Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 215 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-15-2014, 07:35 AM   #2141
cavedog309
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100919
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 cavedog309 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
38,000 miles and still Honkin! Not gonna take up for Ford here but I still get the shudder every once and a while and when it happens I drop the shifter into Sport mode drop a gear and nail it. I figure if it flies apart its still warranty as I took the extended 100,000mile option. A few extra $$ but heck it pays. I Love My FOCUS !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2014, 06:40 AM   #2142
dubstep4breakfast
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 149146
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 dubstep4breakfast Good Standing Member
Hey! Have focus problems?

Is your 2012+ Ford Focus not working to your satisfaction? Join my page: https://www.facebook.com/Fordfocusproblems
Old 07-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #2143
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

Points 986, Level 16
Points: 986, Level: 16 Points: 986, Level: 16 Points: 986, Level: 16
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedog309 View Post
38,000 miles and still Honkin! Not gonna take up for Ford here but I still get the shudder every once and a while and when it happens I drop the shifter into Sport mode drop a gear and nail it. I figure if it flies apart its still warranty as I took the extended 100,000mile option. A few extra $$ but heck it pays. I Love My FOCUS !
The only extended plans available at the time of my purchase went up to 70,000 miles (or 7 years.)

As long as the powertrain is covered, that's all anyone should be concerned about... glad yours is working (as is for mine. :) )
Old 08-04-2014, 11:52 AM   #2144
Britt
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 181017
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Britt Good Standing Member
Hi there,

My car has about 39K miles on it, and it's been doing the same thing, to the point that I'm worried it's just going to stall mid traffic driving, or while going up Seattle hills. I've more than broken the car in so I don't understand why I am still dealing with this.

I was so worried, I asked about the issue while I was getting my oil changed thinking there has to be something wrong with my transmission, and they said there was nothing wrong.

I am no longer under warranty - Is this something that Ford is aware of and can offer assistance on so that I can feel safe driving?
Old 08-04-2014, 12:01 PM   #2145
jonreyna
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 109646
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium

Points 17, Level 1
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Level Up 33% Completed
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 jonreyna Good Standing Member
Ford extended the warranty to 7year 100k miles and there is a new TSB that came out in July.

watch this video:

http://youtu.be/-vtRJ26zMdA?list=UUN...Llk98JddJLL51w
Old 08-04-2014, 12:01 PM   #2146
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

Points 310, Level 6
Points: 310, Level: 6 Points: 310, Level: 6 Points: 310, Level: 6
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt View Post
Hi there,

My car has about 39K miles on it, and it's been doing the same thing, to the point that I'm worried it's just going to stall mid traffic driving, or while going up Seattle hills. I've more than broken the car in so I don't understand why I am still dealing with this.

I was so worried, I asked about the issue while I was getting my oil changed thinking there has to be something wrong with my transmission, and they said there was nothing wrong.

I am no longer under warranty - Is this something that Ford is aware of and can offer assistance on so that I can feel safe driving?
the normal warranty covers the power train to 60,000 if I remember right, please check your original warranty and/or ask the dealer.

In addition, ford has extended the DCT transmission warranty even further, its been posted here on a few threads.

You should seek out one of the ford reps who post here and ask them to help you get your case escalated.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:29 PM   #2147
wavsine
Focus Addict

Fan#: 118470
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE Oxford White Hatch 5m

Points 13,638, Level 75
Points: 13,638, Level: 75 Points: 13,638, Level: 75 Points: 13,638, Level: 75
Level Up 97% Completed
Level up: 97% Level up: 97% Level up: 97%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 12 wavsine Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonreyna View Post
Ford extended the warranty to 7year 100k miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post

In addition, ford has extended the DCT transmission warranty
No, the only things covered by the 14M01 warranty extension are the transmission input shaft seal, clutch and firmware updates. The warranty on those specific items is extended to 7 years/100,000 miles, whichever comes first, from original purchase date. The extended warranty is fully transferable to subsequent owners. This only applies to 2012-2014 Ford Focus equipped with the DPS6 transmission built at the Michigan plant between August 1, 2010 and June 15, 2013

The remainder of the transmission and engine are not covered by the 14M01 warranty extension. Those items are covered by the original factory powertrain warranty which is 5 years/60,000 miles.

Synthetic oil in GDI engines
www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324396
Old 08-04-2014, 12:34 PM   #2148
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

Points 310, Level 6
Points: 310, Level: 6 Points: 310, Level: 6 Points: 310, Level: 6
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavsine View Post
No, the only things covered by the 14M01 warranty extension are the transmission input shaft seal, clutch and firmware updates. The warranty on those specific items is extended to 7 years/100,000 miles, whichever comes first, from original purchase date. The extended warranty is fully transferable to subsequent owners. This only applies to 2012-2014 Ford Focus equipped with the DPS6 transmission built at the Michigan plant between August 1, 2010 and June 15, 2013

The remainder of the transmission and engine are not covered by the 14M01 warranty extension. Those items are covered by the original factory powertrain warranty which is 5 years/60,000 miles.
thanks for the info, hopefully it helps Britt.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #2149
Britt
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 181017
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Britt Good Standing Member
This is helpful, thank you guys!
Old 08-06-2014, 09:33 AM   #2150
VisionPilot
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 140194
What I Drive: 2014, Sterling Grey, Titanium

Points 21, Level 1
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 1 VisionPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedog309 View Post
Same thing for my '14 Titanium Focus... only occasionally in 1st gear. Seems as though it was hit and miss based on engine start, and not necessarily on driving conditions or shifting. Turning the car off, running in the store, coming back, restarting the car, and no issue. So it's clearly an electronic / program issue.

Fast forward to July 25th (almost two weeks ago). On a whim, I decided to take my car to the dealer to see if there was an ECU udpate for it. Yes, there was, and they were happy to apply it, which also included modification to the transmission shift point algorithm. The car has not done the 1st gear shudder since then, and the shift points are much better selected and hold slightly longer, without having to use Sport mode. It is a noticeable improvement in the cars driveability. I'm hopeful that this update also included tuning of the electronic steering to mitigate how touchy it was in heavy crosswinds on the highway. I have not had the circumstance to test this out yet.

As an aside, I love this car! It has a very well controlled ride, and feels like a more substantial, solid vehicle. It's also very quiet on the road and gets pretty good gas mileage on the highway (36+mpg at 70+mph).

Bookmarks & Social Networks