Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 204 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #2031
DopestFocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91433
What I Drive: 2012 focus hb titanium

Points 76, Level 1
Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 DopestFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Guys I brought my car to ford and they gave me a new update for the transmission and it seemed to fix everything. No more sluggishness and grinding noises hopefully it stays fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #2032
raywal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102946
What I Drive: 2012 tuxedo black SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 0 raywal Newbie
What TSB did they used
Old 10-19-2013, 05:31 AM   #2033
rbpexman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105094
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Focus

FF Reputation: 1 rbpexman Good Standing Member
"It's too bad there are so many folks out there without this reasoning capability. Thank you for being one of the exceptions! Like any new model I'm sure the Focus has some legitimate issues that need to be resolved. One can expect this trend to continue indefinitely as it does with ANY complicated product in it's first mass production run."

I am sure as well that there are legitimate issues requiring resolution. I bought two of these vehicles on the same day. I can attest to the fact that there are issue requiring resolution.

"Combine these somewhat expected issues with poor dealer network competency on the new product (again, pretty frickin typical unfortunately) AND customer perception and you get threads like these."

Poor dealer network competency, as well as issues with new Ford products should not be typical.

"Another thing I'd like to mention is that a voluntary buyback is NOT an admission of an issue. Most vehicles bought back have no verifiable issue. I can't tell you how many cars I've seen be bought back over complaints that NOBODY BUT THE CUSTOMER can verify exist. All buybacks are sent to a dealer for final repairs/inspection and then sold again to a customer that something like 90% of the time has NO related complaints to the buyback. Any dope can see that given the lack of continuing issues = car was never "defective" in the first place. The truth of the matter is that if one is persistant enough they can get any vehicle bought back. Ford loses something like an average of $10,000 per buyback. Around the time they've got that much into warranty service they'll consider a voluntary buyback especially considering that by the time the 10K number is reached the customer has already notified the BBB. It's more of a cost/benefit analysis than it is a "Oh, I'm so sorry your car is junk lemme just give you your $ back"."

Considering that buybacks also usually set the customer back, I truly doubt that most customers enter into such deals simply for something to do.

"I hate to wrap everyone into this bundle but it still shocks me how irresponsible car buyers are these days. I try on a $20 pair of jeans before I buy them... but there are still idiots who take a 10 mile around-the-block test drive in a demo, playing with the bells & whistles while the salesman yacks on and on and then sign a 20,000-80,000 note on a car they've never driven. Just because you paid a crapload of money does NOT exempt you from being disatisfied with a product that is made by the millions every year! In a perfect world such expensive equipment would be free of any issue of any kind and satisfy your expectations in every regard. Unfortunately, humans make these things and humans make mistakes. Jesus doesn't build cars and until he does - they will continue to have some occasional issues RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!"

Given the amount of testing that goes into cars, AND given the fact that virtually ALL of them are based on existing platforms, there is very little reason to expect many of the problems we are seeing in new models today.

"You also get what you pay for. Go spend $150,000 + on a car if you want "warm towel" service and absolutely perfect material quality, operational characteristics, etc. When folks complain about an entry level car not meeting their expectations I think of a guy who buys a coach airline ticket and isn't satisfied with the seats, legroom, food service, noise levels, etc. I know $30,000 is a lot of money but in the car world it's Mickey Mouse. Sorry, but it's the truth. If your car has a legitimate issue WHEN COMPARED TO OTHER LIKE UNITS it will be resolved - especially if you handle it with grace. "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar" they say. But if you are one of the first time car buyers mentioned above scraping together enough $ to buy an entry level car and aren't satisfied with it's "normal characteristics" SHAME ON YOU. You made your bed and should lie in it instead of flooding the internet with dubious claims of poor build quality and customer service."

No...shame on YOU. We're not talking about expectations of warm towel service...we are talking about the reasonable expectation of purchasing a vehicle that will usually be paid for over a period of 5 to 6 years to be free of a transmission that sounds like BBs rattling around in the bottom of a beer can.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #2034
patrickthecat
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 120230
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 patrickthecat Good Standing Member
I want to like my Focus

Hi everyone,

I found this website while searching for solutions to the problems I've been experiencing with my 2012 Focus.

As my car sits lifeless on my street I'll go into the problems (that I can think of off the top of my head) that I've been experiencing.

Like many other people, my car does the "grinding noise" when accelerating at low RPMs and also shutters quite badly when in stop-and-go traffic. I've heard about the whole "breaking-in period" but now that my car has almost 30,000km, I think I'm stuck with that issue for now.

The next issue is one of the most annoying. The driver's side vents blow hot air most of the time. It doesn't matter if the air conditioning is on or off or if the driver's side climate control is on hot or cold. The passenger side works just fine, though. I can sometimes fix the problem if I stop the car, turn it off and back on again. I had the car in for three days while they took the entire dash apart to replace a small A/C part. It did not fix the problem. What they told me was that they would have to RE-replace the part. That tiny part has been on backorder for about five months now.

And now to explain why my car is sitting lifeless on my street. Driving home the other night the gas light came on - not too out of the ordinary. The display read something like "60km until empty" about a minute later it said "50km until empty", then 49, 48... I was able to watch it count down. Was there a leak in my tank? Then my radio stopped working. An error message came up on the screen saying "911 Assist is not operational. Please visit your dealer for". My radio/ My Ford Touch has stopped working before but it came back on within a few minutes. Anyway, I just made it home with a few km to spare. I looked everywhere for a sign of a fuel leak but could not find anything. The next day I went to start it but the battery was dead. After jump starting it I drove it around the neighborhood and parked it. Next day, same thing. Battery was dead.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? Hopefully I'll be able to jump it again tomorrow to bring into the dealer.

Other issues include the clock freezing on a certain time, then jumping forward to the correct time, bluetooth connection issues, and playing the first 30 seconds of a song off of my iphone, then skipping to the next automatically.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just not stoked after cancelling my plans this weekend due to lack of car. I really want to like this car!

Joe
Old 11-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #2035
baknblack
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111474
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 Door SE, Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 1 baknblack Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DopestFocus View Post
Guys I brought my car to ford and they gave me a new update for the transmission and it seemed to fix everything. No more sluggishness and grinding noises hopefully it stays fixed.
Yes, what TSB? My dealer just keeps saying it is "normal operating characteristics."
Old 11-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #2036
Newshoundaussie
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 124065
What I Drive: 2012 red se sport

FF Reputation: 1 Newshoundaussie Good Standing Member
My 82 year old mother has a 2012 focus se sport with these tranny problems, the reboot did nothing. The parts are on backorder now for over 6 weeks. Spoke with the service rep, they mentioned that they have 18 cars waiting for parts at there dealership.
So the car sits in my driveway waiting as this has become a Safety issue with no parts in sight. Been told it has been over 3 months for others waiting for parts. Ford is ignoring a very serious safety issue with this transmission!!
Old 11-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #2037
aptech77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44296
What I Drive: 2012 POS!! Loaded SEL HB Ford Fucus

FF Reputation: 1 aptech77 Good Standing Member
Good Luck!
Old 12-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #2038
OU812focus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 127810
What I Drive: 12' Focus Hatch Blue

FF Reputation: 1 OU812focus Good Standing Member
What was the issues?
I've had my 2012 updated and at least it accelerates when needed but has what feels like the transmission shuddering.
Dealer says it's normal.
32K miles as of today.
I don't believe that for one second.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Steve
Old 12-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #2039
rpmarine
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 127946
What I Drive: 2012 Black Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 rpmarine Good Standing Member
Question Trans Issues

Hey guys I have 95K on my 2012 SEL. I have had the shudder issue and a bucking problem as well. What TSB's are out there? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #2040
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,148, Level 34
Points: 3,148, Level: 34 Points: 3,148, Level: 34 Points: 3,148, Level: 34
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812focus View Post
What was the issues?
I've had my 2012 updated and at least it accelerates when needed but has what feels like the transmission shuddering.
Dealer says it's normal.
32K miles as of today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmarine View Post
Hey guys I have 95K on my 2012 SEL. I have had the shudder issue and a bucking problem as well. What TSB's are out there? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Hey folks,

I'd like to loop in your regional customer service manager, who is in the best position to assist with this concern. Please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, and servicing dealership.

Todd

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks