????
Old 09-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #245
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssn666hawkbill View Post
the one major issue I have had when i go to standard shift is so far in 2 weeks, in 6 different times, it feels like it slips out of gear, almost in neutral, cant up shift or down shift and only comes out of the dead slip when i go from Standard mode to automatic mode.... i got 2500 miles on it and it is starting to bug me, also in standard mode, when taking off sometimes it shifts it self.... is it supposed to do that????
ssn666hawkbill,

The S is not really for standard mode as it is sport mode. It will shift on it's own just at a higher speed/rpm.

Montana
Old 09-17-2011, 11:28 PM   #246
ssn666hawkbill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12657
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Blue candy

FF Reputation: 0 ssn666hawkbill Newbie
it shifts at low rpm's and only sometimes....
Old 09-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #247
Coastiegirl79
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89966
What I Drive: 2012, Red Candy Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Coastiegirl79 Good Standing Member
Shuddering/Squeaking

I just purchased a 2012 Ford Focus 5-door SEL. I had friends in the car yesterday and they felt the shudder, too. I have approximately 500 miles on the car. It is getting less prevalent, but it's still there. I have been reading the threads on this forum, and I am hoping that as I put miles on the car, it adjusts. I am still going to mention it to the Ford mechanic so he is aware of the problem.

I do have one question. When I start the car with the air conditioner on, it makes a squeaking noise. The car is brand new. I have only had it for three weeks. Any thoughts on what this could be? I'm taking it back to the dealership Monday, but I was hoping someone on here could give me an idea as to what could be causing the car to make that noise.

Thank you for your input!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #248
jake1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88064
What I Drive: 1994 grey mazda protoge

FF Reputation: 1 jake1 Good Standing Member
Wow. Last time I checked this site there were only 11 or so pages. Now we are up to page 21. Ford knows there is a problem with the transmission. I have read 3 articles that they are going to change the Focus and Fiesta transmission next year if possible. They just won't admit the problem and they think that Natasha can keep the folks calm just by being nice. I checked the NHSTA web site, however, and there is not a single complaint about the transmission on that site. You folks with problems need to access that site and file a complaint with NHSTA. Even though it is a US government site, I think Canadians can also file a complaint there. It is real easy to do and will put some pressure on Ford to help all of you out. Meanwhile, I am not buying a Focus and am hoping that my 94 Mazda holds out until some one out there makes a small car I like or until Ford's new transmission is ready and works well.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:38 AM   #249
Kgp0414
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90001
What I Drive: 2012, white,se

FF Reputation: 1 Kgp0414 Good Standing Member
Problem

I just bought a 2012 focus and have been having the same problems with it not wanting to go when you push the gas. I took it back to the dealer who have been wonderful about the problem, but aren't real sure what was causing it. I love the car, but I'm not real excited about having a new car that is going to jump and hop every time I take off. The dealer told me the same thing about putting miles on it. I now have 2300 miles just picked it up from the shop and it's still doing the same thing. It also has been doing weird things like the radio stays when you get out and close the door. the hazard lights come on by their self and the alarm also comes on by it's self! I just want my new car to run right so I don't have to worry when I am driving my 5 year old daughter around.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:48 AM   #250
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyNYC View Post
I think it's fabulous to see Ford taking such a proactive approach.
Hi CourtneyNYC,

Thank you so much for the feedback, it is very appreciated! That is a great link, thank you for providing it! I shared it with the rest of my team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amajoh View Post
Hi Natasha,

My 2012 focus titatium has 5000 miles already and i am experience the same problem of dvandy4898, it sputter and hesitate, now it feels really lazy. I really like the car, very comfortable and nice handleling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssn666hawkbill View Post
i got 2500 miles on it and it is starting to bug me, also in standard mode, when taking off sometimes it shifts it self.... is it supposed to do that????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastiegirl79 View Post
I just purchased a 2012 Ford Focus 5-door SEL. I had friends in the car yesterday and they felt the shudder, too. I have approximately 500 miles on the car. It is getting less prevalent, but it's still there.

I do have one question. When I start the car with the air conditioner on, it makes a squeaking noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgp0414 View Post
I just bought a 2012 focus and have been having the same problems with it not wanting to go when you push the gas. I now have 2300 miles just picked it up from the shop and it's still doing the same thing. It also has been doing weird things like the radio stays when you get out and close the door. the hazard lights come on by their self and the alarm also comes on by it's self!

Good morning everyone!

Since you are concerned about the shuddering, the best step is to visit your local dealer for diagnosis. They will be able to ease your worries. Most situations have been resolved once the transmission adapts and the clutch breaks in. Coastiegirl79, that is beneficial that yours is already improving, and you have the right idea of making them aware of it. They will also be able to check out your A/C noise. If the dealer is unable to assist, please PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can help. Have a good day!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Bookmarks & Social Networks