Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 205 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #2041
PMTGUY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107831
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE

Points 643, Level 12
Points: 643, Level: 12 Points: 643, Level: 12 Points: 643, Level: 12
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 PMTGUY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2013 Focus SE with the regular 6 speed auto and I had a incident the other day close to 3000 miles its never done it before. I was at an intersection and I was trying to accelerate and nothing I have the car more gas and it finally took off when I let off the gas it wanted to stall out. Any ideas? The car has been running ok since then.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #2042
baknblack
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111474
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 Door SE, Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 1 baknblack Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMTGUY View Post
2013 Focus SE with the regular 6 speed auto and I had a incident the other day close to 3000 miles its never done it before. I was at an intersection and I was trying to accelerate and nothing I have the car more gas and it finally took off when I let off the gas it wanted to stall out. Any ideas? The car has been running ok since then.
"Normal Operating Characteristics" if you ask Ford.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #2043
OU812focus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 127810
What I Drive: 12' Focus Hatch Blue

FF Reputation: 1 OU812focus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Hey folks,

I'd like to loop in your regional customer service manager, who is in the best position to assist with this concern. Please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, and servicing dealership.

Todd
PM sent and I appreciate your effort!
Steve
Old 12-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #2044
OU812focus
Focus Rookie

I can't seem to get around this thread. Stuck on page 205?
Old 12-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #2045
FocusMac
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 120194
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray SE

FF Reputation: 1 FocusMac Good Standing Member
Hey everyone,

FWIW, I had the same issues with my 2013 SE with the 'tin can rattling' noise on acceleration, violent bucking/shuddering changing gears and generally a loose and sloppy feel to the transmission and drivetrain overall. Took it in (Mullinax Ford in Kissimmee, FL) where it spent 2 weeks waiting on backordered parts. They did a reprogram and replaced the clutches and some sort of seals and now my car runs and drives totally different. It shifts smoothly and strong and the whole car feels incredibly better. The acceleration is greatly improved and for want of another word, the drivetrain just feels stronger. There is a slight intermittent vibration that may or may not be related butI have to say I am totally happy with the way it is driving now. Unless it reverts back to the old issue, I'd say these guys have the fix right. My SE has just over 25K miles now and I have only put about 500 miles on it since I picked it up from the shop, but it is a totally different experience - I just hope it doesn't go back to the way it was.

Good luck with all your repairs and hopefully yours will go as well as mine did!

Thanks Todd for your intervention and help!
Old 12-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #2046
FoFoTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119990
What I Drive: 2014 hatch

Points 555, Level 11
Points: 555, Level: 11 Points: 555, Level: 11 Points: 555, Level: 11
Level Up 10% Completed
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 FoFoTi Good Standing Member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812focus View Post
I can't seem to get around this thread. Stuck on page 205?
205 here also, does the FF software have trouble with super long threads ?
Old 12-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #2047
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Points 534, Level 10
Points: 534, Level: 10 Points: 534, Level: 10 Points: 534, Level: 10
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusMac View Post
Hey everyone,

FWIW, I had the same issues with my 2013 SE with the 'tin can rattling' noise on acceleration, violent bucking/shuddering changing gears and generally a loose and sloppy feel to the transmission and drivetrain overall. Took it in (Mullinax Ford in Kissimmee, FL) where it spent 2 weeks waiting on backordered parts. They did a reprogram and replaced the clutches and some sort of seals and now my car runs and drives totally different. It shifts smoothly and strong and the whole car feels incredibly better. The acceleration is greatly improved and for want of another word, the drivetrain just feels stronger.
How can this be, when so many of us have been told that the rattling noise, shuddering, and poor drivability are 'normal'?

It could be because only 1 in 10 Ford dealership service departments are capable of fixing any GD thing.

You got lucky.

Many of us still have problems that Ford refuses to address. Some of us have problems that were caused by Ford dealership service. Ford won't address those, either.

Ford seems to accept rank incompetence, lying, and other shady business practices from their dealerships. The last dealership my car was at replaced shift motors to address my complaints regarding the clutch, and then got pissy when I told them they hadn't done anything to actually fix my car. I told my Ford CSM that I wanted to lodge a formal complaint against them, but apparently Ford doesn't have any such process, because I never heard back from them about the matter. My clutch still vibrates.

I hope your fix holds, and congrats on having one of the ~10% of Ford dealerships that seem to be worth a damn.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #2048
OU812focus
Focus Rookie

I really like my dealer. But......
When they tell me it's normal and nothing they can do" makes me believe it's a Corporate issue. Design flaw I'm thinking.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #2049
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,848, Level 32
Points: 2,848, Level: 32 Points: 2,848, Level: 32 Points: 2,848, Level: 32
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 12 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812focus View Post
I really like my dealer. But......
When they tell me it's normal and nothing they can do" makes me believe it's a Corporate issue. Design flaw I'm thinking.
If it's "normal" and there's nothing they can do, then all DCT Focuses should behave the same way. They don't. Refer them to this website: there are many, many owners that have no issues at all with the DCT,or issues that have been successfully resolved.

If they can't fix yours it seems either 1) they don't have th skills or interest to do so or 2) a manufacturing flaw occurred in the production of your clutch or gearbox.

We all get the DCT isn't a conventional automatic and that some unusual behavior (slight clutch chatter, occasional gear confusion, sometimes abrupt clutch engagement) may be normal behavior. But pronounced clutch chatter, loud gear grinding, etc. is not.

I'm not sure how Ford reimburses dealers for warranty work, but I'd guess they don't get reimbursed much, if at all, for trying to diagnose a subtle problem. A truly good dealer that is in it for the long term will do the right thing regardless. I suspect much of the frustration here is caused by bad dealers that look at each warranty visit as a stand-alone financial event.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #2050
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 117411
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

Points 2,360, Level 29
Points: 2,360, Level: 29 Points: 2,360, Level: 29 Points: 2,360, Level: 29
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 6 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
205 page.... Can't go forward

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.