Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 24 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-13-2011, 07:00 PM   #231
BigJay
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88323
What I Drive: 2012 Focus hatch SEL, sonic blue

FF Reputation: 1 BigJay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Will a trip over 150 miles void ur warrenty or something? what will happen? tranny explosion? i realize its not the best place to be but maybe if it explodes they'll give u a new one :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #232
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
Will a trip over 150 miles void ur warrenty or something? what will happen? tranny explosion? i realize its not the best place to be but maybe if it explodes they'll give u a new one :P
150 miles is the distance between me and my family.At highway speed the car is very noisy between 50 and 80 miles perhour.To make the trip bearable,I put the cruise control at 75MPH with the radio very loud.If I get a speeding ticket ,blaming it on Ford won't get me out of it.Also the vibration and noise means that abnormal wear is created and this will eventually cause serious damage.So to minimize the damages,I set myself this limit.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #233
Neekit
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85377
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow blaze SE hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Neekit Good Standing Member
I have about 6000 miles on the car and since i have had it i have had a few shutters but i think its gone now...other than that i have some stains on my roof from the headliner glue. These are some few miner issues with the car but overall i love the car i think its great. Depending on the price and fuel economy of the ST i might trade this in for it.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #234
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Beepster, I hope you get everything worked out. There are alot of people here defending Ford, which is their right, but doesn't mean your concerns aren't valid.

I have experienced much of what you have, agree with your concerns and comments. My car has had problems from day 1. I was confident that Ford could resolve the problems, having owned 19 Fords in the past and very minimal problems with Ford. I was one of Ford's biggest fans and supporters, bought 5 new vehicles from them during the last 8 years. Have given them 12-15 referrals of people that have bought Fords from my workplace or friends. All my immediate family drives Fords.

My problem isn't only the actual issues with the car.....it's the way Ford and the dealership has handeled the issues. Other then Natasha (which she only has so much leverage) they have been poor communicators and very slow to come up with real solutions to the problems. What they have tried to fix on the car, they have failed at it, or the car came back in worse condition then it went. They just replaced the headliner for the sunroof adheasive failure and had to gut the interior and take off a door to get it out. What do you know, I go to pick it up tonight, headliner has 2 creases in it, big nice scratch in the door sill, rear dome light will not turn off, and passenger side window (door they took off) doesn't work properly. They have had my car since Thursday and I left it there tonight after they told me the car was ready to pick up. It's been going on for 3 months with unresolved issues on my vehicle, and I have had enough of my time, resources, and stress excerted on this situation.

Anyway, they can say what they want, but they aren't in the same boat. When others have to deal with the poor Ford customer service, and be without their vehicle, maybe their opinions will change.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #235
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
Beepster, I hope you get everything worked out. There are alot of people here defending Ford, which is their right, but doesn't mean your concerns aren't valid.

I have experienced much of what you have, agree with your concerns and comments. My car has had problems from day 1. I was confident that Ford could resolve the problems, having owned 19 Fords in the past and very minimal problems with Ford. I was one of Ford's biggest fans and supporters, bought 5 new vehicles from them during the last 8 years. Have given them 12-15 referrals of people that have bought Fords from my workplace or friends. All my immediate family drives Fords.

My problem isn't only the actual issues with the car.....it's the way Ford and the dealership has handeled the issues. Other then Natasha (which she only has so much leverage) they have been poor communicators and very slow to come up with real solutions to the problems. What they have tried to fix on the car, they have failed at it, or the car came back in worse condition then it went. They just replaced the headliner for the sunroof adheasive failure and had to gut the interior and take off a door to get it out. What do you know, I go to pick it up tonight, headliner has 2 creases in it, big nice scratch in the door sill, rear dome light will not turn off, and passenger side window (door they took off) doesn't work properly. They have had my car since Thursday and I left it there tonight after they told me the car was ready to pick up. It's been going on for 3 months with unresolved issues on my vehicle, and I have had enough of my time, resources, and stress excerted on this situation.

Anyway, they can say what they want, but they aren't in the same boat. When others have to deal with the poor Ford customer service, and be without their vehicle, maybe their opinions will change.
Funny enough ,I defended Ford for many years.My first car was a brand new 1989 Tempo with a manual transmission.People were laughing at me for buying it,but it was one of the most fuel efficient car I ever had.And other than minor issues,the car was very reliable.After that I had a 1994 Mercury Cougar V8,1996 Explorer and a 2000 Mustang GT with no problems.Then I tried Acura,Nissan and was not impressed.After I went with a Mazda3 and Mazda6 and was very satisfied with the cars and service.I decided to go back to Ford because the Focus was a few thousand dollars cheaper than the Mazda3.But with all the problems I got now ,I totally regret not sticking with Mazda.If Ford had balls like some other car company ,they would have a satisfaction warranty.But they don't ,so I'm prisonner of a car that I can't fully use and that I can't even get rid off.

Thank You Ford,I'll remember that one for a long time!
Old 09-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #236
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyNYC View Post
Well today . . . with the Focus Titanium a mere 3 weeks old . . was my day.

The screen went black for about 5 minutes the other day but a couple restarts and it seemed to work.

Today it locked. I tried shutting off, restarting and so forth but with no success.

I called the dealer and, of course (I suspected this after my earlier nightmare with them) their response was "pull the positive cable off am mess with it". I'm struggling to understand the term "factory trained tech".

The car has been sitting in the drive for an hour and the screen is still active.

Can anyone point me to the "master reset" procedure?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, CourtneyNYC!

I'd like to look into your concern. Please send me a PM with your VIN.

In the meantime, here are the steps for the Master Reset:

MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

~Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #237
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
Thanks,But I will decline your offer.First because I don't really like to give private info here.And also because Ford is well aware of my problems.
Hi Beepster,

If you do not feel comfortable providing your information, that is fine. If you change your mind, I am here to assist, as BigJay said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
Ford customer service is here to help and she may be able to get to the bottom of things
Hey BigJay,

Thank you for vouching for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
What they have tried to fix on the car, they have failed at it, or the car came back in worse condition then it went. They just replaced the headliner for the sunroof adheasive failure and had to gut the interior and take off a door to get it out.
Hi csvt2060,

I know you have experienced a difficult time as well. I will keep an eye on your case to ensure it is addressed. Thanks for your patience, it is much appreciated!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 09-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #238
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi Beepster,

If you do not feel comfortable providing your information, that is fine. If you change your mind, I am here to assist, as BigJay said.

~Natasha
A decision has been made at Ford,and it's not gonna change because you say so.You will ask the same questions the dealership and the Customer Relationship people asked will and get the same thing.Everybody involved in the case are well aware that I'm very pissed off and all say they understand my situation and would feel the same.But as long as Ford's position is to make me wait,I'm stuck and nothing's gonna change until someone sets a deadline.So far there's none.The dealership set one ,but now they are the one struggling to hold their promise and are looking bad.They got a lot to lose.I'm not good publicity and they are well aware of that.So if they can't do nothing ,I'm pretty sure you can't neither.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #239
BigJay
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88323
What I Drive: 2012 Focus hatch SEL, sonic blue

FF Reputation: 1 BigJay Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hi, CourtneyNYC!

I'd like to look into your concern. Please send me a PM with your VIN.

In the meantime, here are the steps for the Master Reset:

MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

~Jaclyn
Who is this? a new ford rep person? or a rando asking for ppls vin? Natasha can you verify?
Old 09-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #240
CourtneyNYC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86057
What I Drive: 2010 - Sterling Gray&2012 White Ti

FF Reputation: 1 CourtneyNYC Good Standing Member
>>>Ford In-Vehicle Technology Team

Thank you for your kind offer. I'll get the information when I get home this evening and send it.

Courtney

Bookmarks & Social Networks