Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 191 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #1901
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Lemon

Points 2,278, Level 28
Points: 2,278, Level: 28 Points: 2,278, Level: 28 Points: 2,278, Level: 28
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 0 Tubeway Army Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckaroo View Post
where is your molding falling off at? read my complaint may have same problem I'm sure mine been leaking but when it rained hard it soaked the inside of car..
No molding issues on mine, of course mine is a 2013 Titanium with less than 2200 miles. So the problems you are experiencing may pop up later for me?

There is a known issue with water leakage into the spare tire well, but yours sounds totally different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #1902
hound
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99777
What I Drive: 2012 black titanium

FF Reputation: 1 hound Good Standing Member
My spare tire was full of water......I thought maybe I didn't close it right ......lucky I took video and showed the service department incase it happens again..............could it be from opening the trunk in the rain the water pours in off the corner of the lid
Old 05-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #1903
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Lemon

Points 2,278, Level 28
Points: 2,278, Level: 28 Points: 2,278, Level: 28 Points: 2,278, Level: 28
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 0 Tubeway Army Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound View Post
My spare tire was full of water......I thought maybe I didn't close it right ......lucky I took video and showed the service department incase it happens again..............could it be from opening the trunk in the rain the water pours in off the corner of the lid
No, there was a few people who had this issue, I believe it was related to faulty weather stripping but I am not sure exactly?
Old 05-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #1904
FrustratedFocusGuy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109102
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 FrustratedFocusGuy Good Standing Member
So, the Ford rep. that frequents this forum as well as the one that she referred me to, although both very nice and professional, were of no help. They simply agreed with the delear that a service bulletin (32134, effective 3/11/130 addresses the issues we all are posting here; i.e. grinding noise, jerks, shutters, hesitates. In essence the notice states keep an eye on the problem and await further word from ford. To which, I ask, "How long do I wait? Untill the waranty has expired?".

I filed a claim with the BBB and recommend all of you do the same. Through the BBB, Ford sent an engineer to me dealership (today) to address the transmission complaints. I was told the engineer said he found nothing abnormal with my car. Funny, the first time I took the vehicle back to the dealership they found an internal leak in the transmission and when fixed things seemed okay for a couple of months. The second time I came in the symptoms were identified and was given a service bulletin distributed by Ford. But now, there's nothing abnormal with car.

I'll see how far I can get with my state's lemon law. In the meantime, I'm seriously considering have the car wrapped by a local sign store, stating something to effect "This car is LEMON!" "Ask me why". Maybe that'll get the attention of the local news. It'll certainly get the attention of thousands who share my daily commute.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #1905
beckaroo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114237
What I Drive: 2012 white ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 beckaroo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedFocusGuy View Post
So, the Ford rep. that frequents this forum as well as the one that she referred me to, although both very nice and professional, were of no help. They simply agreed with the delear that a service bulletin (32134, effective 3/11/130 addresses the issues we all are posting here; i.e. grinding noise, jerks, shutters, hesitates. In essence the notice states keep an eye on the problem and await further word from ford. To which, I ask, "How long do I wait? Untill the waranty has expired?".

I filed a claim with the BBB and recommend all of you do the same. Through the BBB, Ford sent an engineer to me dealership (today) to address the transmission complaints. I was told the engineer said he found nothing abnormal with my car. Funny, the first time I took the vehicle back to the dealership they found an internal leak in the transmission and when fixed things seemed okay for a couple of months. The second time I came in the symptoms were identified and was given a service bulletin distributed by Ford. But now, there's nothing abnormal with car.

I'll see how far I can get with my state's lemon law. In the meantime, I'm seriously considering have the car wrapped by a local sign store, stating something to effect "This car is LEMON!" "Ask me why". Maybe that'll get the attention of the local news. It'll certainly get the attention of thousands who share my daily commute.
who is BBB? I think I got a big problem on my hands..thanks
Old 05-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #1906
FrustratedFocusGuy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109102
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 FrustratedFocusGuy Good Standing Member
Better Business Bureau. Here's the link:
http://www.bbb.org/us/auto-line/state-lemon-law/
Old 05-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #1907
beckaroo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114237
What I Drive: 2012 white ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 beckaroo Good Standing Member
Thank you
Old 05-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #1908
Areedsimmons
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114350
What I Drive: 2012, red, focus

FF Reputation: 1 Areedsimmons Good Standing Member
Still shuttering

I bought a used 2012 focus with 53,000 miles and now it has 55,000. The shuttering is still going on and I am scared something is really wrong. When I called the dealer they said this is normal but really what is normal about this. I'm scared I'm going to end up on the side of the road. I have had the car almost two months I just want the problem fixed.

When I read all the post above everyone that has made a complaint has very low miles on their vehicle so now I'm really worried this is a big problem.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #1909
bradl955
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114486
What I Drive: 2012 Pewter Focus

FF Reputation: 1 bradl955 Good Standing Member
Transmission Issues Too But I'm At 15,000 Miles

We've been having issues with our 2012 Focus' transmission since it was new, purchased in September 2011. At 15,000 it is stil happening! We have it in yet another Ford dealer to have it check as it is very annoying. This is the third dealer. They all say the same thing, it needs time to break in. Our other 2012 Focus (we have two of them) does not do this. Does anyone else still have this problem at higher mileage, way past the "break in" time?
Old 05-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #1910
bradl955
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114486
What I Drive: 2012 Pewter Focus

FF Reputation: 1 bradl955 Good Standing Member
Oil Leak When New

Has anyone had problems with their Focus where a plug that's popped on top of the engine, spraying oil all over the engine and hood of their car? This happened to me when the car was new and only had about 300 miles on it. It was fixed and the dealer said they'd never seen this happen before. I had the car for about a month when this happened. They had to order the part because the car was so new and this hadn't happened to anyone else that they were aware of.

Bookmarks & Social Networks