Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 183 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #1821
foxyfocus2012
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110667
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 foxyfocus2012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
shudder fixed but headlights not

I was having the same shudder problems with my 2012 Focus. It had been back to shop several times. This last time they finally figured it out!!! There was a leak that caused the problem. They had to take the transmission out to fix the leak, but it seems to have worked! I just picked it up yesterday and there was NO SHUDDER!!!!

I do have another problem I wonder if anyone else has noticed. My auto headlights will come on in the bright sunlight, but not when it is raining and dreary. This is not consistent, but often enough that it's annoying. The dealership has checked it twice and says they are fine. Obviously not!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #1822
cappa
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85229
What I Drive: 2000 VW Golf / 2012 Ford Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 cappa Good Standing Member
So after doing some kind of recall update to the TCIM module... I now have the "Key battery is low" and "Oil Change Is Due" pop up all time.

My transmission is also much worse now.... on the highway the other day I accelerated into another lane and my RPMs shot all the way up and my info screen went ape shit. It said something like "Transmision Malfunction Service Now" I quickly pulled over turned my car off and on and now the Transmission failure light no longer is on but my tranny "just doesn't feel right"

I'm sick of bringing this car to the dealer time and time and time again....
Old 03-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #1823
cappa
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
Truth. My dealership is getting an engineer to come to the dealership in the coming month to work specifically on the transmission and the suspension clunking. I'll keep you guys posted.
I had an engineer inspect my TCIM/PCIM module failures last year and the dealership finally fixed me issues(after multiple visits)... unfortunately now I've had numerous other issues pop up(and visit after visit back to dealership).

Probably why I'm back on these forums after a long hiatus.... everything was going well until they performed a TSB recall on my vehicle... now it's gone to shit...
Old 03-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #1824
cappa
Focus Addict

the recall I performed was Recall "12B37" and it's been a nightmare since that day....
Old 03-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #1825
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyfocus2012 View Post
I was having the same shudder problems with my 2012 Focus. It had been back to shop several times. This last time they finally figured it out!!! There was a leak that caused the problem. They had to take the transmission out to fix the leak, but it seems to have worked! I just picked it up yesterday and there was NO SHUDDER!!!!

I do have another problem I wonder if anyone else has noticed. My auto headlights will come on in the bright sunlight, but not when it is raining and dreary. This is not consistent, but often enough that it's annoying. The dealership has checked it twice and says they are fine. Obviously not!
Hi foxyfocus2012,

I'm glad to hear that you're shudder-free, but I want to make sure your concern about your headlights are addressed by the customer service manager for your region. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll get the ball rolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
...I'm sick of bringing this car to the dealer time and time and time again....
Hi cappa,

I've already been in touch with you via private message, but I wanted to touch base with you here, too. Be sure to let me know how things go with your dealership and regional customer service manager.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #1826
hopefulinga1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111007
What I Drive: 2012 red ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 hopefulinga1 Good Standing Member
Beware, my 2012 focus did the same thing. I had it in to dealer four times for repairs, including my mechanic found real seal leaking. Even after all this work, still just did not shift correctly. kept taking it back to service and was told to keep driving it until it did it all the time. Well guess what, 1000 miles away from home with 34763 miles, my transmissions totally went out!!!! There is a techinical bulletin out on this transmission/model. it does not get better.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #1827
hopefulinga1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111007
What I Drive: 2012 red ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 hopefulinga1 Good Standing Member
2012 focus transmission issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvandy4898 View Post
Well purchased my brand new 2012 Ford Focus on May 21, 2011. My vehicle had to be ordered and was delivered to me on May 24th. Upon driving it, I found that when I would come to a stop and push the gas to go, it would sputter and hesitate. I have been dealing with it for over 2 weeks and decided to contact my dealership.

I took the vehicle to the shop on June 3rd. The tech drove with me and felt exactly what I was talking about. He stated that he had to put it on the computer. Within 30 minutes, he came out with a piece of paper stating 2012 Focus automatic transmission shudder. Some 2012 focus vehicles equipped with the powershift/DPS6 transmission may experience a shudder/shake on start up or when slowing to a stop. This condition does not cause durability or reliably concerns and will deminish as the clutch breaks in. "IF CUSTOMERS COMPLAIN OF THIS ISSUE, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR THE VEHICLE AND SHARE THIS SERVICE MESSAGE WITH THE CUSTOMER.

My question was, how long does this go on and when will it stop? No on could answer. Has anyone else felt this issue? I could not find any post on this prior to me putting this up. I stated I do not feel safe in the vehicle. The car at times when I pull out on the road feels just like it will stall out. After sending an email to the VP of the dealership, I was contacted by the service manager. He stated that he is working on getting an answer from Ford.. At the time of service there were 781 miles on my car. Today there are 1291 and still nothing has changed. I am awaiting a reply and will move forward if I don't like the answer.

Also, yesterday while driving, my shoe lace got caught on brake peddle. Has anyone else ever gotten stuck on the brake peddle? Just curious. It freaked me out.

Beware, my 2012 focus did the same thing. I had it in to dealer four times for repairs, including my mechanic found real seal leaking. Even after all this work, still just did not shift correctly. kept taking it back to service and was told to keep driving it until it did it all the time. Well guess what, 1000 miles away from home with 34763 miles, my transmissions totally went out!!!! There is a techinical bulletin out on this transmission/model. it does not get better.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #1828
Wadido
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111010
What I Drive: 2012, Blue, SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Wadido Good Standing Member
Unhappy Oy!!

Well, I bought a 2012 Blue SEL, and have had the same issues with the trans, and still do. Trans has been re-programmed no less than 4 times. The same reply that is is normal. I now have a little over 22,000 miles. I have just kinda gave up getting any real fix.

A couple months ago, had an incident where my car wouldn't start, after going into Wal-Mart for about 20 min, would not start at all, tried for an hour to get it started, to no avail. Had it towed to the dealership that night, and of course it started right up the next morning. Had the same problem out of a 99 Windstar, never could get it fixed. Had to get rid of it.

At 8,000 miles, my heater-core went!!

through my ownership of the car, there is insesent noise from the front and back speakers. It rattles the cheap door panels. The speakers seem to be trying to do the same as the stock sub-woofer!! Very annoying. Need to be separation for the sub and speakers.

Now my headlight covers have condensation in them. Showed dealership, took pictures. They have to wait for approval, and they say they need it for a day, but won't give me a rental or loaner.

I have owned fords for the last 25 years. Been a fan for a long time. But ever since I bout my 09 F-150 and now this Focus, I am a doubter!!! I am really done with this car!!
Old 03-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #1829
Wadido
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111010
What I Drive: 2012, Blue, SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Wadido Good Standing Member
Sorry for the bad spelling!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #1830
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulinga1 View Post
Beware, my 2012 focus did the same thing. I had it in to dealer four times for repairs, including my mechanic found real seal leaking. Even after all this work, still just did not shift correctly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadido View Post
Well, I bought a 2012 Blue SEL, and have had the same issues with the trans, and still do. Trans has been re-programmed no less than 4 times. The same reply that is is normal. I now have a little over 22,000 miles. I have just kinda gave up getting any real fix...
Hi hopefulinga1 and Wadido,

I want to look into your cases and see how I can assist. Send me a PM with your info (VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name) so I can get started.

Thanks!

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Bookmarks & Social Networks