Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 22 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #211
jason2856
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89543
What I Drive: silver '10,blue'12,97 -f150

FF Reputation: 1 jason2856 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Cool your an ASE certified technician. So is my brother in law, for ford. Yet he drives a chevy( that irritates the hell out of me). I understand you dont like people like me, thats cool, dont care. I guess i should have drug the story out and maybe you wouldnt have been so critical. There was alot i left out, like visiting that dealership 3 times, before i let my brother in law take it to his dealership, at least his dealership told me they would buy it for $19,900. Im sorry i just dont want to go on about it, it irritates me. Your right shouldnt buy a new model car, cause of all the problems, remember that when you buy a new cereal, clothes, shoes,oil, furniture i mean we shouldnt buy anything new, until at least 2 years, right??? (see i can be sarcastic too) That new kelloggs corn flakes might be bad, but at least you can take it back for a refund. Im a ford fan all my life, its ok they screwed up...couple times. Ill get over it, hopefully they fix it, if not ill trade it in, stuff happens man. I was just mad and wanted to express it, like others on this forum. When you have faith in something for years, and they turn their back on you, it really honks you off, you know. I t would be different if it was a fluke, a total of 4 times back at a dealership in 3 months, and im not the only one with the same problem. Come on man easy on the nick nack patty whack(whatever that means)brother bacon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2011, 10:55 PM   #212
jason2856
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89543
What I Drive: silver '10,blue'12,97 -f150

FF Reputation: 1 jason2856 Good Standing Member
Elglide your right, pulling out on a get on ramp on the high way will pucker your butt right up. They said the " The all new FORD FOCUS is a fun to drive car" ha ha , i really didnt want that kind of excitement. It is a good lookin car, handles nice, i like the electric steering, interior, top notch.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:17 PM   #213
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
Today the owner of the dealership who sold me the car took a road test with me and now totally unperstand why I'm so pi...ed off.And mostly when this dragged for two month and Ford still doesn't have an official fix to the problem.
Hello Beepster,

I'm pleased that your dealer is actively working to resolve your issues! I know it has been a lengthy process, and hope they are able to earn your satisfaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackertx-17 View Post
I have 5000 miles on my 2012 focus and it still shudders, I called customer service was told that I will have to pay for a transmission elvaluation at the dealer, and although I purchased the extended warentee that does not matter.
Hey Trackertx-17,

I responded to your PM, so check your inbox. Your dealer will be able to advise on any specific fees that *may* apply. So feel free to make that appointment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2856 View Post
the tranny shutters, doesnt down shift right, you literally have to mash the gas to get it to downshift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrichman6 View Post
I only have 325 miles on the car and after 4 days I took it back and contacted Detroit plant and I will get a letter in 10-15 days
Quote:
Originally Posted by elglide View Post
I see I am not the only one. Dealer tells me this is normal to have pinging on take off shuddering and problems finding the right gear. Well I have 3000 miles and it is not improving.
Hi jason2856, brianrichman6 and elglide,

I welcome the opportunity to assist with each of your concerns. Please PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can help.

~Natasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by serathe View Post
After a bit of searching & test driving we decided to go with the Nissan Versa.
Aww, well enjoy your new ride, and hopefully someday I will be able to welcome you to the Ford family.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #214
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hello Beepster,

I'm pleased that your dealer is actively working to resolve your issues! I know it has been a lengthy process, and hope they are able to earn your satisfaction.

~Natasha
The dealer agreed with me on two major points:

First,this car never should have got out of the assembly line in this condition.The quality control totally failed to recognize such an obvious fault on the car before shipping it.

Second,this is Ford's problem and not mine.I paid a lot for someone else mistake.So far I postpone a few road trips because my car is not suited for long trip until it's fixed.Ford only offered a very modest compensation(that I refused) and will wait until this is completely resolved before accepting anything.

Hope sirhawkeye will come online soon ,so I can kow his dealership name ,so mine can get the info about the faulty bearings and possibly fixing my problem.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #215
PLRX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16768
What I Drive: 2003 - ZX5 - 5 Spd - 2.3 Duratec

FF Reputation: 1 PLRX Good Standing Member
Never Never buy the first production year of a new generation. Wait for them to fix the bugs. The 2014 should be ok.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #216
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLRX View Post
Never Never buy the first production year of a new generation. Wait for them to fix the bugs. The 2014 should be ok.
Exept for the engine,transmission and the multimedia crap(MFT),most of the component of the 2012 Focus are from the latest version of the Mazda3.My problem is not associated with any of that.For some reasons ,some low quality parts,possibly bearings,are used and are causing problems in the front of certain cars.

Just hope my dealership or the engineers will fix this so I can get back to my normal life.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #217
BigJay
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88323
What I Drive: 2012 Focus hatch SEL, sonic blue

FF Reputation: 1 BigJay Good Standing Member
Quote:
Exept for the engine,transmission and the multimedia crap(MFT),most of the component of the 2012 Focus are from the latest version of the Mazda3.
Good to hear, i wasn't sure if ford remade it with alot of new unreliable equipment, was starting to get worried about my order lol. I have a manual transmission and and MFT so i should be good :)
Old 09-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #218
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Second,this is Ford's problem and not mine.I paid a lot for someone else mistake.So far I postpone a few road trips because my car is not suited for long trip until it's fixed.Ford only offered a very modest compensation(that I refused) and will wait until this is completely resolved before accepting anything.
Hi Beepster,

Once your repair has been completed, I'm sure you'll be able to take that road trip confidently. Have a good evening!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #219
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi Beepster,

Once your repair has been completed, I'm sure you'll be able to take that road trip confidently. Have a good evening!

~Natasha
Thanks for turning the knife in the wound.I bought my car on the 30th of June and after more than 2 months,my summer vacation is over ,summer is almost over and my car is still undrivable for long trips.I'll have to wait almost a year before doing this trip.Still no news about Ford or my Dealer.This car has been one bad news after another.

Also ,my last car was an 2009 Mazda6.It was a new model and I was one of the first to order and receive it.A month after ordering it ,I called the dealership to know if they had news about the car,they said the car I was suppose to get didn't passed the quality control inspection and was rejected.I got another car less than a week later.This is the big difference between Ford and a car company that cares about their image.The only reason the 2012 Focus I got passed the quality control inspection ,is because Ford don't do any!This was confirmed by the dealership.If an inspection of the car would have been done ,never this car would have left the assembly line.

And I'm still waiting for that quality car I paid for.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #220
elglide
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89575
What I Drive: 2012 sel silver

FF Reputation: 1 elglide Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by elglide View Post
I see I am not the only one. Dealer tells me this is normal to have pinging on take off shuddering and problems finding the right gear. Well I have 3000 miles and it is improving. I worked for Ford Motor Co. For 31 years and they are a great Company. I love this car and hope they get this straightened out and tell people when they buy one that they are going to have these issues..
My car is running fine now it does not shudder and takes off just fine. Took awhile to breakin. We love this car!! Still wish the salespeople would have explained this breakin period. On a straight road at around 55-60 mph I am getting 42.5 miles to the gallon!!! Glad I bought this car fun to drive also.

Bookmarks & Social Networks