Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 210 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-21-2014, 08:47 AM   #2091
ronkoe
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 114191
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver Metallic, SE

FF Reputation: 1 ronkoe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Had my PCM and TCM reset a month ago and everything is still good. It certainly is a warranty issue as I have been in contact with corporate. Runs great now. Hope it continues to do so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #2092
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilson92 View Post
I bought my 2012 Focus SE in September with 40k miles on it. It also shudders. I bought it thinking that this was normal for the 6-speed automatic, but that is not why I am writing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilson92 View Post
The hesitation, rumbling and jerkiness continues intermittently. I will let the forum know what happens - the appointment is for next Friday, 3/28/14.
Hey twilson92,

I'd like to loop in your regional customer service manager to assist. Please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealership.

I'll get this up the ladder.

Todd

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 03-22-2014, 02:26 PM   #2093
rlhiester
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 150490
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 rlhiester Good Standing Member
I was hoping to be one of the few lucky owners who have experienced no DCT transmission symptoms. Unfortunately I need to add my name to the list as I came way too close to getting killed in a busy intersection today.

I bought my 2012 Focus Titanium used with 19k miles on it in August 2013. Within two days, the car started stuttering in first gear when starting from a dead stop. Through experimentation, it seems I can minimize the stuttering if I pull out really really slow. If I pull out at what would otherwise be a normal speed, the car stutters. The faster I pull out, the more it stutters, and has stalled on two previous occasions when I tried to "floor" it. It also stutters most every time I pull out from a dead stop with the wheels turned. Today, it stuttered hard and almost stalled while pulling quickly through the middle of an intersection, and an oncoming car had to swerve into the opposite lane to miss t-boning me.

I had the car at my local Ford dealership shortly after buying it for an oil change, a "once over", and for the wiper motor recall. I mentioned the transmission, and my service rep acted like he had never heard of the problem. He told me they reflashed, but that didn't solve the problem.

I'm really disappointed in Ford. In 1985 I vowed to never buy a Ford again after a disastrous experience my wife had with an EXP she bought new in 1983. I thought I'd give them a try again after a bad experience I had with my 2010 Chevy Malibu. In all other ways, my 2012 Titanium is a fantastic car. Great handling, really good gas mileage, and some really great tech and features. But this safety issue now has me no longer wanting to drive this vehicle.

I read a couple dozen pages of this thread (seriously) before giving up and decided to post thus message. I'm not in a position to sell the vehicle, and at this point I wouldn't feel right dumping such a dangerous vehicle off on another unsuspecting person. Can a forum member please tell me Ford's current position on this issue and any recommendations to resolve the issue?
Old 03-23-2014, 02:02 AM   #2094
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 67 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Here's a link for the latest service info. I've seen here:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=389002

Needs to go to a Dealer for repair, if there are any issues with that process the Ford rep. who helps out on this site can help out.

Luck

S.R. #275
Old 03-23-2014, 06:00 AM   #2095
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlhiester View Post
I was hoping to be one of the few lucky owners who have experienced no DCT transmission symptoms. Unfortunately I need to add my name to the list as I came way too close to getting killed in a busy intersection today.

I bought my 2012 Focus Titanium used with 19k miles on it in August 2013. Within two days, the car started stuttering in first gear when starting from a dead stop. Through experimentation, it seems I can minimize the stuttering if I pull out really really slow. If I pull out at what would otherwise be a normal speed, the car stutters. The faster I pull out, the more it stutters, and has stalled on two previous occasions when I tried to "floor" it. It also stutters most every time I pull out from a dead stop with the wheels turned. Today, it stuttered hard and almost stalled while pulling quickly through the middle of an intersection, and an oncoming car had to swerve into the opposite lane to miss t-boning me.

I had the car at my local Ford dealership shortly after buying it for an oil change, a "once over", and for the wiper motor recall. I mentioned the transmission, and my service rep acted like he had never heard of the problem. He told me they reflashed, but that didn't solve the problem.

I'm really disappointed in Ford. In 1985 I vowed to never buy a Ford again after a disastrous experience my wife had with an EXP she bought new in 1983. I thought I'd give them a try again after a bad experience I had with my 2010 Chevy Malibu. In all other ways, my 2012 Titanium is a fantastic car. Great handling, really good gas mileage, and some really great tech and features. But this safety issue now has me no longer wanting to drive this vehicle.

I read a couple dozen pages of this thread (seriously) before giving up and decided to post thus message. I'm not in a position to sell the vehicle, and at this point I wouldn't feel right dumping such a dangerous vehicle off on another unsuspecting person. Can a forum member please tell me Ford's current position on this issue and any recommendations to resolve the issue?
Your service rep is either an outrageous liar or the dumbest guy in the industry. many have posted here that their dealerships report being flooded with these problems.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:17 AM   #2096
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

FF Reputation: 10 valmundo Great Standing Member
Quote:

Unfortunately for some dealers, if you don't specifically tell them to perform the latest TSB (In this case, its apparently TSB 14-007), they will basically perform as BS reset of the system. This will not work. Next time you go to the dealership, tell them there is a TSB (technical service bulletin) available and that you WANT them to perform this TSB on your car. If they do perform this TSB, it will be reflected in your bill once you pick it up. If they don't do it, it will not be reflected on your receipt.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #2097
rlhiester
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 150490
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 rlhiester Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Here's a link for the latest service info. I've seen here:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=389002
@sailor: Thanks for this link! I appreciate your quick response. I'll be making an appt on Monday for TSB 14-0047 and will follow up here with what I learn.

@mr_cassandra: I'd suspect the former. My local dealership has a rather large commercial business. Neighbors have commented it can be a challenge to get their consumer vehicles in the shop. There's no excuse for this behavior, but it seems they aren't nearly as interested in consumer as they are commercial.

@valmundo: It seems my dealership performed the BS reset which, as mentioned in prior posts from other members, seemingly did nothing to help the problem. Thanks for your confirmation of TSB 14-0047!

Thanks again to all who have responded! I'll keep my eyes open here for any comments/experiences with TSB 14-0047 and will update after my next appt.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:28 PM   #2098
johnh2008stang
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 150914
What I Drive: Alloy 2008 Mustang V6

FF Reputation: 1 johnh2008stang Good Standing Member
Focus wheel hop

My wife has the 2012 Focus bought brand new with only 12 miles on it. Around 1000 miles we noticed the car starting to have some "wheel hop" as she takes off. Ive read the post on this thread stating that it "could stop after some breaking in". Well she has 32,000 plus on the car now and the problem is still present. Its not getting worst or better. So this breaking in theory is starting to look like pure HORSE ! LOL!! Has anyone taken the car back to the dealer and had something done about the problem?? Please let me know. Thanks Y'ALL!!
Old 03-23-2014, 09:43 PM   #2099
MaeReAnne
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 150954
What I Drive: 2012 white focus 5D hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 MaeReAnne Good Standing Member
2012 Focus transmission trouble

After about 150 miles, my Focus Titanium began to have a clatter when turning left especially if it was on a slight uphill grade. It didn't happen everytime. I took it to back to the dealership. They couldn't/wouldn't hear anything. Asked me to bring it back and leave it. Took to another dealership that did keep if for several days. When I went to pick it up, they had run off a sheaf of papers for me and explained how these sounds were normal. Somehow, having a noise like a coffee can full of bolts rattling under the hood doesn't seem normal to me. Now the car is at the third dealership. God bless them, they are trying their best to fix this problem. To make a long story short, the car has been in and out of their shop 7 weeks out of the last 9. The transmission is now apart -- clutches have been replaced -- two other parts have been replaced at Ford's instructions. But, I still don't have my car and have no idea when it will be put back together. Did I mention that this dealership is 60 miles from my home. I have put probably 3000 miles of the 35,000 miles on this car taking it to the shop as we live in a rural area!! What really concerns me now is that I don't think I will trust this car. I've read of several people having to replace the clutches every 10,000 miles? Seriously? this just doesn't seem right. I think at some point, someone is going to initiate a class action lawsuit. I love the gas mileage and understand some of the flutter, stutter and whine that is associated with the transmission. But, I was told by the mechanics that the clutches were so badly damaged that they had great difficulty in getting them out of the transmission case. Something isn't right with this picture.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:56 PM   #2100
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh2008stang View Post
My wife has the 2012 Focus bought brand new with only 12 miles on it. Around 1000 miles we noticed the car starting to have some "wheel hop" as she takes off. Ive read the post on this thread stating that it "could stop after some breaking in". Well she has 32,000 plus on the car now and the problem is still present. Its not getting worst or better. So this breaking in theory is starting to look like pure HORSE ! LOL!! Has anyone taken the car back to the dealer and had something done about the problem?? Please let me know. Thanks Y'ALL!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaeReAnne View Post
After about 150 miles, my Focus Titanium began to have a clatter when turning left especially if it was on a slight uphill grade. It didn't happen everytime. I took it to back to the dealership. They couldn't/wouldn't hear anything. Asked me to bring it back and leave it. Took to another dealership that did keep if for several days.
Hey all,

I'd like to connect you with your regional customer service manager; please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage (if not listed above) and servicing dealership.

Todd

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->