Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 209 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-04-2014, 07:08 AM   #2081
twilson92
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119242
What I Drive: 2012 Kona blue SE

FF Reputation: 1 twilson92 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
From what you've told us so far (trying to charge you for warranty items, not knowing about TSBs), this sure sounds like an incompetent or worse dealer. Give them a chance with this week's repair but you may want to find another dealer. Good Ford dealers exist, but sometimes it takes a little searching...
There is a dealer around the corner from me that I have ruled out. They wanted to replace the on-board computer even though my mechanic ruled that out.

The next closest one is highly rated. That is the one that I talked to about the TSB. I'll take my chances there.

Typically I only go to a dealer when it is a warranty issue. I already have an excellent mechanic that I can trust. He is the one that sent me to the dealer in the first place. In fact, he wants to know how this turns out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2014, 09:47 AM   #2082
OSoOneShot
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 139929
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 OSoOneShot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Let me know how the repair goes.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:19 AM   #2083
twilson92
Focus Rookie

Murphy's Law of Intermittents states that symptoms will not appear on the test bench. As soon as I made the appointment to have my Focus looked at my car started acting much better. It still has a slight kerchunk when it first shifts but the acceleration is much better and the grinding noise has stopped. This has happened before. I called the dealer and explained what happened and he suggested that I bring it in without an appointment when it starts to act up again. The plan is to properly diagnose it when it is occurring and then schedule the work, and not waste both of our time.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:14 AM   #2084
twilson92
Focus Rookie

Ok, it's been over a week and my Focus transmission sluggishness/vibration has seemingly disappeared! I'm sure that it will come back, as bad as it was a couple weeks ago. Is this indicative of something relatively simple as a software update? Has anyone else experienced a temporary or complete "healing" like this?
Old 03-15-2014, 10:22 AM   #2085
raywal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102946
What I Drive: 2012 tuxedo black SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 0 raywal Newbie
Angry

the DCT is like a box of chocolates you're never sure what you're gonna get. mine does the same thing
Old 03-15-2014, 11:30 AM   #2086
twilson92
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raywal View Post
the DCT is like a box of chocolates you're never sure what you're gonna get. mine does the same thing
Have you had work done on it at all?
Old 03-15-2014, 01:10 PM   #2087
raywal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102946
What I Drive: 2012 tuxedo black SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 0 raywal Newbie
No I keep hoping they come up with a permanent fix I don't think there's one out there yet
Old 03-17-2014, 05:19 AM   #2088
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilson92 View Post
Ok, it's been over a week and my Focus transmission sluggishness/vibration has seemingly disappeared! I'm sure that it will come back, as bad as it was a couple weeks ago. Is this indicative of something relatively simple as a software update? Has anyone else experienced a temporary or complete "healing" like this?
twilson, various threads here on this forum contain so many people whose fix only last weeks to months, you will get tired reading before you get thru them all.

I sincerely hope yours is the exception and stays fixed. Great car when running right.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:51 AM   #2089
twilson92
Focus Rookie

The hesitation, rumbling and jerkiness continues intermittently. I took it into a local Ford dealer who would not commit to this being a warranty issue and warned me that it would cost $95 if "nothing is found". The only potential he could offer is a leaky module. This didn't sit well considering the other comments in this thread, so I called another local Ford dealer and laid it on the line. The service manager said that was almost completely certain that this IS a warranty issues and he scheduled me not only to bring the Focus into the shop but arranged for a loaner while he works on it. This guy at least gives me some confidence that he 1) knows the issue, 2) is willing to take it on with that knowledge, and 3) might actually know what the heck he is doing. In the meantime I asked for them to take a look at the bulletin that addresses a false alarm in the transmission overheating sensor (mentioned earlier). I will let the forum know what happens - the appointment is for next Friday, 3/28/14.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:49 AM   #2090
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilson92 View Post
The hesitation, rumbling and jerkiness continues intermittently. I took it into a local Ford dealer who would not commit to this being a warranty issue and warned me that it would cost $95 if "nothing is found". The only potential he could offer is a leaky module. This didn't sit well considering the other comments in this thread, so I called another local Ford dealer and laid it on the line. The service manager said that was almost completely certain that this IS a warranty issues and he scheduled me not only to bring the Focus into the shop but arranged for a loaner while he works on it. This guy at least gives me some confidence that he 1) knows the issue, 2) is willing to take it on with that knowledge, and 3) might actually know what the heck he is doing. In the meantime I asked for them to take a look at the bulletin that addresses a false alarm in the transmission overheating sensor (mentioned earlier). I will let the forum know what happens - the appointment is for next Friday, 3/28/14.
I would heartily recommend that second dealer, he sounds like he

1. gets it
2. actually cares about customer retention and service
3. doesn't parrot the ford party line memo and actually THINKS for himself.

I think you will get a fair shot from that second dealer

No disrespect on him but your next challenge will be "how long does the fix last, in weeks to months"

This second part is NOT the dealers fault, it is Fords.

Hoping for a great outcome for you. Awesome car when running right.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->