Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 196 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #1951
Turks
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113965
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 0 Turks Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goseejoe View Post
Agree 100% with Turks. We have NO confidence in this car to hold up for the long haul.
Ford needs to up the transmission warranty to 200,000 miles. Better yet just let anyone with problems get back their money.

Here's the solution:

Put this piece of crap up for sale a.s.a.p. or trade it in and buy any one of the following:

Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, or Kia. If you can afford it buy a Lexus.

There are always exceptions to the rule but for the most part when there is an issue it's usually minor and not the norm and very quickly resolved. I own 5 cars only one is the Focus. Guess which 4 I never had to do anything to since I purchased them.

I have one cheap Hyundai Elantra with 200,000 miles on it and was in two front end collisions and repaired. It's runs like a charm and aside from the accident repairs I never did anything but routine service.

None of them, I repeat none of them have issues like this issue with Ford and none of them would be as insulting to buyers as to suggest drive it and somehow it will adapt to you and all will be well.

I repeat yet again...FORD stalls with excuses so your warranty will run out then it's your problem. The fact that you won't buy another car from them doesn't seem to bother them.

You ask why? Because Ford's new markets are in developing countries not the U.S. What they won't earn here they make up for elsewhere which is why they don't care. Don't believe me look it up for yourself.

And please don't be fooled by "Natasha's" propaganda. They know the only repair is to replace the trans with a different type and they refuse to do it.

It was an experiemnt for Ford and this "new" trans has FAILED miserably.

If you doubt me ask yourself this. Why are there so many complaints just on this site alone. There are dozens more forums talking about this same issue.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #1952
Turks
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goseejoe View Post
Agree 100% with Turks. We have NO confidence in this car to hold up for the long haul.
Ford needs to up the transmission warranty to 200,000 miles. Better yet just let anyone with problems get back their money.
They won't up the warranty. It wil cost them too much. Think about this. If they cared and were concerned about all the negativity being posted here they would do something about it so that this site wouldn't be needed.

This site is here for all us suckers who bought this car to merely vent. It doesn't get the issue fixed and neither does "Natasha".

If you owned a business and a site existed ripping you apart everyday wouldn't you address the complaints so the site would go away? Of course you would. It's negative publicity yet we have how many complaints here in this section of the forum alone.

The only thing I can suggest is bring the car in a dozen times and GET DOCUMENTATED receipts WITH the exact issue written on the receipt. Then go see an attorney.

How many of you didn't even get a receipt or given one without specifics on them?

Ford instructs dealerships to try and avoid putting anything in writing. How many of you were just handed the keys and told come back if the problem continues? They don't get away with that tactic with me any longer. I learned that lesson years ago.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #1953
Turks
Focus Rookie

Bottom line: This car is crap. The transmisson will fail at some point in the majority of these lemons but you will never read about that here. You will get the bill.

How many of you went to dealers while still under warranties and didn't get satisfaction?

All of them are manufactured identically so what makes you think that only a few will fail but the rest will be fine.

Is that indicative of what you are reading here? NO!!!!! There's more complaints than people saying how great the trans is.

The higher end radio is a whole other disaster.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #1954
Turks
Focus Rookie

One last thing to think about folks. And this is first hand experience just last night.

My daughter takes the car and is gone no more than 5 minutes and calls me on the cell and says there's something wrong with the car. She describes what's happening and it's EXACTLY like all the issues here. I tell her to turn around and head home.

I wait about 15 minutes and I take the car but I can't duplicate the issue.

Now you ask what's my point?

This is what happens to some of you when you take it to dealer. The issue is intermittent but it's there in a big way. It eventaully becomes more frequent until the trans fails.

Look up the stories here and elsewhere. If you read my other psosts then you know I have over 17,000 miles and I have been dealing with this since 400 miles and have gotten ZERO satisfaction.

I get the same bogus answers at 17,000 miles that some of you have rec'd at 300. "The car needs to adapt to the driver."

In all my years I never heard such a stupid excuse. Multiple driver folks...multiiple drivers...ask "Natasha" what's her excuse when there's more than one driver.

Are we all supposed to NOT let anyone else drive it? We aren't dealing with sneakers or baseball gloves here folks that have to adapt to you.

If you noticed, every reply this "Natasha" gives is the same or she tells you to contact her. Why? To get your complaining off the board.

Buyer be VERY VERY aware that if you buy this car you are buying continual headaches.

Ford is a joke.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #1955
Turks
Focus Rookie

Sorry I know I already said one last thing but this is for "Natasha".

Post your DIRECT phone number not the 800 number or an email address. A number that will go DIRECTLY to your phone!

Wanna bet there is no real "Natasha" or that you will get some other Ford rep. It doesn't matter anyway when all is said and done because none of us can ever verify if it's really her unless we live close enough to visit headquarters and meet her in person. And it really doesn't make a difference since it won't fix yours or my trans.

She's in all likelihood a cyber creation.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #1956
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
Well then, let's make it a little more interesting and change the search criteria to any distance from Lebanon Kansas (66952), the geographic center of the contiguous United States of America (any zip would probably work).

Starting with automatic Focii:

You searched for:
Car Type:Used Cars
Body Style:Hatchback
Make/Model:Ford Focus
Year Range:2012 - 2013
Seller Type:All Sellers
Specs:Automatic,4 Cylinder

We found 3,064 used listings any distance from Lebanon, KS.

And now the same search criteria for manual Focii:

You searched for:
Car Type:Used Cars
Body Style:Hatchback
Make/Model:Ford Focus
Year Range:2012 - 2013
Seller Type:All Sellers
Specs:Manual,4 Cylinder

We found 152 used listings any distance from Lebanon, KS.

So, out of a total of 3,216 ICE powered Focii listed on Auto Trader across the country, 5% have the manual gearbox while the other 95% are automatics.

Of course all this is really telling us is that there's significantly more used automatics for sale and your right in the sense that this might have nothing to do with the DCT issues. Also, when you account for the total number of 2012 and 2013's sold this number is rather small, but it's interesting nonetheless. It would take quite a bit more research to draw any serious conclusions,
This can't be used to prove much, Ford manufactured far more automatics than manual Foci and a great deal of them went to rental companies so there's a very good chance that many of these vehicles are either rentals coming out of service or lease returns.

I agree that the DCT is crap (that's why I traded mine) but this "experiment" doesn't really prove anything.
HN#267 LS#108

TREAT YO SELF 2013
Old 07-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #1957
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Points 534, Level 10
Points: 534, Level: 10 Points: 534, Level: 10 Points: 534, Level: 10
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turks View Post
Ford is a joke.
Ford is the punchline.

The idiots like myself that bought one and are now stuck with it are the joke.

Mine's in the shop right now... expecting to receive a call this afternoon that they could not duplicate the problem and that the car is operating normally.

And I'll tell you what:

Nothing will make you realize just how messed up your Focus is like driving a different car for a while.

I don't particularly care for this Fusion I have as a rental...

But at least it keeps accelerating after it shifts to second gear (my Focus falls flat on its face as soon as it shifts to second).

It also is capable of other tricks my Focus can't do, like keeping up with traffic, and accelerating up a slight grade without downshifting.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #1958
NeverDie07
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 76519
What I Drive: 2007 SE/ 2003 EP3

FF Reputation: 1 NeverDie07 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turks View Post
Here's the solution:

Put this piece of crap up for sale a.s.a.p. or trade it in and buy any one of the following:

Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, or Kia. If you can afford it buy a Lexus.

There are always exceptions to the rule but for the most part when there is an issue it's usually minor and not the norm and very quickly resolved. I own 5 cars only one is the Focus. Guess which 4 I never had to do anything to since I purchased them.

I have one cheap Hyundai Elantra with 200,000 miles on it and was in two front end collisions and repaired. It's runs like a charm and aside from the accident repairs I never did anything but routine service.

None of them, I repeat none of them have issues like this issue with Ford and none of them would be as insulting to buyers as to suggest drive it and somehow it will adapt to you and all will be well.

I repeat yet again...FORD stalls with excuses so your warranty will run out then it's your problem. The fact that you won't buy another car from them doesn't seem to bother them.

You ask why? Because Ford's new markets are in developing countries not the U.S. What they won't earn here they make up for elsewhere which is why they don't care. Don't believe me look it up for yourself.

And please don't be fooled by "Natasha's" propaganda. They know the only repair is to replace the trans with a different type and they refuse to do it.

It was an experiemnt for Ford and this "new" trans has FAILED miserably.

If you doubt me ask yourself this. Why are there so many complaints just on this site alone. There are dozens more forums talking about this same issue.

Okay, I agree with you. I thought my focus was the best car to ever grace me. It had power, it was attractive, bottom line, I loved it.
Mind you, this was a 2007 the year after the trans had supposedly gotten "better"
Well, I got my fofo in 2009 with 28k on it.
In 4 years I put almost 100k(I was 18 when I got it drove a lot)
Lets say we're in the beginning of this year, my car all of sudden started getting slugish and wouldn't accelerate well. So I go get a tune up and spend all this money on it and the problem continues so I take it to a shop and they say it's an axle barring no big deal okay, get that "fixed"
Problem consists.
Sooooo now I'm getting annoyed so I take it in to a trusted friend they say my transmission is about ready to take a shit and he doesn't even know how my car can even still function. I am just absolutely dumbfounded. A 6 year old car with only 125k on it is DONE!? I couldn't believe that all the(what I considered) stereotypes of the focus were true!
What my point is, they took a crap trans continued with it for what? 13 years now?? Pulled the wool over peoples eyes for so long made these cars 23 thousand dollar cars and they just continue to rape people for everything they're worth. I still to this day love my focus, when I see it sitting in my drive way all sad and lonely, I just wanna drive it so bad. It was a good little car that shouldn't had gone out like it did. But now I have my honda with 70k, ten years old and it's like I bought a brand new car.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #1959
Userdenied
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116334
What I Drive: '13 Black Ti Hatch 5-Speed

Points 839, Level 15
Points: 839, Level: 15 Points: 839, Level: 15 Points: 839, Level: 15
Level Up 39% Completed
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 5 Userdenied Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
Ford is the punchline.

The idiots like myself that bought one and are now stuck with it are the joke.

Mine's in the shop right now... expecting to receive a call this afternoon that they could not duplicate the problem and that the car is operating normally.

And I'll tell you what:

Nothing will make you realize just how messed up your Focus is like driving a different car for a while.

I don't particularly care for this Fusion I have as a rental...

But at least it keeps accelerating after it shifts to second gear (my Focus falls flat on its face as soon as it shifts to second).

It also is capable of other tricks my Focus can't do, like keeping up with traffic, and accelerating up a slight grade without downshifting.
I've seen you all over the forums, posting almost exactly the same thing in any thread you can make it fit into. If your car is having such a large number of issues why not go about the process of getting it Lemon Lawed? Or find another dealer if the one you are working with won't solve your problems?

I understand that it's frustrating having a car that doesn't work right, but being negative about it to this degree does nothing to help you... Why not take all that passion and direct it at Ford and your dealer rather than the forum?
Old 07-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #1960
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie07 View Post
Okay, I agree with you. I thought my focus was the best car to ever grace me. It had power, it was attractive, bottom line, I loved it.
Mind you, this was a 2007 the year after the trans had supposedly gotten "better"
Well, I got my fofo in 2009 with 28k on it.
In 4 years I put almost 100k(I was 18 when I got it drove a lot)
Lets say we're in the beginning of this year, my car all of sudden started getting slugish and wouldn't accelerate well. So I go get a tune up and spend all this money on it and the problem continues so I take it to a shop and they say it's an axle barring no big deal okay, get that "fixed"
Problem consists.
Sooooo now I'm getting annoyed so I take it in to a trusted friend they say my transmission is about ready to take a shit and he doesn't even know how my car can even still function. I am just absolutely dumbfounded. A 6 year old car with only 125k on it is DONE!? I couldn't believe that all the(what I considered) stereotypes of the focus were true!
What my point is, they took a crap trans continued with it for what? 13 years now?? Pulled the wool over peoples eyes for so long made these cars 23 thousand dollar cars and they just continue to rape people for everything they're worth. I still to this day love my focus, when I see it sitting in my drive way all sad and lonely, I just wanna drive it so bad. It was a good little car that shouldn't had gone out like it did. But now I have my honda with 70k, ten years old and it's like I bought a brand new car.
I thought this was the MK3 discussion boards. I'm not sure the MK1 had the DCT transmission that everyone's having problems with in this thread.

Sucks about your car though, digging your hatchback Si
HN#267 LS#108

TREAT YO SELF 2013

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.